• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
So.. it was intended for the bomb jumping from link to end up smashing the bomb? 'cuz it has happened to me lots of times, the bomb just travels airbone and hits the guarding edge opponent wich is awesome tho.. I die.. wich is not :(

Vash the Stampede

Smash Rookie
They basically made a new game, inspired by Melee, using the brawl engine, it's not the same as inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl.

Opinions on what the tier will look like, this early, will most likely vary a lot from person to person and even from one day to another.
Okay agreeable that it is neither brawl nor melee but a new game.

However, denouncing an honestly un-opinionated question to ask what people think is a bit harsh. Alright though, whatever you want to do with your time man. Anyone else who is actually interested in that discussion would be pretty cool though, even though nothing is set in stone i'm intrigued to see who people think are going to be amazing in project M even if it changes continuously.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Reworking entire characters from scratch and making major changes to others isn't inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl.

And since we've already established you can't hold a reasonable discussion without starting to insult people and avoid their questions, I'm already looking forward to future discussions with you.
: )
1. Of course not. The action of remaking Melee mechanics isn't inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl. The action of inserting Melee mechanics into Brawl is step 2. Also, just because most of the characters have new stuff doesn't mean the game as a whole doesn't include Melee mechanics. For example, wavedashing with Melee's air-dodge is a Melee mechanic, and it was remade in Project M to bring back the Melee experience. It was implemented by ADDING the proper physics codes over Brawl. This is an example of ADDING a mechanic.

2. No, we have not established that. That's your opinion. I can hold a reasonable discussion. That's just a bad assumption that you've made. Besides, I didn't even insult you this time; I just said that I think you're wrong. It's my opinion.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Okay agreeable that it is neither brawl nor melee but a new game.

However, denouncing an honestly un-opinionated question to ask what people think is a bit harsh. Alright though, whatever you want to do with your time man. Anyone else who is actually interested in that discussion would be pretty cool though, even though nothing is set in stone i'm intrigued to see who people think are going to be amazing in project M even if it changes continuously.
One of the objectives of the project is for it to be balanced, so that makes it harder to decide who you think is good and who's not.

That's why I stand by my comment, you're gonna get very different opinions and they will change rapidly during the first weeks/months.

2. No, we have not established that. That's your opinion. I can hold a reasonable discussion. That's just a bad assumption that you've made. Besides, I didn't even insult you this time; I just said that I think you're wrong. It's my opinion.
Please go back to your pm's and read what I asked and what you answered, then rethink about what you just posted.
Just to clarify I'll say this, you didn't insult me now, and I never said you did, you insulted me a while ago.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
@NeoZ, I insulted you in the PM because I was getting impatient with your completely ignoring my points in our discussions and continuing to post crap involving only us on this thread when everyone told us to take it to the PMs.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Ugh, can we just stop with the arguments in this thread?
It's kinda hard to have a discussion without arguments, toaster. ;)

And on a non joking tone: I don't mean to derail the topic or anything, it's just that pm's didn't work the last time, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum if I can't stop it completely.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Damn, you guys are doing work. That's so great IGN recognized P:M. Get ready for the number of downloads to go up guys haha. Has this been done for other mods?

EDIT ... If someone can't have a discussion without arguing, there's a problem. Just saying.

Vash the Stampede

Smash Rookie
One of the objectives of the project is for it to be balanced, so that makes it harder to decide who you think is good and who's not.

That's why I stand by my comment, you're gonna get very different opinions and they will change rapidly during the first weeks/months.
Never disagreed with what you said. Actually I basically agreed with you, it seems you enjoy fickle quarrels so just going to end this where it stands daze has the right idea.
Daze = Bob Geldof, Live Aid all the way.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
So I have one last question about the full set vs wifi safe version. Let's say that I save some replays when using the full set. If I then reboot P:M using the wifi safe gct, will I be able to view those replays like normal, or will they still be desynced?

Revven

FrankerZ
So I have one last question about the full set vs wifi safe version. Let's say that I save some replays when using the full set. If I then reboot P:M using the wifi safe gct, will I be able to view those replays like normal, or will they still be desynced?
Will be desynced regardless.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Will be desynced regardless.
Alright, that's what I figured. Well, I'd rather have the benefits of the full set over being able to save replays, so I guess that's a thing.

Also, I like how Shadic and Gimpyfish have the only comments on that IGN article (as of now when I'm typing this) and they're both shamelessly plugging how great it is. Like professionals.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Never disagreed with what you said. Actually I basically agreed with you, it seems you enjoy fickle quarrels so just going to end this where it stands daze has the right idea.
Daze = Bob Geldof, Live Aid all the way.
Not at all, I was just clarifying why I felt it was pointless.
EDIT: Is it bad that I had never heard of Bob Geldof?

EDIT ... If someone can't have a discussion without arguing, there's a problem. Just saying.
I think we're using different meanings of arguing.
I meant it in this way: To debate, disagree or discuss opposing or differing viewpoints. To present (a viewpoint or an argument therefor).
Not in this one: To have an argument, a quarrel.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Alright, I said I was going to make a new texture hack for Final Destination, so I did.

This didn't come out exactly the way I envisioned it... But when I was uploading these pictures I noticed that it looked different than it did when I was playing it, so I think my TV has weird color settings that I didn't notice. But I actually like it better the way it looks here than it does on my TV. Hopefully some of you will enjoy this.

Download on BrawlVault

Direct link

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I said I was going to make a new texture hack for Final Destination, so I did.

This didn't come out exactly the way I envisioned it... But when I was uploading these pictures I noticed that it looked different than it did when I was playing it, so I think my TV has weird color settings that I didn't notice. But I actually like it better the way it looks here than it does on my TV. Hopefully some of you will enjoy this.

Download on BrawlVault

Direct link
Nicely done, man. As much as I love the melee-fied background for FD, I might just have to use this instead ^_^

NeoZ

Smash Ace
got a couple P:M sets uploading :)

some D3 action coming at ya
What's your youtube account?

@NeoZ, I insulted you in the PM because I was getting impatient with your completely ignoring my points in our discussions and continuing to post crap involving only us on this thread when everyone told us to take it to the PMs.
I'll just clear this up right away using timestamps...
My last post directed at you: 03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
People asked us to take it to pm's, so...
My pm: 03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Your post on the thread directed at me: 03-20-2012, 10:02 PM
I rest my case.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Good game, few suggestions.

Lucario is pretty OP on low-percent combos, but I suggest that the Down-B+A become an extension and carry a much long distance than its regular version.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
@NeoZ
Then I stopped posting on the thread and sent you a PM instead... Then, you continued to post on the thread complaining to the public that I am not replying to your PM... First of all, you shouldn't expect a quick reply since this is the internet; I don't have to reply the second after I receive your message. Second, even if I didn't reply, there was no need to continue the issue on this thread. Last, if you're using that old time reference to prove your case, then you're just a hypocrite. Once I got on PMs, I stayed on PMs.

Also, Toon Link is cool in Project M.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey JC,
Sorry to bug you again, but how do I go about combining all the parts of the download together? How do I work this? :p

Or do I just download all of them and put them all in one folder (which is what I tried doing, but it said I would rewrite some files.. and I don't know if I wanna do that lol)

@Flowteau: Agreed! Toonlink is a BOSS! :D

@Gamedominator06: I thought it was good video too.. its just that the girl annoyed me with alot of her comments. "Falco isn't able to throw his reflector anymore.. which is evil!!" "*mentions that pokemon trainer has split into 3 separate entities 50 times*" oh, and "projectM is just a bunch of small changes.."

god. lol

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm late on commenting on the IGN feature, but even for the casual observations they made, it was a really good video.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
So when will P:M get its own board so that we can have character specific discussion? I really want to talk to other Lucas players. He's hella fun, and figured out all his tech is awesome.

DOWN-B TO UAIR ALL DAY

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey JC,
Sorry to bug you again, but how do I go about combining all the parts of the download together? How do I work this? :p

Or do I just download all of them and put them all in one folder (which is what I tried doing, but it said I would rewrite some files.. and I don't know if I wanna do that lol)
Download them all to the same folder and open part 1.

So when will P:M get its own board so that we can have character specific discussion? I really want to talk to other Lucas players. He's hella fun, and figured out all his tech is awesome.

DOWN-B TO UAIR ALL DAY
P:M already has it's own character specific discussion on smashmods.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom