• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Hype! So has it been confirmed how Squirtle gets the shades? Because they are awesome.

Anyways, really glad all of the starter trio is finally in P:M. They were always my favorite newcomers.

Also, how long is Squirtle's WD in comparison to Luigis?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Maybe the shades are a costume? Either way, I want to see someone get a legit JV 5 with Squirtle while wearing the shades. That would be so much swag.

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
I judged it at about 1/4 or 1/3 of Luigi's Wave dash. I could be very wrong though.
As a Luigi main in Melee, I'd say Squirtle's WD at maximum distance is at least half of Luigi's. At least

I have a couple of questions about Squirtle for the PMBR or whoever feels they can answer them accurately:

In brawl, if you would "shell shift", you could flick the joy stick in the opposite direction right after turning around, and Squirtle would just stay in his shell for about a second. Is that still in?

I also vaguely remember Squirtle having the hindrance of being toad stooled just above the ground and landing on his back, upside down rocking back and forth for what seemed like at least 3 seconds. Is that still in?

Does Squirtle have any added strength in the water over other characters? There aren't many stages with water, but it would be interesting if Squirtle could swim faster or attack in the water. If not, I'm sure it's not possible at this point but something to think about for the future.

Does Squirtle still have the tumbling animation after his second jump?(love that animation :bee:)

Does Squirtle's water gun still project him in the opposite direction (like chars side b)

and lastly, are those Squirtle squad shades in the video going to be a skin available in the 2.5 build? So ****ing cool... thanks in advance

iLink

Smash Champion
If squirtle can put on his shades with a taunt ala Guile from SF4, I might just have to use him.

EDIT: Also to anyone that was questioning the post regarding another pokemon being revealed next, the joke was that mewtwo is being revealed. He wasn't serious.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
If squirtle can put on his shades with a taunt ala Guile from SF4, I might just have to use him.

EDIT: Also to anyone that was questioning the post regarding another pokemon being revealed next, the joke was that mewtwo is being revealed. He wasn't serious.
I can't even believe you had to explain it.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
As a Luigi main in Melee, I'd say Squirtle's WD at maximum distance is at least half of Luigi's. At least

I have a couple of questions about Squirtle for the PMBR or whoever feels they can answer them accurately:

In brawl, if you would "shell shift", you could flick the joy stick in the opposite direction right after turning around, and Squirtle would just stay in his shell for about a second. Is that still in?

I also vaguely remember Squirtle having the hindrance of being toad stooled just above the ground and landing on his back, upside down rocking back and forth for what seemed like at least 3 seconds. Is that still in?

Does Squirtle have any added strength in the water over other characters? There aren't many stages with water, but it would be interesting if Squirtle could swim faster or attack in the water. If not, I'm sure it's not possible at this point but something to think about for the future.

Does Squirtle still have the tumbling animation after his second jump?(love that animation :bee:)

Does Squirtle's water gun still project him in the opposite direction (like chars side b)

and lastly, are those Squirtle squad shades in the video going to be a skin available in the 2.5 build? So ****ing cool... thanks in advance
I hope that the ability to footstool squirt in his side b is still in. It's just amusing that he basically is a "mario turtle shell" during that move so its a little easter egg. its not like will be used that often since footstoll is on the taunt button.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
the next update should be like 'oh **** look the clone engine was perfectly running from the start, and here's like 15 characters, and the option to run the game with melee graphics!'

:phone:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
melee models had a shiny plasctic look to them that did look good. Brawl is more realistic which is also good. I wish we could get the shine of melee but the detail of brawl. .
I actually can't get used to Brawl graphics because it seems less real and more cartoon than melee (excluding toon link) everything about melee seems more real or i don't more solid? I mean everything, sound effects, character models, stages, etc. one example would be marth's/ike's sword slash and the added slash effect, my friend actually thought that ike had the most range not because of the size of the sword but instead those slash effect thingies that come out everysingle time he hits with sword (he's use too melee effects) this goes for marth too. Oh and dem brawl sound effects :mad: it seems like they copied it off of some dirt-cheap 1980's kung-fu movie :glare: I didn't understand why Falcon's knee seemed like a regular baby knee with the stupid sound.

It just seems WAY more cartoony and i haven't gotten use to it, hopefully the PMBR will give all veterans a melee look for the final build, just becuz' melee

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I actually can't get used to Brawl graphics because it seems less real and more cartoon than melee (excluding toon link) everything about melee seems more real or i don't more solid? I mean everything, sound effects, character models, stages, etc. one example would be marth's/ike's sword slash and the added slash effect, my friend actually thought that ike had the most range not because of the size of the sword but instead those slash effect thingies that come out everysingle time he hits with sword (he's use too melee effects) this goes for marth too. Oh and dem brawl sound effects :mad: it seems like they copied it off of some dirt-cheap 1980's kung-fu movie :glare: I didn't understand why Falcon's knee seemed like a regular baby knee with the stupid sound.

It just seems WAY more cartoony and i haven't gotten use to it, hopefully the PMBR will give all veterans a melee look for the final build, just becuz' melee
I highly doubt they are gonna make it look just like Melee. That would be incredibly stupid and a waste of time, when they could be focusing on more important things.

If you want to play Melee, you'll always have Melee. It's not going to go anywhere.

:phone:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nintendo characters are cartoony by their very nature.

If anything, the Project M models better match the characters they are supposed to represent with way more detail.

The slimy reptilian look for Yoshi and Bowser was great in Melee, but otherwise I don't like the plastic trophy look of the characters. It just looks dated.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Melee had some ridiculous looks for characters LOL. Look at Captain Falcon's chest: He looks like a little kid on Halloween who bought a Superman/tough guy costume that comes with the puffy fake 6 pack.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Dude, get a Classic Controller Pro.

It's honestly easier to use than even the Gamecube Controller.

*raises Anti-Flame Hammer*
I dunno, the control stick location on the CCPro throws me off a lot :/

Also, on wiimote-nunchuck. You can't set dpad to smashes. WHY. It's possible in Brawl, I don't see why anyone would change it, and wiichuck becomes SO much more viable when you're able to do so. I'm not able to play P:M in tournaments unless the Wii already has my name in from Brawl because of this :(

Please fix.

:059:

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
If you want Melee costumes there are plenty on the BrawlVault. It'll take maybe 5 minutes and then it won't be forced on people. Textures and such are an optional part of the game right now and they should stay that way.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Dude, get a Classic Controller Pro.

It's honestly easier to use than even the Gamecube Controller.

*raises Anti-Flame Hammer*
CCP is pretty boss. The ZL button and non-analogue L/R buttons don't hurt either.

I have trouble dash dancing with it though.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I dunno, the control stick location on the CCPro throws me off a lot :/

Also, on wiimote-nunchuck. You can't set dpad to smashes. WHY. It's possible in Brawl, I don't see why anyone would change it, and wiichuck becomes SO much more viable when you're able to do so. I'm not able to play P:M in tournaments unless the Wii already has my name in from Brawl because of this :(

Please fix.

:059:
I am very sure that you can do this in 2.1. Go try it out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom