• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Exactly that
I made it my *****
and now it's been broken in and humiliated
but it's a glutton for punishment and can't make itself leave
so I'm more than happy to oblige

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i thought it was because of the abundance of Sonic OC's/Shadow textures, and****ty hacks like that NSFW texture someone made of HDT's pokemon stadium 1 texture

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I find the navigation on that site occasionally to be really subpar...

I didn't even know it had a forum LOL

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
They may not have been set up yet. I'm assuming these are things they have to do post-conversion because they have to be done in the new software, rather than editing a bunch of stuff in the old software (which would probably appear nonsensical at the time) so that it would transfer over and work properly in XenForo. I have no doubt that that is either extremely difficult and time-consuming or impossible.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They have said not all prior features of Smashboards were transferred over/implemented yet. Some of them are confirmed to be coming back or improved on, the Social Group stuff I have no idea though.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman

fackin sanic

edz- KCMM, terrible site guts-wise, nothing works consistently, and a haven for the furries and rejects of the smash community, not to damn the few decent guys there who are better men than i am for suffering through that place. half of their content should be thrown into rubbish bins and cleaned out for the tonnes of dead links and no quality control; and there is no reason that if i am looking for a texture that i should have to scroll through 4 pages of dragonball z model imports to get to one. especially when there is a 50% chance every page doesnt load. truly shameful that they are the consolidated library of brawl mods, for the vitriol they've inspired.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
You've been hit by..

You've been struck by..

A TREE!

ps lmfao at that sonic pic

JOE!

Smash Hero
Meh, wanted to make a blog entry for the game I'm making but it doesn't have a "thread" anymore. Wonder if it'd be better to post it in one of the forums (which one?) or try to get looks from a blog still...

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Eli, thanks for having me and my friend over last night, gonna try to make it down to NY once every 2 months or so if I can manage, but I'll let you know more in advance next time when I can make it

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
KCMM does allow me to live out my dream of having every single character in the game be an imported model of Goku...

But really... Why does every character have like fourteen different Goku models?
Brawl Vault is good in theory, but without any of the quality control that you had back in the days of the small texture teams and their individual sites it just ends up being a mess.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
KCMM does allow me to live out my dream of having every single character in the game be an imported model of Goku...

But really... Why does every character have like fourteen different Goku models?
Brawl Vault is good in theory, but without any of the quality control that you had back in the days of the small texture teams and their individual sites it just ends up being a mess.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Even from the standpoint of an obvious exaggeration, I have seen maybe 2 or 3 Gokus. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Though I won't deny that there's a fair bit of crap in BrawlVault.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Eli, thanks for having me and my friend over last night, gonna try to make it down to NY once every 2 months or so if I can manage, but I'll let you know more in advance next time when I can make it
No problem. Cool having you over; NY is lacking in P:M players so it was nice to actually be able to play different people.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Same. I regularly check through BrawlVault to see if there's anything good, and on occasion, there is.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to make the Project M forum like the Melee one? When I click on Project M I like to have all the topics such as general discussion, but also the list of all the characters below that.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yeah, Gcreex was the biggest problem for me. Try using this: http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/gcit.html
It's a more user friendly version of Gcreex that doesn't involve using the command prompt.
I downloaded that but when I ran it and went to select the ssbm.rar I downloaded, it wouldn't register it being in the folder, despite knowing for a fact it was there and checking to be sure. Am I doing something wrong?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
No problem. Cool having you over; NY is lacking in P:M players so it was nice to actually be able to play different people.
Yea man I'll be back, I'm gonna use a CRT tv to practice on now cause I researched it and I guess even though the lag is very reduced on my tv, it's still there, good thing I have a large crappy tube tv with messed up colors in my basement lol, hopefully I'll put up more of a fight next time, dat Luigi is ridiculous

I'd be happy just to play ANY people. I'm starting to wonder if anyone on the east coast north of NYC plays.
I live in RI, is that close to you at all? It'd be nice to have more people to play against than the 1 kid around me that does lol

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Is there a way to make the Project M forum like the Melee one? When I click on Project M I like to have all the topics such as general discussion, but also the list of all the characters below that.
It'd be nice to have this, to be honest. At least a dedicated video forum where we can list tournament videos in a visible place like with the Melee boards.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Bristol, honestly traveling isn't a problem for me, I just went to NY yesterday and I'm going to east greenwhich now to hang out with some buddies lol so if anyone else near me wants to meet up I think I can manage
Dude, I go to school in East Greenwhich, NEIT lol. We should play sometime

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It'd be nice to have this, to be honest. At least a dedicated video forum where we can list tournament videos in a visible place like with the Melee boards.
I'm not opposed to this, I'll talk to bionic about it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I have no idea what you're talking about. Even from the standpoint of an obvious exaggeration, I have seen maybe 2 or 3 Gokus. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Though I won't deny that there's a fair bit of crap in BrawlVault.
saying "fair bit of crap" is a huge understatement

just so everyone knows, there IS some sort of quality control for brawlvault available
http://****nobrawlvault.tumblr.com/ - to look at bad hacks and laugh at the people that made them
http://****yeahbrawlvault.tumblr.com/ - to look at good hacks and appreciate the people who made them

**** = f word

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Alright, so I'm new to homebrew, so these may be dumb questions. Does the homebrew option use a disk? If so, is there also a way to use the homebrew option without a disk? Is it possible to use melee sound effects with homebrew, and how easy is it if so? Does changing things such as character textures work similarly to how these are done for the hackless method?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gecko uses a disc. If you want a set up that doesn't require a disc, you will need a USB loader that also enables cheats/codes (as far as I can remember). As for Melee sound effects, you probably could do whatever so long as you were using a SD card that was 2GB or smaller and you could fit everything on there. For USB loading, you won't be limited in size but you'll have to make sure the game/s + codes will fit on whatever space you have.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
Homebrew option as it is still requires a disc. You can USB-load to avoid using a disc which also reduces loadtimes.
For melee sfx you need to use either Riivolution or mod a .iso and burn/usb-load that. Modding the .iso is pretty simple: Open it in WiiScrubber and swap out the smashbros_sound.brsar in the sound subfolder for one that has Melee SFX(I believe you can find one on BV).
Texture/music/stage/hud work exactly the same as hackless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom