• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pretty sure bowser is 118

Puff and Gdub are 60

The light characters there are serious outliers though. I may be wrong but I think the next weight up is in the mid 70s.
Yeah yeah ur right, dunno where I saw 109. Musta been thinking about Ganon... I love Fair

Either way, Mario does pretty good for himself

JOE!

Smash Hero
Brawl weights:

Dunno how much has/will be changed, but Mario is technically the middle weight, but is at the top of it, with Ivy just above.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
This just occurred to me as a potential problem.

I'm using Riivolution, the tournament build. When snake up-throws Mario, it's an auto-KO (with usually glitchy effects, in such I have to use the super jump punch and scroll all the way left or right for an auto-ko, or a screen KO.) Is it just my wii? Or is this a glitch that is possible in all of P:M? It was tested on FD and Pokemon Stadium 1

metroid1117

Smash Master
It's hard to understand why sakurai's team decided snake to be so heavy. Perhaps Kojima's personal request?
From what I've heard, it's because Snake was originally larger than he is now. However, when they scaled Snake down to his current vBrawl size, they forgot to scale down his weight and the size of his hitboxes (which partially explains FTilt and UTilt's horrifyingly good range).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
<GHNeko>metroid
<GHNeko>you have to get a Fatal KO
<GHNeko>in a match
<GHNeko>and make sure its recorded
<GHNeko>or else im the best ike
<metroid1117_>**** neko, that's hard
<GHNeko>no johns
<metroid1117_>you'll be the best ike for a long time haha
<GHNeko>i did it on FoD against Marf
<GHNeko>no johnnnssss
<metroid1117>neko for da bess ike
<GHNeko>LOL
you heard it here folks

9Kplus1

Smash Master
you missed it already

2.5 bowser has

a shell o_o

as shadic said, "weekly updates" was nothing more than an overzealous outburst. don't use the amount of time passed as a determinate for when the next update will be; obviously, there are exceptions, such as three weeks or even a month without a single update. just keep in mind that the next 2.5 update is imminent and the PMBR won't disappoint us.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Roommate and I were talking about balance changes we think link needs. We both came to the conclusion that he's pretty much perfect as is except for two things.

1. Take away his long chaingrabs so he doesn't destroy characters like lucas so badly.

2. Give him a faster running speed. This alone will make him viable against Fox/Falco and other fast characters while not giving him too much of an advantage or one at all in his already evenish match-ups.

Thoughts?

Kati

Smash Lord
And here I thought it was pronounced "dah-cus." Great song for FoD. Is ragequitting and overall frustration common for friendlies?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Link's CG's will probably take a hit when/if Brawl's limb grabbing gets fixed, and when/if stage collision blah blah blah gets fixed. Or maybe tone down how well Link can grab people from the air.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
what's Ivy's downB and upB OSS options like?
Uhhh, not really good. They're only useful OoS in very specific situations that involve the opponent's placement, due to how the moves work. DownB needs the opponent to be directly above Ivy (maybe after deciding to jump over Ivy's shield with a FH), while upB requires him to be above and in front Ivy (possible interception of an aerial approach). They have good rewards (especially upB) but their uses are limited, as far as I can tell.

I think Ivy's best OoS option is probably nair. Possibly also bair if the opponent is behind him and probably shieldgrab for opponents in front of him, although his grab seems to be a little on the slow side (confirmation?).

Edit: I'm only saying that these moves aren't so good OoS, not that they aren't useful moves. DownB is more of a zoning tool that makes approaching difficult. I also like to call it a "foresight" move, because of its potential great rewards at a point in the future after executing the move. Rather than trying to reap rewards with it immediately, like OoS, use it as a trap. UpB is Ivy's main form of recovery (obviously) and also a combo finisher.

as shadic said, "weekly updates" was nothing more than an overzealous outburst.
What? You callin' daze a liar?!? :troll:

Stevo

Smash Champion
Roommate and I were talking about balance changes we think link needs. We both came to the conclusion that he's pretty much perfect as is except for two things.

1. Take away his long chaingrabs so he doesn't destroy characters like lucas so badly.

2. Give him a faster running speed. This alone will make him viable against Fox/Falco and other fast characters while not giving him too much of an advantage or one at all in his already evenish match-ups.

Thoughts?
1. I agree but we will have to wait and see once limbs cannot be grabbed if it is still a problem.

2. I'm not sure how much more run speed would help Link against Spacies. Could you elaborate? I think a better Innitial Dash would help, but improving that I think that would be a LARGE buff, on any character really.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if I'm playing as lucario and my opponent is blocking, can I hit him with an A attack then magic series into side B to immediately grab him? Is there some sort of safeguard against doing that to break shields, like some way for the opponent to escape?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Uh, IIRC, there are some true blockstrings into sideB, depending on the move's shieldstun. Of course, that is your opponent's fault for shielding those moves, since they usually have a good deal of startup to tip him off.

Thoughts?
Well, my thoughts are this: Link is pretty much perfectly balanced as he is. Every character is supposed to have key weaknesses to a certain archetype of character. If Link falls to fast characters, then I say so be it. The problem occurs when a char fails against specific other chars who also happen to beat most of the rest of the cast (you can probably see where I'm going with this). I noticed that you used the word "viable." Are you suggesting that Link can't compete with fast characters at all, or is it only the spacees? In either case, I'm not sure that a faster running speed will actually address his problems.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

Thoughts?
Definitely agreed with #1. Don't know about #2, an improved walking speed like JOE! said sounds like a much more manageable buff. It's not like Link is that slow anyways :x

The pause screen really needs to be covered with "Rage quit?" in big letters
+1 this

:059:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hey uh, could someone help me out?

This is a little off-topic but this thread is so active I thought someone here might be able to help.

If I put a replay (of Project M in this case) on an SD card how do I view it on my CPU?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You can't.

Replays are in a .BIN format. That's basically just a text file. As far as I know, there is no way for a computer to view such a replay without Dolphin or some other Wii emulator. Another way to view your replay elsewhere is to acquire a Dazzle or some other form of recording equipment and record your replay while it's playing so that you can save it in a usable format.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not like Link is that slow anyways :x

:
IIRC link has the 3rd or 4th slowest running speed. That is pretty slow >_>.

I just think it will help a lot with spacing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom