• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ganon is definitely better than DK. He has way better matchups overall and all Ganon's bad matchup are all pretty much close to even now.
His list was talking about sound effects LOL, not character viability/MU's.

Charizard gliding noise... ARUUUUARUUUUUUUU

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There are maybe 2 stages where you can time out with Pit. It's not like he can fly forever and auto-snaps to the ledge like in brawl. Ike on the other hand can sweetspot plank the ledge for awhile against pretty much everyone who doesn't have long range/high priority moves. So....gay...
Uh no he can't. After 5 (iirc) up-Bs, it doesn't grab the ledge anymore and Ike has to get back on stage.

Pit on the other hand is like ... carefully crafted specifically FOR timeouts.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Uh no he can't. After 5 (iirc) up-Bs, it doesn't grab the ledge anymore and Ike has to get back on stage.
I was not aware of this... Probably because I try to play as anti-gay as possible... But picking Ike in the first place might be considered pretty gay. Hmmm...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Does anyone watch Demo 2.1 streams anymore? The#Jay and I will be living together on campus starting tomorrow and we were wondering if anyone wanted us to stream considering the fact that you wouldn't get to see any new stuff other than us and our rusty play =/

Let me know

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Leelue uses Taunt! It's super effective!
Now we just need a gif of 9K walking in circles.

Does anyone watch Demo 2.1 streams anymore? The#Jay and I will be living together on campus starting tomorrow and we were wondering if anyone wanted us to stream considering the fact that you wouldn't get to see any new stuff other than us and our rusty play =/

Let me know
Yeah we still get viewers. I regularly get 30 on my streams, and VGBootcamp usually pushes 100 for P:M friendlies and 200+ for tournaments (and I believe they peaked at around 1500 for the P:M tourney at FC!).

cannedbread

Smash Lord
misunderstood attack of the week: lucas' psi magnet

all the pros are raving.

"=)" -armada

"We won't be discussing moveset changes at this time. Locked." -kinklink5

"it's really good for techchases." -kirbykaze

"it ***** sooo hard" -mango

"ike's pretty good." -vro

"110010010011011010010110111" -m2k

"it's really similar to pichu's bair if they di right sh tjolt" -icg

toon in next week for misunderstood move of the week

`dazrin

Smash Champion
StrongBad @ SteakNShake:

"Yeah, for the next release, I'm just going to remove Falco from the game. Dumb broken *** character." *turns backward to JC* "JC, Falco won't be in demo3, k? k."

Rofl StrongBad is da bess <3

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Just those two? I can get a quick vid up.

Oh, also RAR Float Canceled Bair turn around grab while holding a turnip.
Emphasis on those two, but all of those things you listed do sound hilarious and may have their own applications with Link. :D Footstool bomb combos were a thing in Brawl so their application in P:M definitely interests me.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I can't wait to see what people do with footstools with Falco and snake as well. I tried using them with Falco and the best I can come up with is shine->footstool them onto a platform->instant waveland out of footstool->shine again. I'm sure someone will be a little more inventive. Br for snake, I know he has amazing footstool setups in vbrawl so I want to see what a MELEEIZED snake can do with them...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Emphasis on those two, but all of those things you listed do sound hilarious and may have their own applications with Link. :D Footstool bomb combos were a thing in Brawl so their application in P:M definitely interests me.
I tried looking into footstools with other characters in the lab but the fact that Peach is the only character other than R.O.B. that can summon an item that doesn't hurt her and lets her recatch it makes me think it's less applicable for others.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Snake doesn't have amazing footstool setups in Brawl. 10-frame jump startup is awful.

No character does, really. Pikachu's is okay via U-Air, and Ice Climbers have shenanigans, but most of it comes from the occasional ballsy edgeguard from Wario.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Oh, then I guess what I saw was just flashiness. Which was using footstool to combo into explosives in a combo video. I never saw that for any other characters so I figured it was something snake had going for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom