• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
1:55 (They did get rid of that move, right?)

It's confusing because we know it's not 1.0 because Peach is in the video.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I noticed the snake fsmash yesterday
also, FD no longer has that background with the clouds, has it ? (I liked that one btw :< :<)

I just asked him, I'll edit this post when I get a reply

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You're right. It's astounding how people don't think to mess with SDI on individual hits, too.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Heya, project: M team! I know that this is unlikely due to the amount of stages in the game already, but I was wondering if you guys are ever going to touch Shadow Moses? I'd love to see a re-imagining of that stage, ala GHZ.

Bube_Marth

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!
About my Combo Video "Sannin no Chikara". There is some Demo 1 stuff indeed,
since I thought it would be a pity to delete my old scenes, cause some of them were actually nice.
I would say around 30% of the Video is Demo 1, pls don't hate me for that. The rest is 2.1

Anyways, I am glad, because it seems, most of you guys liked the video. Thank you very much =) Would love even more feedback! :)

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I was babysitting this little kid today (around 7 years old), and he wanted to play Brawl. So I agreed, despite not really wanting to. And my god. It was painful to play. I'm so glad Project M exists.

The best part is I proceeded to pop in my Project M SD card for this kid to show him how I enjoyed playing Brawl. And he got really excited and was like, "Project M is better, I like how fast it is!". It made me smile. He really liked how good Sonic seemed compared to Brawl. And he thought the Skyward Sword level was awesome. Someday he will understand the many other, probably more important parts of Project M, but this was definitely a start.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I was babysitting this little kid today (around 7 years old), and he wanted to play Brawl. So I agreed, despite not really wanting to. And my god. It was painful to play. I'm so glad Project M exists.

The best part is I proceeded to pop in my Project M SD card for this kid to show him how I enjoyed playing Brawl. And he got really excited and was like, "Project M is better, I like how fast it is!". It made me smile. He really liked how good Sonic seemed compared to Brawl. And he thought the Skyward Sword level was awesome. Someday he will understand the many other, probably more important parts of Project M, but this was definitely a start.
Who knows? This kid could be the next Armada.

:phone:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
A young kid actually liking a Smash game for being faster? Maybe there is hope for the future after all.

He coulld be the next Crush :troll:

Ecks

Smash Lord
I like how he conveniently had a hackless PM SD card available.

We should all learn from Sir Combee.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^He wears it around his neck.

Anyways, I apologize to anyone who watched my stream. LOL
My friends aren't that good at the game and are really crazy/ ******** lol

->Not to mention my computer died midway through the stream when we were actually playing serious and not trying out random characters lol

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I only watched about 30 mins at the start, but they at least took a stock or two off of you. I giggled every time whoever played rob did an f-smash and said 'woah there'.

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol maaan. I was sandbagging against them so hard so that they legitimately wouldn't get mad. I feel bad for playing super homo against my IRL friends lol.
And LOL yeah.. they're a funny group of guys.

Hopefully on the weekend SinisterB can come over and we can stream actual matches haha

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I just want to let you guys know that I've been playing Project M ever since I found out about it from that IGN post. FANTASTIC JOB. Keep up the great work. Heck, I even dedicated a video to you guys if you want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpiSzeqYtRM

Seriously, loving this Demo. It's been a WHILE since I've been on the boards but I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate what you've done!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^Great video! :p

You put a lot of effort into that review. I honestly just expected you playing against a computer speaking over the game sounds with a monotone voice listing out obvious changes from brawl lol.
Definitely a legitimate, solid review. Good stuff :p

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
^Great video! :p

You put a lot of effort into that review. I honestly just expected you playing against a computer speaking over the game sounds with a monotone voice listing out obvious changes from brawl lol.
Definitely a legitimate, solid review. Good stuff :p
Thanks Daze! Saw you commented on the video, too. And naw, monotone isn't really my style :p Can't stand watching videos like that.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

You know, something similar happened to me a few weeks ago, but it was two girls.

Still, glad to know hope still exists :')

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I like how he conveniently had a hackless PM SD card available.

We should all learn from Sir Combee.
Haha, I carry it around in my wallet in the area that people put their family pictures in.
You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at the number of people who still willingly play vanilla Brawl. It's good to always be prepared with a hackless PM SD card (even though I normally use Homebrew) for these instances. Better safe than sorry.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I was trying to relax listening to the Final Destination theme, when I saw this comment:

Y'all talking about which game is better like *******es. Personally, Brawl is much better than Melee because of the added features and the removal of a lot of things, like Roy, Mewtwo, wavedashing, moonwalking, some really cheap strategies, and, finally, no clones! I can finally play Luigi and Ganondorf in a totally new playstyle!
But, alas, I came to this video to listen to this awesome song, not to fight over something as trivial as this, and you all should do the same.
I agreed with the stupid wars and ****, but things like wavedashing... we parted ways without knowing each other.

And then I asked why, out of everything, Roy and Mewtwo, and he replied:

They deserved to be removed for how piss-poor they were as characters
Some people really have no soul...

Ecks

Smash Lord
Haha, I carry it around in my wallet in the area that people put their family pictures in.
You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at the number of people who still willingly play vanilla Brawl. It's good to always be prepared with a hackless PM SD card (even though I normally use Homebrew) for these instances. Better safe than sorry.
Family? Melee is my family!
But yeah, it's not surprising in the least. I guess it makes sense to carry one around. Instead of declining to play, or just going MK like I mostly do in situations like this, I could just tell 'em about PM.

abcool

Smash Ace
Are you devs ever gonna put the barrel back on Kongo Jungle 64? I saw a stage hack with the Barrel, but it didn't allow the shooting out of it mechanic. If not, what is the reason it can't be added. I thought all you had to do is take the barrel from stage builder and add it?!

When i play on the stage i always believe it's gonna come my way and then it doesn't. I loved it in Melee and 64 it makes the stage feel complete.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Unlike adding collisions, the Barrel is a special mechanic that would require a lot of knowledge behind porting special stage objects in of which I've seen no real progress besides porting stages over ones that do have them (DL64 over Melee GG).

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If we were able to add the barrel, I would want it so there is no delay on firing. I hated getting killed because the barrel doesn't shoot for 1 or 2 seconds after you hit the A button, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom