• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Do you guys have an overview of Lucario in mind? You see, he's...um...different now. I would like to know how to use him.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Do you guys have an overview of Lucario in mind? You see, he's...um...different now. I would like to know how to use him.
Well... downsmash is amazing now. I try to cancel into it whenever the opportunity arises. Things like jab-jab-ftilt-downsmash can be amazing. Otherwise I haven't been playing him too differently than before, just spacing in certain situations is different.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Except his dthrow IASA is later now, so not exactly... :ohwell:
I was talking about his grab, not his throws. In 2.1 his grab was negatively disjointed because of a hurt boxes right in front of his face that went past his grab box, and now it doesn't. I can't check for sure cause brawl box just crashed when I tried.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, with Lucario I haven't really had to do a whole lot different. Just have to space DA better, and now dsmash is the ****.

To be fair tho, I havent' been playing much Lucario so far. He was the second char I tried out (after squirtle) to make sure he wasn't jank. When I realized he was totally fine, I started picking all the new chars to try them out. Then I remembered that Wario got reworked, and I've been playing him since. He's fuggin awesome now, and I didn't like his playstyle in Brawl much at all. Definitely gonna work on getting good with him.

EDIT: I can't say t i t s?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Well... downsmash is amazing now. I try to cancel into it whenever the opportunity arises. Things like jab-jab-ftilt-downsmash can be amazing. Otherwise I haven't been playing him too differently than before, just spacing in certain situations is different.
this so much this. dsmash is so great now, whereas it was just almost unusable in 2.1. it's probably his best ground finisher, next to ex-fp. i like how his smashes each have a solid niche now, with fsmash being a solid spacing tool/finisher, but slower; dsmash being a faster finisher; and usmash being the solid combo extender/vertical kill move.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Am I the only one who thinks squirtles watergun is garbage

:phone:
I think it's kinda garbage, but I have to admit i don't love Squirtle overall as much as I want to. I love all the cool stuff he can do, but i just can't get into a groove with him. I suck at shellshifting, I SD with withdraw at least once every match, and I've only got like, one decent combo down with him. I really thought Squirtle was gonna be what I was excited for in this demo, but Wario, and to a lesser extent Ivy, ended up being what I was happiest about. I think I'm gonna go play some Ivy now, actually.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
what are the changes for wolf? after knockback stacking/frame delay ive realised that he is my main, even moreso than 2.1 build

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Squirtle's Water Gun is amazing, IMO. It stuffs approaches, it can gimp, and it's a great mobility buff (B-reverse and WB/RBR), especially since the charge can be cancelled so he doesn't have to commit to shooting it.

Edit: Man, 9Kplus1, if you read this, it looks like I was right. Just like Samus, the two new PT pokes seem to be 'acquired tastes'. I just love 'em, but everyone else doesn't seem to be so hot for them.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Why does Synthesis have a hitbox? :laugh:

Edit: Man, 9Kplus1, if you read this, it looks like I was right. Just like Samus, the two new PT pokes seem to be 'acquired tastes'. I just love 'em, but everyone else doesn't seem to be so hot for them.
I guess that what happens when you have a fighting game with so many diverse styles to choose from. At least it can be almost guaranteed that a character's playstyle will be up someone's alley.

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
I'm enjoying Ivysaur myself
Neutral Air is my favorite to approach with
As for changes to Wolf a noticeable one is his Up B
A much needed (slight) buff
He can actually fall left or right slightly after going straight up with it

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Really? Because there have been times where Ivysaur has run right into me while starting up the move, and my character flinches from it.

Edit: Just tested it, and yeah it does, right on startup. Deals four percent damage.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
^Same has happened to me as well on numerous occasions.

Nothing gamebreaking, though.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ivy is extremely good. I still haven't gotten the hang of how to set up Solar Beam for those early kills, but in general I love the way she plays. Uthrow to downB is really easy, even if it's not guaranteed, and edgeguarding with downB, ala pika's thunder, is pretty sweet too.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Where do you live?
I live in Indianapolis, IN. But I go to school in Purdue. Purdue Crew is mostly all about melee but they also like P:M, so Im gunna try to convince them to keep playing it. No one in my area around Indy plays brawl much anymore.

I've read lots of people saying that they had friends no longer interested in Smash who were then back into it after playing P:M.

Just saying, maybe you should try to get them to play it with you if you sell it right. :)
Yeah I believe in that, I'll keep tryin to find people to play with besides in purdue.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
So I don't know if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but I'd suggest that you guys mess with ganon's warlock and falcon's falcon punch....you might be surprised.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
o.o

Young Link's up-taunt actually pushes an opponent away if they're close enough.

Lmao.

This is freaking amazing. There are all sorts of little gems scattered around in this demo.

Smooth Criminal

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i love so much about 2.5, and so many things have been improved or given to wario. however...that run animation. why change it? the run had such character. i can understand the slow walk, and while i don't completely like it i do like the concept.

but, why change the run when it was so iconic, so quirky?

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
Name of Metal Mario's stage

I'm loving :squirtlebrawl:'s moveset, especially its Withdraw-->Waterfall combo, which I have yet to perform without SD'ing.

Something that came to my attention was that the Metal Mario stage from SSB64 was named "Metal Cavern" on the SSS. The "official" name is "Meta Crystal", as evidenced by the translation of メタ・クリスタル from the Japanese website for SSB64 and the name of the track in the Super Smash Bros. OST.

This is a minor issue, but as "Meta Crystal" sounds much cooler than "Metal Cavern" IMO, would it be too much to ask for it to be changed in the next release of Project M?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
A lot of people know the stage as Metal Cavern though. I'm not sure, but I think a very similar area in SM64 was called Metal Cavern. It's really not a big deal, though.

Someone make a how to video for Squirtle. I keep going into a shell and then dying...I can't get that to function.
You can cancel the shell with B, so use that to keep from SDIng. You will ALWAYS be able to DJ after the cancel from a sideB that at least touched the ground because it can only jump once from the ground. It can't DJ.

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
So I don't know if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but I'd suggest that you guys mess with ganon's warlock and falcon's falcon punch....you might be surprised.
I actually imagined myself as C. Falcon and chased someone (a lv9 com Sheik) with Ganon off the cliff and actually landed his warlock punch
It was frigging epic :D

CORY

wut
BRoomer
This is a minor issue, but as "Meta Crystal" sounds much cooler than "Metal Cavern" IMO, would it be too much to ask for it to be changed in the next release of Project M?
no way, man. i have too much metal music on that stage for them to go and change its name now.

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people know the stage as Metal Cavern though. I'm not sure, but I think a very similar area in SM64 was called Metal Cavern. It's really not a big deal, though.
Yeah, it isn't a big deal. I actually edited my own SSS so it reads "Meta Crystal". That said, Project M has paid homage to the original series canon e.g. changing Ike's Eruption to release blue flames because of FE: Radiant Dawn. I just feel that this change would be more in line with the project's aims.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, it's a top-16 invitational using 2.1 tournaments and stuff.

That being said, there is apparently going to be a booth for it and if there is a free-play room like there was last year, I would imagine that tons of people would be ready to play at the drop of a hat.

I know I will, be. Get your MMs in at APEX, people.

Krystedez, come to RAIN. I'm hosting a PM tournament then. Otherwise, I think if Chicago is even remotely feasible for you, you should definitely go and play with those guys.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Why was the code to allow custom stages removed for 2.5? It was not in 2.0 then got added in 2.1 and back to not being in for 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom