• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmart

Smash Lord
And then I DJC and PK fire you anyway. THERE IS NO ESCAPE!
Who are you playing as? Most characters I feel have a decent option to shut down Ness jumping up AT them with a PK Fire. Or are you supposing Ness is already in the air firing at you to being with? In which case I'm not sure how you're being hit so much since there are a lot of holes with that tactic.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
You should try separating what you write into paragraphs, I read it, but I'm guessing a lot of people will just ignore posts that are giant walls of text.

And the part I quoted made me wonder, when you say Rapha, you don't mean Rafael Nadal, right?
Cause, AFAIK, they don't have mirror matches in tennis.
Haha yeah I really should separate the individual thoughts. The tennis thing was a typo yes I meant federrer Nadal. Oh well, thanks for catching that though.

Fixed the post lol >_>

:phone:

abcool

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Reflex vs Kage. From what i have seen Reflex plays efficient and doesn't waste movement or trying to be fancy. Kage is aggresive an smart. Brawl style vs Melee Style. I don't understand the resentment towards Reflex in some of these post the guy cares about pushing the community forward no matter what, weather it be Brawl/Melee/P:M. One of the very few pros i've see that doesn't give off a cocky vibe.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
And then I DJC and PK fire you anyway. THERE IS NO ESCAPE!
This user right here... HE/SHE understands the TRUE power of well used PK Fires!

I even made a prayer, it goes like this:
"Oh HolyNess, grant us the utility of your Flames(PK Fire),
allow us to succesfully use your Shining Blast(PK Flash) against our enemies.
We ask this of you humbly, so that you may stand at the top of the tier list.
Bestow upon us your Rising aerials and DJC's, we shall use these to the best of our abilities.
Unleash your fury upon the spacies! Let it be known that to conquer P:M is why you came!"

Tatoo

Smash Rookie
I had a question because a friend of mine who tried out P:M says that it still feels slower than melee. Is that solely because of the frame delay or does Project M/Brawl run at a slower frame rate than melee's 30 fps?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd like to see Reflex vs Kage. From what i have seen Reflex plays efficient and doesn't waste movement or trying to be fancy. Kage is aggresive an smart. Brawl style vs Melee Style. I don't understand the resentment towards Reflex in some of these post the guy cares about pushing the community forward no matter what, weather it be Brawl/Melee/P:M. One of the very few pros i've see that doesn't give off a cocky vibe.
Well.. I will fight anyone, I am ready! =)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I had a question because a friend of mine who tried out P:M says that it still feels slower than melee. Is that solely because of the frame delay or does Project M/Brawl run at a slower frame rate than melee's 30 fps?
Melee runs at 60 fps. So does Brawl/Project:M.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I say that the buffer option should be removed because of three reasons.

A. It replaces the handicap option, rather than being a separate option.
B. It hooks into stamina mode, making stamina use buffer.
C. It's original purpose, to help new players practice advanced techniques, hasn't been achieved as it is rather used to grant the uses a larger window for error in competitive play.

So unless the code can be reworked to not replace handicap, not hook into stamina mode and only be usable in training mode, I don't see any reason to keep the buffer option.
so there's always buffer on in stamina mode?.. cause the stamina itself works fine...

Melee doesn't even run at 30fps on PAL- it runs at 50 fps.
PAL60 = 60 fps...

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
If the buffer is just supposed to make things easier for beginners, why don't we just make advanced techniques easier to perform and remove the buffer.

To be perfectly honest, I've never been a fan the "High tech skill only" mentality of many melee players as it is really bad for the community. Tech skill should always improve your gameplay, and there should be a good amount of required tech skill, (two things that brawl got wrong), but at the same time a game with as high a skill floor as Melee's only pushes away potential players.

Strategy, knowledge and execution are the three most important things in competitive gaming, from fighters, to RTSes, shooters and MobAs, but with such a high focus on execution in Melee, it's very hard for a player better at the other two to win.

Difficulty does not equal depth. Requiring the most tech skill physically possible does not inherently make a game better.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Agreed with every bit of your post except for your mention of Brawl and the things it did wrong.

Knowing your tech (that that even applies to knowing move vs move and how to manipulate that, **** even optimal DI is a ****ing tech, imo) is pretty cleanly what separates people who do good in regions and people who do well in the national scene. Seems a bit arbitrary and ignorant for you to say such a thing.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with every bit of your post except for your mention of Brawl and the things it did wrong.

Knowing your tech (that that even applies to knowing move vs move and how to manipulate that, **** even optimal DI is a ****ing tech, imo) is pretty cleanly what separates people who do good in regions and people who do well in the national scene. Seems a bit arbitrary and ignorant for you to say such a thing.
Sorry that was a bit of an exaggeration on the brawl part of the post, but I didn't mean they were absolutely 0, just taken too far in the other direction.

I'd say move vs move would fall more under the knowledge category, and manipulation would fall under strategy though.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
It's doing an air dodge and throwing a bomb at the same time to get momentum but cancel the airdodge.

I think...

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know much about glide tossing, but I got some instructions from a guy on the P:M chat about doing it with Toon Link and it looks pretty cool, I'll be trying it soon.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If people want, I can make a video about Toon Link specific tricks, how to do them, and their applications. This would include the stuff featured in Samus-T's videos which I have recently learned and incorporated into my gameplay as well as other tricks such as:
-AGTing in all directions
-Bomb-Jumping
-Full Hop Double Arrow (FHDA)
-T-Bombing
-Runaway T-Bombing
-Spin-Hogging

I'll do it if people want it, but so far it doesn't seem like there is a big enough need for such a video to exist. But yeah, let me know if you think otherwise.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
If people want, I can make a video about Toon Link specific tricks, how to do them, and their applications. This would include the stuff featured in Samus-T's videos which I have recently learned and incorporated into my gameplay as well as other tricks such as:
-AGTing in all directions
-Bomb-Jumping
-Full Hop Double Arrow (FHDA)
-T-Bombing
-Runaway T-Bombing
-Spin-Hogging

I'll do it if people want it, but so far it doesn't seem like there is a big enough need for such a video to exist. But yeah, let me know if you think otherwise.
*prays daze to do the video*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom