• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNinja

Smash Ace
So in the spirit of keeping this interesting, I'll release info on two subtle game codes we made. If you guys continue the hype train to 200+ viewers, we might reveal a few additional interesting changes.

CSS Character Preservation:
One of the things that always bugged me when I played smash was that whenever a player accidentally exited versus mode, or someone needs to edit their controller settings, each individuals' selected characters are lost. We have created a code for versus mode only where the game now remembers your previously selected characters!

Nametag Limitations:
A lot of individuals loved to use limited gametags in melee, including P1, CPU, etc. In brawl, using these nametags was disallowed. We have now removed that limitation.
Its small things like this that really make the game. The fact that you guys take the time to do these cool little touches is amazing.

I love you guys.

...too much?

:phone:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain the nametags thing? I want to turn it into them removing the stupid cellphone texting, but I know that's not it.

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain the nametags thing? I want to turn it into them removing the stupid cellphone texting, but I know that's not it.
I think it means that you can use tags like "P1" or "CPU" whereas previously Brawl prevented you from doing that because they were already used for default character tags.

Revven

FrankerZ
Brawl just didn't allow you to have P1, P2, P3, P4, and CPU as your tag for some reason. In P:M Demo 2.5, you can now have your tag as one of the ones I just mentioned.

Stevo

Smash Champion
So in the spirit of keeping this interesting, I'll release info on two subtle game codes we made. If you guys continue the hype train to 200+ viewers, we might reveal a few additional interesting changes.

CSS Character Preservation:
One of the things that always bugged me when I played smash was that whenever a player accidentally exited versus mode, or someone needs to edit their controller settings, each individuals' selected characters are lost. We have created a code for versus mode only where the game now remembers your previously selected characters!

Nametag Limitations:
A lot of individuals loved to use limited gametags in melee, including P1, CPU, etc. In brawl, using these nametags was disallowed. We have now removed that limitation.

AWESOME

that first thing always bugged me a lot too

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
is there any major changes to ddd that ddd mains should know about? is there any the pmbr is willing to reveal? or is it something i can figure out on my own?

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
But Jiggs is a top tier character. Sheik, Fox and Falco all see a lot of use at top level. Jiggs does not.

Kirby's simplicity has nothing to do with his lack of use, it's because he sucks. Jiggs, however, doesn't suck. She's a top tier character. Yet she sees little use, because she's not that easy to use.
Or perhaps she's just less appealing.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well I'm starting to get 504 errors. Hope smashmods can keep from crashing and the download actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom