• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Here are the videos from Uprise 10 yesterday:

[yt]SmK9n1GR15w[/yt]

[yt]_H-Tf00IkiY[/yt]

[yt]5Q7jPtY6rgc[/yt]

[yt]37HljC7FKZY[/yt]

[yt]o20qeSdQUR0[/yt]

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Leffen does have a point, one exception notwithstanding.

But, seriously guys. Ike has horrible landing lag, horrible oos options, horrible recovery, and his moves/overarching strategy telegraphs itself.

Ikes best option(s) is to play like Melee ganon. Safe, defensive spacing, and abuse his range/strong and quick tilts, which inherently limits him to D/C/B tier at best. In fact in many cases I believe that in the comparison I'm making, Melee ganon is actually a more solid character than PM Ike.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Error

Project M was working great yesterday and then a map appeared in my Stage Builder with the name "Roach Motel" I cannot edit/remove or change the map.

As you know, until this is deleted I cannot get Project M to load.

Any thoughts? Is this a Nintendo patch to stop the MOD?

-Zec

Revven

FrankerZ
Project M was working great yesterday and then a map appeared in my Stage Builder with the name "Roach Motel" I cannot edit/remove or change the map.

-Zec
No, it's not a patch lol.

You have to go to your WiFi in Brawl and turn off Smash Service. Then, change your Wii's clock settings to a whole day ahead and the stage should be gone.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord

-Zec
Brawl doesn't even have the capability to be patched, as IIRC this ability was added to the system IOS after Brawl's release and hence Brawl doesn't run off of those system files. This is also why you can't use SDHC cards to load up Brawl mods through StackSmash or Gecko OS.

LKratos

Smash Cadet
Ragna the Bloodedge would like a word with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYsGUigv5lw
Huh, I haven't seen a really good ragna combo video in a while, thank you for that.

I stand by what I said earlier. People are approaching P:M with an aggressive, rushdown mentality, the kind that Ike can easily punish. You have to be patient and be really good at spacing, and then he's not overpowered.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Outside of jab (and grab of course), Ike is terrible when you get in his space. I can see him having a really bad time against spacies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Outside of jab (and grab of course), Ike is terrible when you get in his space. I can see him having a really bad time against spacies.
Ike vs Spacies seems to be about as good as a combination of Marth/Ganon vs Spacies.

He's got range and extreme power which you would think makes him great against spacies but the problem is..he's got the combined weakness of Marth/Ganon too so it sort of evens out in the end. If Ike doesn't DI the shines right though he'll be bleeding from the anus for sure.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
with characters like ike and marth around zelda needs no nerfs . i've even seen jiggs give zelda a hard time. lucario can get her with correct spacing. i got one vid i need to upload of me goin ham on Z :)

edit: if you'd play her you'd figure out how to beat her. thats what i do.
I'm sorry, this got posted a while ago but I still have to say, wtf are you talking about? Zelda absolutely ****s on jiggs in melee, and with jiggly more or less the same while zelda got so much better in pm, I don't see this changing. That zelda had to have been really bad if what you saw was true.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Against zelda, I either have to play super patient and just try to wait until there's an opening and throw projectiles (some of which will be reflected at me) until then, or play all out aggressive and give her no time to set up her fire.

The hardest part is just finding a good way to get in on her because her fire limits so many options and a smart zelda will KNOW this, and capitalize off the approach she forces you to make.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Against zelda, I either have to play super patient and just try to wait until there's an opening and throw projectiles (some of which will be reflected at me) until then, or play all out aggressive and give her no time to set up her fire.

The hardest part is just finding a good way to get in on her because her fire limits so many options and a smart zelda will KNOW this, and capitalize off the approach she forces you to make.
More or less...not to mention a well timed Neut-B or Dsmash and all your efforts just went straight to ********.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, this got posted a while ago but I still have to say, wtf are you talking about? Zelda absolutely ****s on jiggs in melee, and with jiggly more or less the same while zelda got so much better in pm, I don't see this changing. That zelda had to have been really bad if what you saw was true.
Puff has the advantage against zelda in melee. It's not as terrible for zelda as some of her other matchups but she gets destroyed by WoP and she doesn't have a good way to punish rests so puff can throw it out there without worrying too much. I agree that she'll definitely do better in the MU in project m but she certainly wasn't great against puff in melee. Play against someone who knows the zelda matchup and you'll see how frustrating it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLYmVaj1Tk

Zelda is amazing in project m though. I can't wait to go to a project m tournament in norcal (whenever it happens) now that I have transportation. I haven't played any super experienced smash players yet but I don't think zelda has almost any bad matchups. Marth and fox are still probably tough, and mario might be difficult to deal with as well (for no particular reason other than the fact that he's a solid character in P:M).

I've been playing for a little over a week now with every character in the game and I'll probably post some ridiculously long analysis of each of the characters here in the near future. Probably gonna revive my dead youtube channel and put up project m gameplay videos as well.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
while im not a pro shiek player myself you could probably use more utilt and ftilt for combos since they are primarly pretty good comboing moves. Her Uair isn't bad either allows for good mix ups to throw the opponent off balance imo. atleast thats what I could gather from the video's you provided. but thats just me and how I play her. Generally sheik really doesn't really have any bad moves imho. still though very good videos keeps me entertained. :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Lol what stage is that for game 2?

I'd recommend using more needles. Use them to turn around in the air, learn to needle cancel, and use them to help with edgeguards. Overall just try to improve your combos a bit. It's not like yours are bad or anything but sheik can do some ridiculous stuff. Utilt, ftilt, upsmash, ditlt, and Uair can all lead into each other pretty well.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Maybe zelda completely ****ting jiggs is a bit of a stretch, but it has to be one of the easier match ups among the high tiers for her, it would seem like zelda could deal with jiggly's approach decently with bair or fair, although rest is definitely a problem. I'm not an idiot though, you obviously know more about the matchup so I concede defeat lol.

iLink

Smash Champion
Puff has the advantage against zelda in melee. It's not as terrible for zelda as some of her other matchups but she gets destroyed by WoP and she doesn't have a good way to punish rests so puff can throw it out there without worrying too much. I agree that she'll definitely do better in the MU in project m but she certainly wasn't great against puff in melee. Play against someone who knows the zelda matchup and you'll see how frustrating it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLYmVaj1Tk

Zelda is amazing in project m though. I can't wait to go to a project m tournament in norcal (whenever it happens) now that I have transportation. I haven't played any super experienced smash players yet but I don't think zelda has almost any bad matchups. Marth and fox are still probably tough, and mario might be difficult to deal with as well (for no particular reason other than the fact that he's a solid character in P:M).

I've been playing for a little over a week now with every character in the game and I'll probably post some ridiculously long analysis of each of the characters here in the near future. Probably gonna revive my dead youtube channel and put up project m gameplay videos as well.
Where in norcal do you live? There's a project m tourney coming up this thursday in san fransisco. Hit me up if you want more info.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Ike vs Spacies seems to be about as good as a combination of Marth/Ganon vs Spacies.

He's got range and extreme power which you would think makes him great against spacies but the problem is..he's got the combined weakness of Marth/Ganon too so it sort of evens out in the end. If Ike doesn't DI the shines right though he'll be bleeding from the anus for sure.
I can't wait for the day when Ike stops being called a combination of Ganon and Marth.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I can't wait for the day when Ike stops being called a combination of Ganon and Marth.
There's no guarantee that day will come. For all we know, once PM's metagame is developed, it could be end up supporting Ike being a Ganon/Marth combo rather than proving it wrong.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
It's not broken. I can see wobba-wobba.

And Ike is just super marth or the final evolution of Roy, which only happens when you trade a Roy from your gamecube to your wii.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For those interested, I'm currently in the process of making an Ike hitbox thread similar to a Melee hitbox thread. Complete with animated gifs and frame data. I'm hoping to have it completed by Wednesday.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Maybe zelda completely ****ting jiggs is a bit of a stretch, but it has to be one of the easier match ups among the high tiers for her, it would seem like zelda could deal with jiggly's approach decently with bair or fair, although rest is definitely a problem. I'm not an idiot though, you obviously know more about the matchup so I concede defeat lol.
Haha, nah you're right though. Sheik, fox, marth, and falcon destroy her really badly. Amongst the high tiers her easiest matchups are falco, peach, and puff (not in that order). Ganon, samus, and ICs are all around 50/50 too but also at a lower tier. A lot of people think that zelda goes pretty even with puff or beats her so you're not alone, but pretty much all top level zeldas agree that puff is still really difficult to beat if your opponent knows the matchup.

Where in norcal do you live? There's a project m tourney coming up this thursday in san fransisco. Hit me up if you want more info.
Ahh man, that's pretty much the one day I can't go. I've gotta help my brother move out of his dorm at UCD. Thanks for lettin' me know though. I'll try to make it down there some time in the future.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
For those interested, I'm currently in the process of making an Ike hitbox thread similar to a Melee hitbox thread. Complete with animated gifs and frame data. I'm hoping to have it completed by Wednesday.
I am always excited when new opportunities to extend my smash knowledge arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom