• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
so i launch PM thru the hackless stage builder thing. but when i go into stage builder it only starts PM about 1/4 of the time. 3/4 of the time it just freezes.. any one else have this problem?
I've only heard of a few people having this problem, and I don't know why it happens or how to fix it. You could install homebrew and use the Gecko OS app instead so it works every time though. :p

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Got to play this today with a friend for about 5 hours and I'm very satisfied with what I saw, been waiting for this game since 2008 :)

Experienced a couple of odd behaviors, not sure if they are bugs or not, I saved the replay but it was on the offline version so I doubt it will play correctly.

1. Wolf was standing near the edge of yoshi's story (Melee) on the slope, and was hit by a weak attack (I think ROB ftilt) while shielding and he instantly fell down to his death like he was spiked (No damage tho, he just slid from the edge but it looked too fast and weird)

2. ROB Fsmash sent lucario at a very low angle (Like a fox shine) near the edge of FD.

Keep up the good work, this game is awesome :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Got to play this today with a friend for about 5 hours and I'm very satisfied with what I saw, been waiting for this game since 2008 :)

Experienced a couple of odd behaviors, not sure if they are bugs or not, I saved the replay but it was on the offline version so I doubt it will play correctly.

1. Wolf was standing near the edge of yoshi's story (Melee) on the slope, and was hit by a weak attack (I think ROB ftilt) while shielding and he instantly fell down to his death like he was spiked (No damage tho, he just slid from the edge but it looked too fast and weird)

2. ROB Fsmash sent lucario at a very low angle (Like a fox shine) near the edge of FD.

Keep up the good work, this game is awesome :)
Those two issues are explained in the original post of this thread under Known Issues. They fall under the same bug, which involves DI, if you want more details please read the original post! :)

G

genkaku

Am I correct in assuming that PM cannot be loaded to homebrew via a USB drive?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It can be. We cannot discuss such methods here on Smashboards however.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I read the first post but the ROB fsmash didn't really sound like the "DI downwards glitch".

Also, attacking the shielded wolf near the edge also didn't sound like one of the issues listed but if these are known issues ok :)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
i think the spacies feel fine for the most part.

the only compliant i have is foxes shine against spacies.

when you upthrow a spacie as fox and theres no DI and you shine they go forward rather then back ward. making upthrow shine bair not a thing as well as the KDJ combo </3

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Demo is pretty great, only complaint is spacies feel terrible to play. They are too slow, their movements dont feel fluid.
Besides the 1 frame momentum issue (can't really summarize into a phrase easily), spacies animation data and attributes are 100% Melee.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Demo is pretty great, only complaint is spacies feel terrible to play. They are too slow, their movements dont feel fluid.
Try downloading their melee models. It may be a psychological thing.

On a different note: Marth's wavedash or his ledge grab radius may have a minor issue. He can't wavedash off an edge and immediately catch it for some reason.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Lucario is a beast i got some nice videos i gota show later. only slightly disapointed in zeldas lack of JC din and slower teleport no more rush down zelda. Got some nice DDD vids coming yall way too.

iLink

Smash Champion
I wish I knew more about charizard, I feel like I'm not using him right at all.

Also omg CF and Link feel sooooooooooo much better with the landing detection fixed compared to demo 1.

Revven

FrankerZ
There's some Charizard discussion going on at smashmods that you should probably par-take in! It always helps to discuss things with other players and figure out what you might be missing, sharing information is just part of the learning process. :)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman

Also omg CF and Link feel sooooooooooo much better with the landing detection fixed compared to demo 1.
Oh yeah. Those two among others (marf ne1?) totally needed this fixed landing detection.

BTW...IMO Link is one of the best characters in this demo. Spacie tier? Idk. But he doesn't have a bad or useless move. All of his moves are not only good and not only have tons of synergy, but are all better than the rest of his moves in certain situations. I've 'mained' Link ever since Melee so this may all just be biased, but in my eyes he's been buffed more in P:M than any other character in the game.

leelue

Smash Lord
Don't laugh at my scrubiness..

OmegaMuffin vs Thaimex
You seem to roll as your default movement option. This is a habit you must break out of. Rewatch yourself and notice the number of times you roll instead of run/other movement option. Try to take note of those instances and replace the poor habit with a better one.
Watching yourself make mistakes is an amazing way to learn, if you pay attention.

Hope this helped a little.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is there a guide of how to use Wolf in high level play? If there is, can I get a link.
This is a new game, so it's up to you guys to develop the metagame of new characters. I'd suggest starting a discussion about it in the Wolf forum in the Project M section of Smashmods.

:phone:

jalued

Smash Lord
This is a new game, so it's up to you guys to develop the metagame of new characters. I'd suggest starting a discussion about it in the Wolf forum in the Project M section of Smashmods.

testing charizards ledge getup options atm, he can use his glide attack to land onstage with virtually 0 lag, like a fast get up attack. He can also use his glide attack to platform cancel on BF and yoshi's (yoshi's is very strict timing it seems).

Discovering things is fun :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Don't laugh at my scrubiness..

OmegaMuffin vs Thaimex
Whoo, another Ike player! Here's some comments I had:

1) With proper DI (towards Ike's back), DThrow shouldn't combo into anything; if you notice them doing so, then you should prepare for a techchase. If they DI up or towards Ike's front, you can probably go for a regrab depending on the character.

2) DAir is a fairly weak option to use when coming down because it doesn't protect your sides; NAir or FAir are both better in this case, with NAir being the safest.

3) A throw combo I've found to be useful for getting people off-stage is BThrow -> dash attack. I feel you could've used this at certain points instead of going for DThrow.

4) You probably know this, but you should get more consistent with L-canceling and shffl'ing.

5) When edgeguarding someone who's going for the stage, running away and hitting them with reverse USmash is great at high %s.

Lastly, post your video in the Ike forums on Smash Mods so it doesn't get lost in this thread! I'll be happy to give you more feedback there :).

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Is there a guide of how to use Wolf in high level play? If there is, can I get a link.
I'm gonna be uploading some decent wolf footage, when it's uploaded I'll post the link here, so watch the thread lawl.

Also Snake, Toon Link, Lucas and R.O.B. gameplay as well.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Shine oos and wd oos felt weird, but otherwise it only took me a few minutes to adjust to the differences in games.

I played a bunch of lil lank and old lank amd they seemed sick as ****.

I'm super hype for pit, though. Anyone wana chat about pit over messenger? :D

jalued

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom