• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
@metroid1117: jab out of dash is really easy... even without the use of c-stick... you just slide the control stick to diagonal down backwards and hit a and you'll jab...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah metroid I was talking about jab. Jabs biggest weakness is its ccability. and it CAN put people into missed tech state depending on their weight/%/etc. but its not foolproof. I guess its one of those med risk/med reward moves, which is cool =]

and those zard changes sound really good. the glide not putting him into special fall was what he really needed. Im glad you guys listened =]

metroid1117

Smash Master
@metroid1117: jab out of dash is really easy... even without the use of c-stick... you just slide the control stick to diagonal down backwards and hit a and you'll jab...
Awesome, I didn't know this. I hope this causes people to start doing it more, because from my experience, dash-canceled jabs are great.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Awesome, I didn't know this. I hope this causes people to start doing it more, because from my experience, dash-canceled jabs are great.

I'm a bit confused, one of you says dash-cancelled jabs, but the other is saying jab out of dash, those 2 don't sound like the same thing at all.
Which one is it? Can Charizard cancel his jab into dash or are you just talking about crouching during a dash and jabbing?

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's the same argument against jump cancelled grabs.
I always have called it jump cancel grab personally.

Both Metroid and MaxThunder are talking about the same thing, and I think it is pretty obvious they don't mean canceling jab into a run.

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone wants to see them, here are some matches that Vro, Rat, and I recoded yesterday. Most of these matches aren't serious and both Vro and Rat didn't really use their mains, so keep that in mind before making any judgments.

metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Ganon) 1-2
metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Sonic) 1-4
metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Wolf) 1-3
metroid (Charizard) vs Vro (Marth)
metroid (Charizard) vs Vro (Falco) 1-2
metroid (Charizard) vs Vro (Fox)
Rat (Ganon) vs Vro (Marth)
Rat (Ike) vs Vro (Falco)
Rat (Ganon) vs Vro (Snake)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I practiced your method max, I found it prett difficult, I couldn't narrow the angle to aim the control stick. Do you know what it is?

I got it down semi consistently with dash cancel - reset to neutral - A but there's the obvious problem of having to wait so I'd really like to learn yours.

edit: metroid I watched the first game and you use way too much dsmash, its really only a punish move...ill watch the rest later

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
I practiced your method max, I found it prett difficult, I couldn't narrow the angle to aim the control stick. Do you know what it is?

I got it down semi consistently with dash cancel - reset to neutral - A but there's the obvious problem of having to wait so I'd really like to learn yours.

just aim for the diagonal notches... my thumb just stop there naturally=)...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I haven't seen you in ages dude.
I like randomly appearing every once and a while.

But yea, I'm gonna try posting more P:M to help get it more popular with the masses.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
it's the same argument against jump cancelled grabs.
I always have called it jump cancel grab personally.

Both Metroid and MaxThunder are talking about the same thing, and I think it is pretty obvious they don't mean canceling jab into a run.
Yeah, that -ed makes it seem like you're cancelling the jab/grab.
I realized what they were talking about, but how metroid said made me wonder if I wasn't just misunderstanding(I don't play charizard).

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Some kind of announcement tonight~
Squirtle would be my best bet. Although PMBR could mix it up and give us both a char announcement and some more info on the engine :)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I want that stupid "attacker gets pushed off the ledge if their attack is shielded" to be gone.

That or a Diddy Kong reveal, hes the only character left I really care about.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I want the ledgeteching announcement posted on projectm.dantarion.com

and Kirby.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Im still holding hope that light shielding will return, and for the push on them to be how it was in melee. Shield pressure seems easier than ever and I don't like how powerless I am in shield.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I like it because you can dash attack and go directly into turn around edge grab. Idk if they buffed or changed that, I don't remember that specific option from Melee, but it's helpful. And if you don't need to, say with Ganon you wanna Fair, then you don't move immediately and wait.

leelue

Smash Lord
Why would want to do that when we have RARing
Being able to turn around naturally like every other character would be nice. Being forced to wait to put in my inputs is whack city and very counter-intuitive

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well it would be, but it also gives you the quick option of dash attack into edge grab OR opposite facing edgeguarding. So dash attack into Ganon Bair for example. Idk I'm ok with it because it gives you an option on whether you want to do it or not, and when you decide to use it the options you get aren't too bad for certain scenarios. If you ALWAYS fell off after dash attack, that would be an awful design.

leelue

Smash Lord
You could just... RAR wavedash and do everything you listed way way faster no muss no fuss. It's practicality is limited to flashiness thanks to RAR.
Actually, it can let you try and retreat to the ledge if you whiff, so that isnt entirely true.
You won't be successful but it is there.

I don't like it because it seems to mess with the very basic tenet of "press stick left = go left" and it forces you to be hyperaware of the window of when you can and cannot simply turn around at will.

I want to be efficient and fluid in my movements, not have to make sure that my attempt to Ftilt in the other direction results in an SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom