• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
For the sake of argument, are you not going to come back and complain about it if she ends up being something like 35th?
If she's 35th despite retaining her Melee feel then it's probably as a result of everyone else having such ridiculously overpowered designs that her otherwise cohesive defensive poking, flexible short range evasion, and efficient combo-centered gameplay can't keep up with. And that's a tall order - it would require some seriously ridiculous nonsense being handed out haphazardly to the other characters and/or an immensely radical shift in what the game dictates as necessary to be viable (and it would be undoubtedly a huge shift away from the advertised "Melee feel" in general).

And in that case I'll probably just shy away from the game entirely since that would signify to me that you're making Melee minus rather than Project Melee. And I have no interest in Melee minus.

leelue

Smash Lord
Thought I'd bring this up here as it has also been a bit of a hot topic over on the smashmods boards: what are your opinions on the introduction of a+b moves/inputs on more characters than lucario? Ever since Wario's revealed stomp I'm sure everbody here has had some sort of thoughts on it.

:phone:
I think it's great. Smash has a very small amount of inputs as it is. I think the problem would be coming up with 39 new attacks for characters, so I could see this being healthy if given to characters with extra design space+cool stuff to do.

Remember the snake shotgun or the tranq gun? That kind of stuff

EDIT: easter eggs could fit under that input as well. I'm sure that people besides casuals would go bananas over a fake falcon punch. Like the taunt idea that was shut down. Hell, I'll make that right now.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll do it later.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
If she's 35th despite retaining her Melee feel then it's probably as a result of everyone else having such ridiculously overpowered designs that her otherwise cohesive defensive poking, flexible short range evasion, and efficient combo-centered gameplay can't keep up with. And that's a tall order - it would require some seriously ridiculous nonsense being handed out haphazardly to the other characters and/or an immensely radical shift in what the game dictates as necessary to be viable (and it would be undoubtedly a huge shift away from the advertised "Melee feel" in general).

And in that case I'll probably just shy away from the game entirely since that would signify to me that you're making Melee minus rather than Project Melee. And I have no interest in Melee minus.
Even in the most balanced game, someone has to be 35th

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
35th would be the secret hidden square that has all of the worst traits of N64 Link, Melee Pichu, and Brawl Ganon rolled up into one magnificent failure of a character

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Balance

Minus games specifically made to be imbalanced

Pick one

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Even though Minus ends up being rather balanced in it's own way?

lolcontradictions

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
There's a pretty huge range of quality in the changes in brawl-. Some of the changes are sort of cool, like Mario's hat taunt making him metal or link having different types of arrows. Sometimes changes like that make the game feel fresh again... But for every amusing change in brawl- there's several ****ing horrible ones, like Rob's laser or warlock punch or snakes forward smash.

That said, I would follow the progress of a PM- if it was announced just because I mainly play 4 player and my smash bros don't play often.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
There's a pretty huge range of quality in the changes in brawl-. Some of the changes are sort of cool, like Mario's hat taunt making him metal or link having different types of arrows. Sometimes changes like that make the game feel fresh again... But for every amusing change in brawl- there's several ****ing horrible ones, like Rob's laser or warlock punch or snakes forward smash.

That said, I would follow the progress of a PM- if it was announced just because I mainly play 4 player and my smash bros don't play often.
Bowser is the worst thing ever to happen to Brawl-, in every version too. :c

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
so i've uploaded the bowser/falco matches

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUwAbS0M1LVP7XnYa_EG8M7g&feature=plcp

they're chugging away lol

the glitch that i referred to happens in the very first match, and i get punished for it when it happens 10 seconds into the pictochat match (match #7)

review, enjoy, advice? i know i need to tighten up my edgeguarding and movement, any other advice is appriciated

EDIT: I did notice i try to sheild grab too much, a leftover habit of a former melee marth main lol

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Doesn't Bowser have a decent shieldgrab? :ohwell:

35th would be the secret hidden square that has all of the worst traits of N64 Link, Melee Pichu, and Brawl Ganon rolled up into one magnificent failure of a character
Super bored right now, so I'm gonna do it. They're doing the same thing in the vBrawl Tier List thread, but with the converse.
[COLLAPSE="Product of Boredom"]
  • Can't L-cancel any aerials.
  • Lightest character, lighter than Jiggs
  • Months of jumpsquat.
  • DJ has no height.
  • Super slow running speed.
  • Super slow walking speed.
  • Grab has years of startup and cooldown and doesn't reach anywhere, whether he standing grabs or dash grabs
  • UpB is a command grab with almost no distance, vertical or horizontal, whatsoever. He also hurts himself.
  • SideB flings him forward a short distance as a bodily hitbox, and he hurts himself.
  • DownB is a multi-hit weak thunder that hurts himself.
  • Neutral B is a weak normal projectile with Warlock startup and cooldown. He hurts himself.
  • Jab is Link speed but Pichu strength, and he can only do one at a time. No jab 2.
  • All tilts are Pichu's except utilt. Utilt is Ganon's.
  • Fsmash has no disjoint, is multi-hit and can be SDI'd, and has Link's startup. He hurts himself.
  • Usmash is one slow kick of glory. Lots of startup and cooldown, but it's got some power.
  • Dsmash is a slow set of consecutive kicks on each side. Each kick is weak.
  • Fair is weak and multi-hitting. Hurts himself.
  • Bair is weak and takes forever to end.
  • Uair does 2% damage and takes forever to end.
  • Ganon's nair but with no range.
  • Dair has lots of startup and even more cooldown. Hurts himself.
  • Fthrow is long and weak. Hurts himself.
  • Bthrow is long.
  • Both other throws are weak.
[/COLLAPSE]
Man, I was really bored... :urg:

McNinja

Smash Ace
Arrows too?! Man I can't wait to see how they counter all theses nerfs.

Maybe he'll actually get a kill move!

Jokes aside, I have total faith in the pmbr.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
so i've uploaded the bowser/falco matches

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUwAbS0M1LVP7XnYa_EG8M7g&feature=plcp

they're chugging away lol

the glitch that i referred to happens in the very first match, and i get punished for it when it happens 10 seconds into the pictochat match (match #7)

review, enjoy, advice? i know i need to tighten up my edgeguarding and movement, any other advice is appriciated

EDIT: I did notice i try to sheild grab too much, a leftover habit of a former melee marth main lol
Ok I think I know what it is

You are being hit onto platforms, without going into tumble. Best example I can think of is again Falco at low %'s. Fox and Falco don't go into tumble/can't tech or get out of shine -> Dair, which is why you can do it multiple times before the Dair will tumble them. It probably looks janky because of some brawl related crap, but basically if you see yourself go onto a platform and "hover" there in lag, it means you got hit but not hard enough/by an attack that sends you into tumble.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
What I heard had nothing to do with decay. It had to do with the precision with which the arrows could be guided...

Jokes aside, I have total faith in the pmbr.
Starting to sound like a religion.....

You are being hit onto platforms, without going into tumble. Best example I can think of is again Falco at low %'s. Fox and Falco don't go into tumble/can't tech or get out of shine -> Dair, which is why you can do it multiple times before the Dair will tumble them. It probably looks janky because of some brawl related crap, but basically if you see yourself go onto a platform and "hover" there in lag, it means you got hit but not hard enough/by an attack that sends you into tumble.
Yeah, it's kinda like how when Marth/Roy fthrow Fox, Falco, and some others, they don't get knocked down but rather 'flinch' in front of him so that he can pseudo-CG them.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
If they could code something like that they could just remove all long chain grabs by giving any offending throw different properties after x regrabs. Might add new options too if the new properties lead to things the original throw doesn't.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I would agree with that if you replaced the words "PAL" with "NTSC" ;3

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

okay, but is that something that can be fixed/tweaked? because it seems... i dk wrong.

Yeah, it's kinda like how when Marth/Roy fthrow Fox, Falco, and some others, they don't get knocked down but rather 'flinch' in front of him so that he can pseudo-CG them.
they can DI away and sidestep pretty instantly in my experience, not really the same thing lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's probably related to some brawl issue. However I don't think it actually makes you vulnerable longer than you would be in Melee. If it does, then sorry it's lame lol

metroid1117

Smash Master
okay, but is that something that can be fixed/tweaked? because it seems... i dk wrong.:phone:
DMG hit it right on the money. I think it just looks weird to you because of how fast Bowser was sent downward; if knockback stacking was in Demo 2.1, Bowser would fall slower and it would look more reasonable.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
okay, but is that something that can be fixed/tweaked? because it seems... i dk wrong.
I think the same property was present in Melee, it just looks different in P:M because of vBrawl aesthetics, so it might be easier for people to notice. Idk, I may be wrong, though.

they can DI away and sidestep pretty instantly in my experience, not really the same thing lol
Ah, here's a better example. I believe in Melee, when hit by a meteor, such as Mario's fair or Samus's dair, at 0, you kinda flip-flop in place instead of being knocked down into a tech-able state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom