• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-K

Smash Ace
I've tested a bit, the game definitely runs smoother, very awesome.
Diddy seems really good and fast and Ivysaur also has potential but probably needs a bit more time to master. Marth is more like in Melee, which I like and Fox is also similar to Melee Fox although I believe some of the timings are a bit different like dair --> L cancel --> shine. (Maybe because his model is bigger?)

Falcon feels a lot like Melee Falcon.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
The input lag fix was huge. I can finally play Falcon (my melee main) without it feeling completely weird. There's still some slight timings that don't feel quite the same (ledge hop aerials sometimes cancel themselves when using a timing that in melee would be fine I think). But overall, awesome awesome work.

All of the touches are beautiful and the game feels sooooo much more responsive and fluid.

My yoshi's story music still goes GRGRRRSSHHHZZZHHHZZZZ though lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For once, I'm glad I'm using Riivolution on my poor slow USB stick, because I've avoided all of these problems so far.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
It freezes right before the start of the match. It does the countdown (3 2 1) then freezes after 1 and emits a loud buzzing noise.
That sounds like what happens when the card is removed during use / isn't read properly and doesn't load the character pacs. You're using an SD card not bigger than 2GB, right?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Right Click on the SD Card -> Format

Should be right above Eject.
Thanks

That sounds like what happens when the card is removed during use / isn't read properly and doesn't load the character pacs. You're using an SD card not bigger than 2GB, right?
It's a 2GB SD card

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Hey. Can anyone here tell me the recommended tournament stage list? Thanks.
At the moment, there is no universally recommended stagelist. However, if you look at some Project M tournament threads on Smashmods.com you can take ideas from current tournament rulesets.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If you guys have Reddit, please upvote this page!

Hey. Can anyone here tell me the recommended tournament stage list? Thanks.
Like Jolte0n said, the PMBR does not endorse a specific stagelist and leaves that up to the community.
That being said, this thread has a plethora of stage lists that could work. My personal tournament stagelist is listed in the OP in spoiler tags. :p

V-K

Smash Ace
Magus meticulously matched all model sizes a long time ago. Perhaps it is still the not-so-perfect-Melee-camera throwing you off?
Hm I dunno, I messed up L canceling a few times and figured Fox touches the ground earlier when dairing. But Ill test it again later.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hm I dunno, I messed up L canceling a few times and figured Fox touches the ground earlier when dairing. But Ill test it again later.
Keep in mind, the same SCD bugs still apply to this release (read the FAQ/known issues if you forgot what this is or means). We have not fixed those yet. Fox's jumps in particular are still wonky landing-wise I think.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Just took 2.5 to the lab for a couple hours, the game plays so much more smoothly than 2.1. That frame delay really did make a big difference in the feel of the game, not to mention the momentum stacking and all the other goodies you guys have fine tuned. Really it just feels so much better overall, great job guys! (Though now I need to start practicing ledge teching again lol...) Also Squirtle is very, very fun to play.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the main thing i noticed just testing out 2.5 for a few minutes was that the startup is notably longer. that was just odd and threw my mind off somewhat. i knew it was happening and to expect it, though. just weird seeing it in action like that.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think something went wrong, now Riivolution won't even work. I can't load PM or Brawl with hacks, only brawl without hacks through Riivolution.

Anybody know what I have to do to fix this?
Should have mentioned that... you'd need to back up your files. Sorry about that...

Just go redownload all the stuff you need to get it working again. :x

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Should have mentioned that... you'd need to back up your files. Sorry about that...

Just go redownload all the stuff you need to get it working again. :x
oh don't worry, i figured that part out myself. I made sure to make a copy of my files and then I put them back on the SD card afterwards. The problem is that when I load Riivolution the screen that would normally have the options to turn on various hacks (i.e. textures, music, PM and other such mods) is completely blank, and when I load the game from there it only loads regular, unhacked Brawl.

EDIT: I fixed that problem and got PM to load, but it still freezes. Any ideas left?

iLink

Smash Champion
Waaaaahhh
People are working mad hard to develop a game for me to play for free that they totally don't even have to do at all, but I'm not gonna just appreciate it and enjoy it though. I'm gonna whine about things like Diddy's,jump not going as high as I want, Lucario's shield being weak, and a couple of songs that were replaced that I can effortlessly get back if I chose to.
Waaaaaahhh
If there's one pet peeve of mine, its people misinterpreting a simple question or criticism as whining or arguing.

Where did anyone say they wanted Diddy's jump to be higher or that Lucario's shield shouldn't be weak? I literally began the statement saying I liked what I was playing and then asked about the jump height.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
2.5 is pretty filthy.

Just a reminder we will be streaming Salty Saturdaze later today, a 2.5 tournament, at www.twitch.tv/dazee_

Will be back later to let you all know right before it starts!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
hey development team there is a problem with lucas's grab in that he cannot grab a standing marth at any range of his grab. even at point blank the snake just goes through marth. i'm not sure if this happens to any other character but it's something to look into for the next patch.

if this isn't the place to report glitches and bugs than i apologize.

V-K

Smash Ace
By the way for those who use a Brawl iso, the configurable USB loader apparently doesn't work with PM anymore but it seems to work with the GX loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom