• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
And Lelouch Lamprouge answers my question in no time at all.

**** yeah. Project M is looking, really, really cool. Hell it might make me actually like Brawl again. (Thanks Falco400)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I noticed that Zelda has her own outfits. Is there a reason? o_o

Will we be unable to use custom outfits for Zelda this time?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Zelda and Sheik textures reduce transform loading times. Feel free to include what you want over top of the defaults, but for optimal competitive performance, make sure all those files are present.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
ohaisilent :3

I see...Then what ARE those outfits? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see anything different with the colors and I can't pick out anything with the bones. o.o

Revven

FrankerZ
ohaisilent :3

I see...Then what ARE those outfits? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see anything different with the colors and I can't pick out anything with the bones. o.o
They are the default costumes so loading times are faster, that's it. It loads them from the SD Card rather than the disc which in turn, again, makes them load faster. Nothing is different about them.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I don't want to be harsh but I'm generally disappointed in the Demo. I thought it would feel miles better than Demo 1 but it still feels like "Brawl on patches". Melee simply feels so much better to play, I was especially disappointed in how wavedashing feels. This is not a graphics issue, I don't really mind the Brawl graphics.

What I like about the Demo is the character design, I especially enjoyed Wolf even though his wavedash and waveland blaster feel clunky and unatural (hard to time also). I played the Demo for hours, first alone and then with the friend. We had quite a lot of fun, but we eventually switched back to Melee because my friends wanted to. After playing P:M, Melee felt just so much more natural.

That being said, some of the characters felt REALLY good to play, e.g. Charizard. I'm might do some writeups about each character and the game itself after I've played more. But so far, I don't really have people who would want to play P:M with me.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I don't want to be harsh but I'm generally disappointed in the Demo. I thought it would feel miles better than Demo 1 but it still feels like "Brawl on patches". Melee simply feels so much better to play, I was especially disappointed in how wavedashing feels. This is not a graphics issue, I don't really mind the Brawl graphics.

What I like about the Demo is the character design, I especially enjoyed Wolf even though his wavedash and waveland blaster feel clunky and unatural (hard to time also). I played the Demo for hours, first alone and then with the friend. We had quite a lot of fun, but we eventually switched back to Melee because my friends wanted to. After playing P:M, Melee felt just so much more natural.

That being said, some of the characters felt REALLY good to play, e.g. Charizard. I'm might do some writeups about each character and the game itself after I've played more. But so far, I don't really have people who would want to play P:M with me.
did you download the full version or the wifi safe version?

PEEF!

Smash Hero

The wavedashing problem, as we have explained, is that there is a 1 frame delay before you start moving from an airdodge. You have to become accustomed to this, it takes a day or two, but after that it should be fine. I know exactly where you are coming from, it was difficult at first for me to time wavedashes and wavelands because of the 1 frame difference, but you will adjust to it I promise =]

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Any time the random tries to select a non-demo-2 character it defaults back to Mario.

Sorry this messes with the random selection, but it was the most time efficient way of setting up the roster.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
50+? Try 127 for me, god damn. And it's a godsend I'm already familiar enough with BrawlBox to know how to insert my entire selcharacter file into the common3 or 5 or whatever one holds the CSS stuff (forgot which, I'll just double check by opening them).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm definitely not going to have the time to sort through all of this right now so I'm probably just gonna pop this in without all my other junk on there yet. However, it's great to finally make the switch to Riivolution now. Been wanting to use my own SFX for a while.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just figured out lucario is airborn and controllable towards the end of his usmash before he lands if you don't cancel it earlier with a jump or special. Neat little waveland.

Also got some pretty good shield pressure tactics going so far. Might try to get a video out sometime.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Remember that video of me playing backhand? I just got an email, LOL

Dear TheWonderGamer,

We noticed that one of your videos is becoming popular on YouTube. We love seeing our creators be successful, and we’d like to invite you to monetize your video.

First, opt your account into monetization from your Account Settings, and then opt your eligible videos into monetization by visiting your Video Manager.

Have fun and good luck,

The YouTube Team

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
My immediate impression is that this is really, really awesome. Certain characters do immediately strike me as a cut below the rest, but it's far too early to make any decisive judgments on that front.

Fun "glitch"-esque thing--playing on the Wii of a friend who never played Brawl much at all, we did a match on Metal Cavern and unlocked the reward for playing on Mushroomy Kingdom ten times.

My personal favorite so far is Toon Link because he seems like what I always wished Young Link had been like in Melee. But I've only tried about half the cast--school is preventing me from getting as much play time as I'd like.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'll download for the hell of it.

But dammit, I load up Riivolution and select Project M and I get vBrawl. Guess I need to mess with the brawlmods folder placement.

iLink

Smash Champion
So I forgot about bowser and just tried him out

LOL he's ****ing huge

that is all

EDIT: The camera on YI brawl is kind of all over the place. It seems to try to focus on the top half of the stage a lot.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but when the CPU is set to random, Mario is almost always selected. When you have multiple random CPUs, sometimes it selects the same colour scheme as well. I just had 2 green Marios in a match.

Figured I'd post it, just in case it hasn't before.
I noticed this too. I'm wondering if it has something to do with unavailable characters being turned into Mario.

(The part about 2 green Marios has been possible since vBrawl though)

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
How P:M can work in usb loader?
I use configurable usb loader and when I'm choosing if use codes or not, appears 3 RSBE01.gtc files, the P:M one, and other of the usb loader and geckos. Did usb loader load the 3 .gtc files? Because after the "ESRB Online are not rated bla bla bla" I only get black screen

And if I use geckos via USB the game don't start, I only get green screen.

I'll try cleaning my SD and only put the apps and P:M. Some help please? :c

Revven

FrankerZ
How P:M can work in usb loader?
I use configurable usb loader and when I'm choosing if use codes or not, appears 3 RSBE01.gtc files, the P:M one, and other of the usb loader and geckos. Did usb loader load the 3 .gtc files? Because after the "ESRB Online are not rated bla bla bla" I only get black screen

And if I use geckos via USB the game don't start, I only get green screen.

I'll try cleaning my SD and only put the apps and P:M. Some help please? :c
Come onto the IRC, we can't talk about USB Loader specifically on Smashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom