• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashimus

Smash Master
If you're going to get any version of RE4, I highly recommend the GameCube version, which I consider the definitive version, since the PS2 version looks ****ty by comparison and the Wii motion controls get annoying fast, especially because you waggle during QTE.

Ratchet and Clank series for the PS2 is great too.

:phone:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hey, so you guys are missing JCaesar's stream where he will donate money to SSBM at EVO even if you just sit there and idle in his chat. Take a minute to open it in another tab/window and then you can come right back here and keep talking about bad old games.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
If you're going to get any version of RE4, I highly recommend the GameCube version, which I consider the definitive version, since the PS2 version looks ****ty by comparison and the Wii motion controls get annoying fast, especially because you waggle during QTE.
What's "QTE"? :confused:

Also, the Wii version has all the PS2 features, something that the GCN version is lacking. :ohwell:

kink finally unignored brothaking?
(O_O) Where/when did you find out about that? :crazy:

Edit: I'm not talking about Kink.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Pushing Premiere to load a 2gig movie on 2 gigs of RAM is proving to be gruesome, I also have less than 2gigs of disk space left: and that made the audio for the movie permanently cut out after it gave me a weird message.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That's the way to do it, you don't want to get infracted by Reflex for talking about P:M

I have to export the whole movie as a .mp3 now and sync it up since it won't load the audio even though it would before: I don't know if i should put my voice over the American Indian guy

I just deleted 8 gigs of video data all up in premiere's folders, who knows if the project files will still work right now but I guess you might not see any edits to my past videos now lol.

Also ran this
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I wish there was an actual french version of this so I could add subtitles instead of doing the voice myself

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm nicer than that. I just don't want people being especially mean to each other, and I'm trying to get other threads reasonable traffic.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but you should really check out Xenoblade. Even if you're not feeling single player games anymore you at least owe it to yourself to rent it and play it a few hours to make sure you wouldn't like it. It's an absolutely incredible experience and I'd recommend it to anyone.

JOE!

Smash Hero
For those who were interested in D20 systems, specifically the Marvel Game I have been creating: I finished converting stuff into the forum. Take a look!

JOE!

Smash Hero
When as in when in the Marvel timeline?

That is entirely up to the players where they start off. They could be current era, or even back in the 60's. Personally, I've run a "testing" campaign that takes place directly after the events of the Avengers movie and now people have been coping with said aftermath. (Also, kinda snuck in that the dimensional rift somehow unlocked the genetic potential in some humans causing a new mutant outbreak, etc)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Whenever you put on yo curley mustache :troll:

Also, to answer your question from much earlier on:

The "Ace" archetype, with the "Acrobat" playstyle will emulate Spidey rather well. Especially when you have Super Reflexes, Gadgets, and some points in Super Strength/Unarmed combat.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Reposted from my twitter because I'm too lazy to rewrite it, but not too lazy to have an even longer explanation about why I'm too lazy to rewrite it:

Raised $282 for breast cancer research on our #projectmelee livestream. Thanks to everyone who donated, esp. Bluefoxxt ($52) and Sung ($40)!

Additionally, Count Kaiser and I are donating $40 each since the stream hit over 200 viewers.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I like that it's not "this is the Spiderman/Ironman/Hulk class". You just build your own superhero instead of being forced to emulate already existing heroes, but it's still possible for you do so if you wish.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well yeah, the whole thing is built around choice.

With the AT system alone there are about 18k different builds, add in powers and it's impossible to have 2 of the same character unless you make them that way on purpose.

But anywho, this is all that info's temporary home until User Blogs is back up lol.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but you should really check out Xenoblade. Even if you're not feeling single player games anymore you at least owe it to yourself to rent it and play it a few hours to make sure you wouldn't like it. It's an absolutely incredible experience and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Yeah... I was playing that game for the 4th time as you were posting this haha. Which is the most I've ever played a single player game except for like FFVI and Pokemon Gold. My only real complaint is New Game + considering you keep your level, so I use some Gecko codes to fix that. It's definitely my personal favorite game ever though.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I bought Xenoblade almost a year ago. Played for like an hour, haven't touched it since. Usually for me to like RPGs, it either has to have addicting gameplay (Pokemon), characters and story that are engaging enough to keep me interested (Final Fantasy), or both (Chrono Trigger). I feel so sh*tty now, but I'll get around to playing it.

.....eventually. (continues to play 2.5)

EDIT: STANDARDTOASTEROVEN I ALREADY GAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS I COULD, WHY MUST YOU FILL ME WITH GUILT DHDINFRIDJFNCJCNFJFK

:phone:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

Rat

Smash Lord
Most RPGs take a bit for them to get started. Gotta get past the hand holding and unlock all them mechanics.

Also Xenoblade is a great game.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Fuzzyness is live with Jolteon and Project M. They'll be streaming until 5:30 PM EST! They're doing give aways. You'll be entered into the raffle for every $10 or more donated. You have to email a screen shot of your receipt to the following email address to be entered into the raffle: smashatevo@hotmail.com

Donate Here: https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

Watch the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Did I miss the raffle? Sent an email n stuff but never saw the raffle results.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Most RPGs take a bit for them to get started. Gotta get past the hand holding and unlock all them mechanics.

Also Xenoblade is a great game.
Eternal Sonata handles the beginning well by making the game both only require simple mechanics and only allowing simple mechanics to be used. As you go through the game, more options start becoming available to you (Chain attacks to power up supers, then counter attacks, then chaining supers and supers with special effects, etc.), while at the same time you're ability to rely on simpler techniques and strategies is made more difficult by harder enemies and less time to preform maneuvers in a turn. At the beginning of the game, it's an extremely simplified turn-based RPG with a super straight forward "attack, block, heal" formula, but by the end you have to actively pay constant attention to get counter attack opportunities, build up and save supers, chain timings together while your control configuration is being moved around, and manage an inventory of vitally important items that, if not utilized, can and will make even normal encounters deadly.

And then you have new game plus with the ability to CHOOSE which battle system you want to use at any given time and every enemy is 1.5x stronger in every aspect.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Oh ****, this is actually going to be really close...

Edit: DONATE NOW YOU ****S! They're gaining fast!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Skullgirls surprisingly seems to have a lot of women fans.. maybe I'm playing the wrong game ;)

I wonder if anyone donated too much and is broke now =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom