• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
PM was a huge hit yesterday.

An adamant Brawler (who doesn't like Melee) even said that he likes Project M better than Brawl.

Several other Brawlers thought it was okay at first, but after turning on buffer they loved it (beats me :/). All the Melee players thought it was great too!

metroid1117

Smash Master
PM was a huge hit yesterday.

An adamant Brawler (who doesn't like Melee) even said that he likes Project M better than Brawl.

Several other Brawlers thought it was okay at first, but after turning on buffer they loved it (beats me :/). All the Melee players thought it was great too!
Out of curiosity, what characters placed high and what players (Brawl or Melee) used them?

I hope it wasn't Link dittos in Grand Finals like you predicted :p.

Revven

FrankerZ
Several other Brawlers thought it was okay at first, but after turning on buffer they loved it (beats me :/).
Once you play Brawl for several months to a year, you get used to its buffer. So when you try a game without the kind of buffer Brawl has (Melee, PM) it feels awkward, as if your inputs aren't being read properly. But the idea is to get used to lower buffers, so everyone can play on the default buffer PM is set to (which is 0, obviously).

I don't understand liking the 10 full frames either, but it's what they're used to.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Out of curiosity, what characters placed high and what players (Brawl or Melee) used them?

I hope it wasn't Link dittos in Grand Finals like you predicted :p.
Nah, it wasn't aha.

I didn't really think Link was some kind-of S Tier beast, I was just really impressed with him.

Lucario was a favourite, the Melee top tiers saw some play as well as Zelda and Lucas.

We were all just messing around, but tournaments will definitely happen regularly from now on so we'll get results that actually mean something in the future :)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
imo all that stuff you mentioned made Lucas janky. just forget about vBrawl Lucas and work on some Lucas:M :). He's really good without any of that stuff.
What does janky mean?

I don't really care if he's good. Without pkf bounce, zap jumps, and magnet pull/bounce, he's lost his most unique behaviours as a character and what I consider to be the most enjoyable part of him.

SHpkf bounce for spacing I can do without; that's campy and kind of boring. However, ledge hop mag pull or full hop mag pull are can be used for chasing the opponent offstage and are options I like to have.

Zap jump recovery might be a little to good for melee. But I enjoy using it to put a pkf in your face as a follow up. In vbrawl each zap jump has a different height so the fire bolt can be placed quite precisely. I think zap jump wouldn't be a problem if its height was simply decreased. There's enough lag on the end of pkf that it could be made no better than a double jump as far as recovery is concerned.

As for being unable to reverse psi mag. Seriously, I don't get why you can't do it. So many moves can be reversed. Like Ness' psi mag. This had to be removed by design. What's the point of removing it?

Revven

FrankerZ
As for being unable to reverse psi mag. Seriously, I don't get why you can't do it. So many moves can be reversed. Like Ness' psi mag. This had to be removed by design. What's the point of removing it?
It's not so much intentional, really as it is just how the move works now. The way the move works is different in that the start up action is what primarily controls reversibility, but because the way the current magnet works, that action is skipped so it's not reversible.

We hope you understand, we didn't mean to make you or anyone else who liked the reversibility, upset.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving Lucas:M.
And Lucas was my third best character during the months I played brawl.

I very much prefer P:M's interpretation of the character.

oksas

oak-sauce
we're not livestreaming since i'd prefer to just have everything on yt, but matches are being uploaded as they happen. so it's almost as quick :p

youtube.com/user/oaksmash

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
In the second version you should add all the missing brawl charters and add melee charters like Mewtwo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Played some P:M with a friend today.

He loved it. "Why wasn't Brawl like this already?" Etc.

He isn't even a very competitive player. He understands a number of ATs and competitive concepts, but he doesn't often play with them in mind. Basically a casual, yet enjoys it much more than Brawl. We played for 5 hours.

What on Earth was Sakurai thinking when making Brawl?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hrmmm... so i just noticed that i don't have dracula's castle in my stage selection. i have the nowifi hackless method, if that matters...

iLink

Smash Champion
hrmmm... so i just noticed that i don't have dracula's castle in my stage selection. i have the nowifi hackless method, if that matters...
You need to have already had luigi's mansion unlocked

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
OMG... Dedede vs. Pit is gonna make me cry... Maybe not playing online will help a little, but I can't do anything at all .___.

Good thing I don't actually use Dedede, I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom