• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah, the chat box never loaded for one of them, and now I just can't find either of them (though I can find brief recordings of them).

wait, no nevermind.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Gameclucks was amazing. Shoutouts to Gimpy for being awesome and hosting me, and everybody who participated at GC for the awesome matches.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I had a great time watching everything I saw from tonight, loving the new gen favourites and all the shoutouts to yakal and meta, and gimpy for being my inspiration in all things koopa <3

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Just wanted to pop in and say this game is absolutely incredible. I had a very early build a ("Melee 2.0" build) and was testing back when it was still really fresh. I've only played the latest version a few times, and I'm astounded at how far it's come. It invigorates me in the same way Melee used to way back when I was first learning my way around the game.

I'm not certain if this is the place for this, but I heard I have to submit an application if I want to join the amazing team that's constructing P:M. In the event that turns out to be hearsay, I'm wondering how I can be of help? I really want to dive in headfirst and help out / learn more about this awesome project.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
RaynEX, if you are interested in applying for the PMBR, applications go here.

It's great to see that you are enjoying the game.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Thanks Jolteon.

Reflex vs. Wizzrobe (GFs) makes Sonic look pretty silly. If you block his homing ball you actually can't aerial OOS and punish. It makes sense I guess, because a free punish would destroy the move's viability. So it's safe, along with his other spins, and it lets him dance around you like a lunatic until he lands something. I heard they were having problems balancing Sonic (he was either really good / really bad), but it seems like he's nuts in this build. Dude can do whatever he wants for free lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't see why people say "if it can be punished on shield, the move's viability would be destroyed." Unlike most moves, the range of it allows it to be quite unpredictable, and it's still fantastic for edgeguarding, regardless.

otter

Smash Ace
whats up doods. I'm going to get into P:M after not playing any smash title for over a year and never playing competetive melee. Please tell me what sort of ATs or techs I should be learning as a first priority to improve faster. links would be appreciated! :003:
Thanks to the people that helped me out with this yesterday. I played project m for the first time last night and my friends and I all fell in love. I mained Pit in brawl, but ive pretty much decided to play ivysaur in p:m. She's a character on the large sided of the spectrum who is a projectile master and status effect champ. reminds me of my love Dormmamu in UMvC3. a real "control" type.

I dont know how to wavedash or how thats even important, or how to grab the ledge quickly since you cant do it the easy brawl way. I play on a classic controller with jump on on the "L" button and it seems you cant short hop on the shoulders even though you can in brawl...:scared: not sure if theyre gonn fix it maybe ill have to switch to default controls. keep the help coming please!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Thanks to the people that helped me out with this yesterday. I played project m for the first time last night and my friends and I all fell in love. I mained Pit in brawl, but ive pretty much decided to play ivysaur in p:m. She's a character on the large sided of the spectrum who is a projectile master and status effect champ. reminds me of my love Dormmamu in UMvC3. a real "control" type.

I dont know how to wavedash or how thats even important, or how to grab the ledge quickly since you cant do it the easy brawl way. I play on a classic controller with jump on on the "L" button and it seems you cant short hop on the shoulders even though you can in brawl...:scared: not sure if theyre gonn fix it maybe ill have to switch to default controls. keep the help coming please!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

You get to the ledge quickly by doing a wavedash backward after turning around from a run.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, even when it comes to RTS games like AoE II and SW:GB, I just love the TD aspects of the game, the walls, towers, castles/fortresses, and the other defensive structures. :bee:
Amen, in the LOTR RTS I become obsessed with making death-walks of defense-lined towers that narrows to a central gate deep in a concave easily defended and well within rage of EVERY defensive structure on my 3-layer thick walls, but that game had entire missions dedicated to nothing but defense and I was still running units deep into enemy territory while doing this sooo yeah... >_> However my favorite RTS is still Rome Total war, that game is just so good. TBS is advanced wars lol. But yea Tower defenses are awesome, WCIII had so many good ones, Soldier TD, Winterfest, Tower Wars, Gem TD, MTD, god the list goes on forever.

:phone:

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
Since is forbiden to discuss about l-canceling can I get a link to the old forums to see the discusion by myself? I tried to get there from the project m web but it links here :/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The discussion is buried in the thousands of pages of this thread.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
L-Canceling creates artificial skill barriers and there is no reason not to L-Cancel.

Kappa.

Don't talk about L-canceling. I was just responding to DF's post in a joking manner. I'm posting this spoiler so people know and dont try to continue this tired discussion.

Also, back into hiding I go.

D

Deleted member

Thanks Jolteon.

Reflex vs. Wizzrobe (GFs) makes Sonic look pretty silly. If you block his homing ball you actually can't aerial OOS and punish. It makes sense I guess, because a free punish would destroy the move's viability. So it's safe, along with his other spins, and it lets him dance around you like a lunatic until he lands something. I heard they were having problems balancing Sonic (he was either really good / really bad), but it seems like he's nuts in this build. Dude can do whatever he wants for free lol
word i'm glad another fox player gets it. i posted almost the exact same thing a few weeks ago.

for you people designing sonic, his speed and mobility in a game based on free movement are immensely polarizing. you could make him suck everywhere but as long as he can choose when to attack he's still going to be some amount of good. if you're going to make his moves either absurdly good or unnatural to deal with, cut down on the factor that makes him so polarized (I'm telling you to make him slower or easier to pin in a traditional sense).

as is, sonic and his opponents aren't even playing the same game. any of the sonic videos from apex can readily and visually verify this.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
2.1 Lucario was a lot like Melee Jigglypuff, i.e. everyone claims that they're top tier and super broken but nobody uses them.

iLink

Smash Champion
I used him pretty often, just could never get any videos recorded until just very recently.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tried to run P:M on wifi with v2.5? I heard it used to run very poorly, so I was curious as to if it works any better now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Had a fun little round robin tournament at a smashfest here yesterday, thought I would post the results just cause.

1st/2nd*: Hylian :link::ivysaur::lucas::fox::mario::bowser: 14-5
(3-2 vs Geno, 2-3 vs Tmacc, 3-0 vs Sam, 3-0 vs Darkatma, 3-0 vs Paul)

1st/2nd*: Tmacc :bowser: 13-9
(3-2 vs Hylian, 3-2 vs Geno, 3-0 vs Sam, 1-3 vs Darkatma, 3-2 vs Paul)

3rd: Geno :dk::peach::fox::charizard: 13-6
(2-3 vs Hylian, 2-3 vs Tmacc, 3-0 vs Sam, 3-0 vs Darkatma, 3-0 vs Paul)

4th: Paul :falco: 8-9
(0-3 vs Hylian, 2-3 vs Tmacc, 0-3 vs Geno, 3-1 vs Sam, 3-0 vs Darkatma)

5th: Darkatma :zerosuitsamus::peach::wario: 6-10
(0-3 vs Hylian, 3-1 vs Tmacc, 0-3 vs Geno, 3-0 vs Sam, 0-3 vs Paul)

6th: Sam :sonic: 1-15
(0-3 vs Hylian, 0-3 vs Tmacc, 0-3 vs Geno, 0-3 vs Darkatma, 1-3 vs Paul)

* Hylian wins if tiebreaker goes : Sets -> Wins/Losses -> Head to Head
* Tmacc wins if tiebreaker goes: Sets -> Head to Head -> Wins/Losses

Was fun. Having round robins/tournaments at smashfests is a good way to get people to play seriously if you are practicing for a tournament and we might start doing this at all my smashfests.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I thought most Round Robins went by Sets then total wins/losses.

Also **** Hylian that's a lot of character variance

Azen 2 Electric Boogaloo
Most do Kink-Link. And yeah we play a ton of characters :).

Stevo

Smash Champion
I feel like Project M may eventually have a planking problem.
being on the ledge is slightly more safe in Project M, so eventually we may see some people trying to abuse it.

I still really feel that there needs to be diminishing returns on ledge grab invincibility, just as a fail-safe. I mean, it can't harm anything. I posted about this before in a little more detail, but sometimes things can get lost here.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
My friend thought that as well, then he met Wolf's d-smash. If it becomes that bad, a ledge grab limit could be put in the rule sets rather easily I imagine.

And with it being Melee, there are ways around most ledge stalling, and in general there are better ways of fighting, for both competitors, than ledge stalling. Unlike Brawl, the ledge isnt the safest place.

Stevo

Smash Champion
My friend thought that as well, then he met Wolf's d-smash. If it becomes that bad, a ledge grab limit could be put in the rule sets rather easily I imagine.

And with it being Melee, there are ways around most ledge stalling, and in general there are better ways of fighting, for both competitors, than ledge stalling. Unlike Brawl, the ledge isnt the safest place.
ledge grab limit rule is awful.

I agree that there are ways around most ledge stalling. But you never know.

Also, PMBR, please make your % glow or something when you are at 69%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom