• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Super lolz! :rotfl:

Glad to hear that Project M should be able to work on the Wii U. Sad that they removed the Gamecube ports, and that the WiiU's Pro controller won't be an option.
Well, the GC ports were even removed from the latest Wii models, so one can't really say that Nintendo "removed" them from the Wii U when they weren't even on the latest Wiis to begin with...

meant to say rbr... phone killed it... would have quoted, but phone lacks multiquote function...
Oh, I see what you're saying, but I'll have you know, I'm not the one who invented this term, nor am I the one who started spreading its use around. In fact, I was initially a little resistant to its inclusion in my Terms thread. I think Kink invented it and started getting other people to say it. It's kind of too late to just "stop" it now. I usually use the term wavebounce anyway, but I can't remove it from that terms index because too many people are already using it. We'll just have to deal with it, I guess. :ohwell:

Stingers and I both placed 2nd with Charizard in tournaments this past weekend and Kirk placed first with Bowser (beating Rat's Sonic in GF) in the two IL tournaments before this one.
Woops! My bad. I was thinking more along the lines of 1st, but yeah, you're right.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I want to argue against that flow chart

But deep down inside I know that's what I do 45% of the time

MaxThunder

PM Support
Oh, I see what you're saying, but I'll have you know, I'm not the one who invented this term, nor am I the one who started spreading its use around. In fact, I was initially a little resistant to its inclusion in my Terms thread. I think Kink invented it and started getting other people to say it. It's kind of too late to just "stop" it now. I usually use the term wavebounce anyway, but I can't remove it from that terms index because too many people are already using it. We'll just have to deal with it, I guess. :ohwell
uh wut?..

You said you can only rbr neutral b... So I told you you can do it with side... Couldn't quote cause phone has no multiquote... Said nothing about the terms themselves, but I tend to write rbr cause it's shorter...

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can do it with G%W Side B it looks janky

Some I dunno if you can. If Wario could do that with side B... Dear god

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Not all specials can be B-reversed or turned around. Zard's down B, for example, can do neither in either the air or ground, in Demo 2.1.

Moves do not need their own momentum to be reversed or turned around.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
but WB = RBR..... They specifically refer to the instance where you reverse your momentum while facing the same direction. A normal B-reversal would reverse momentum while turning you around. RBR does indeed tell you what it is, but WB shouldn't be mistakable with B-reversal, becase WB = RBR.

Edit: Well, the terminology is arbitrary. People will call it what they want to call it. For neutrality's sake, I'll probably end up writing it both ways at least once per post mentioned anyway.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
*raeg* :mad: This is why I hate team battles. There is not a single thing in all of existence that is even close to as frustrating as having all control taken away from you. I mean really, what possible way was there to escape that ******** BS? If there is any point in gameplay during which you can put the controller down and the outcome will be the same, then there's something wrong.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Could you please fill me in on how you use a wavebounce with Marth to rising bair to the ledge during your recovery? :confused:
:
Marth offstage facing towards stage, b-reverse for momentum, wavebounce for distance + momentum, rising bair for crazy distance and hitbox, then up-b if needed. Really doing a b-reversed dancing blade is usually enough, in and of itself, if you have time enough to be fancy however, why not lol.

@Leafbarret, that's why people don't care for Sheik's NTSC d-throw.
:phone:

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I was GOING to say something, but then my laptop bluescreened because my GCN to USB converter is a giant pile of ****s.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't follow Smash too much anymore but I occasionally check in for Project M updates. I love Demo V 2, even if I hate the new Wario. Either way, I just was curious on what seems to be holding up Samus? She was my Melee main and the character I'm most excited for. Either way, this mod has been incredible and I'm glad to see it really took off.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
*raeg* :mad: This is why I hate team battles. There is not a single thing in all of existence that is even close to as frustrating as having all control taken away from you. I mean really, what possible way was there to escape that ******** BS? If there is any point in gameplay during which you can put the controller down and the outcome will be the same, then there's something wrong.
That's why I HATE chip damage..... :glare:

Tbh, 2v1 situations aren't necessarily hopeless. If you're extremely good, you can make it work and even get the opponent team to hinder itself. Looking at what happened before Dwop got grabbed, I'm gonna have to say that he wasn't being mobile enough. You can't let yourself be caught in a 2v1, because then it IS over. I personally would have been running around more, abusing the heck out of DT and how it works on plats, and then when I got the chance, hit one of them with a big Luke combo. Not saying that I would have done any better (I probably wouldn't have), but it's something that could have helped.

Hey, don't worry man. It happens to everyone, including the best of us. If you want to see Eli get whomped on in 2v1, then here you go:
http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines/b/330649098?t=3h52m30s :awesome:
However, if you want to see an example of him doing it right:
http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines/b/330649098?t=3h49m
He survived a pretty long time by himself. Notice how he makes sure not to get caught between us, and he capitalizes on every chance to hit one of us hard.

Marth offstage facing towards stage, b-reverse for momentum, wavebounce for distance + momentum, rising bair for crazy distance and hitbox, then up-b if needed. Really doing a b-reversed dancing blade is usually enough, in and of itself, if you have time enough to be fancy however, why not lol.
I'm really sorry, but I'm still fairly confused. :confused: If you're facing towards the stage (and moving towards it, I presume), wouldn't a B-reversal or WB move you away from the stage? :ohwell:

bubbaking

Smash Hero

Edit: Serious talk though, he said "Marth offstage facing towards stage," so I'm assuming he's moving towards the stage, 'cause it wouldn't make sense to move yourself away from the stage just to B-reverse. If you B-reverse or WB in this situation, though, you'll end up moving yourself away from the stage that you're trying to recover to. I'm probably missing something major, but I don't see what from that post.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
uhhh

marth is offstage facing towards the stage right

he b reverses dancing blade to reverse his momentum, he is facing away the stage offstage now i suppose

marth wavebounces dancing blade, he gains height from it and is still offstage

dj bairs to get more height and upb

at least that's what i was able to get from it

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Both a B-reversal and a wavebounce reverse your momentum, so what was the net gain? Also, DB doesn't gain height by itself. I can understand the DJ bair part, which is cool, but it's everything before it that's getting me. Perhaps I should try this out myself...........................................,but I don't have a Wii right now. :(

cannedbread

Smash Lord
!

wavebounce/rbr dancing blade gives marth a bit of height and sends him like backwards

you should try experimenting with it

either setting c stick to specials or just flicking around with the control stick + specials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom