• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey, Ryoko, and whoever the guys designing Sheik and Lucario are, are there any animation changes for those characters? Will I need to replace my current FitMotionEtc files for them?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
And JCeasar said ROB being next to DK didn't mean anything......:embarrass:

But seriously, I'm hype!

Bannanas causing bounce sounds like a good mechanic.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
So does the pmbr actually have some sort of a schedule for updates, like do they have it planned out? Or are they just releasing updates whenever they feel like it?

:phone:
We don't have a set schedule, but there is a bit more to it than "whenever we feel like it."

When deciding on release dates we're trying to hit a balance between letting a build sit long enough to gain worthwhile feedback as we work on new characters and features and not letting a build sit so long that it gets too out of touch with the PMBR build-in-progress. We do have certain internal milestones that we set for each release, and sometimes we hit those milestones earlier, sometimes later. Once we hit those targets we have to freeze development and focus on polish, bug fixes, and PR. Due to the natures of bug-squashing and volunteer work it's impossible to predict exactly how much time this takes so we just try to announce releases when we're midway through the polish phase and feel more confident about a release date.

Heh, so there's a lot more to it than "Ehhh guys do we feel like putting out a release this week?" Hope this helps.

McNinja

Smash Ace
We don't have a set schedule, but there is a bit more to it than "whenever we feel like it."

When deciding on release dates we're trying to hit a balance between letting a build sit long enough to gain worthwhile feedback as we work on new characters and features and not letting a build sit so long that it gets too out of touch with the PMBR build-Tin-progress. We do have certain internal milestones that we set for each release, and sometimes we hit those milestones earlier, sometimes later. Once we hit those targets we have to freeze development and focus on polish, bug fixes, and PR. Due to the natures of bug-squashing and volunteer work it's impossible to predict exactly how much time this takes so we just try to announce releases when we're midway through the polish phase and feel more confident about a release date.

Heh, so there's a lot more to it than "Ehhh guys do we feel like putting out a release this week?" Hope this helps.
Yeah that's exactly what I was looking for. I mostly wanted to know if you had any sort of general outline like you said. Thanks!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Of all the random... Diddy Kong? Really? I mean, I'm not complaining, but that was out of nowhere.
What do you mean "random"? With Samus's being confirmed to not be in 2.5, there were very few characters left, and I think it's pretty clear Ice Climbers and Olimar aren't joining anytime soon.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Can you guys make Diddy Kong sound like "Diddy Kong" instead of an actual monkey? That'd be really cool! :)

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Does diddy still have 2 bananas?

since they didn't mention otherwise, I hope so.

I wonder what would happen if two diddys monkey flipped into each other? I bet the stage would explode into bananas and rainbows. It would be manly, admit it:cool:

Can you guys make Diddy Kong sound like "Diddy Kong" instead of an actual monkey? That'd be really cool! :)

I like monkey :(

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Well it kinda makes sense, the characters that are left are the hardest to do anything with, and have at least one major problem with their design. Well except metaknight, I don't think they have to do anything drastic to him, just some fine tuning.

abcool

Smash Ace
I just wanna say i hope 2.5 actually comes out on the 28th. Eachtime the PMBR releases a new version it gets delayed an ends up coming out the day after or 2 days after. I am not asking for a midnight release, but i think it would be good if you guys actually release the game on the day when you state you will release it. I am hosting a tournament on the 29th, but i am afraid the PM part of it might be 2.1 because of the history of the PMBR and delaying releases.

leelue

Smash Lord
I just wanna say i hope 2.5 actually comes out on the 28th. Eachtime the PMBR releases a new version it gets delayed an ends up coming out the day after or 2 days after. I am not asking for a midnight release, but i think it would be good if you guys actually release the game on the day when you state you will release it. I am hosting a tournament on the 29th, but i am afraid the PM part of it might be 2.1 because of the history of the PMBR and delaying releases.
All of the sonic mains will hate you if you host a 2.5 tournament that soon anyway

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It was a clear toss up between Diddy and Yoshi based on where those characters were before 2.0, so no it was definately not random.
Diddy Kong is the one character I haven't heard a word about before now. I dunno, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I didn't expect more characters to get announced. Nice!

To be honest, I kinda forgot Diddy existed until now...

McNinja

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong is the one character I haven't heard a word about before now. I dunno, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.
I agree. There's been a ton of hype and discussion about meta knight and yoshi. Mostly yoshi. Then BAM!

Diddy Kong. Which is awesome don't get me wrong, any new character is a blessing from the pmbr wizards/gods. But diddy probably hasn't been mentioned much if at all in the last 50 pages lol

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I didn't expect more characters to get announced. Nice!

To be honest, I kinda forgot Diddy existed until now...
My love of Diddy comes purely from Rare and the amazing games they made with him in a starring role.

Otherwise, I'd probably not like the guy much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom