• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's a pry good choice of character.

And nice use of the tools exclusive to the character. Most Charizards tend to just play off getting reads which is what you can do with any character. You're one of the few to play Charizard as his own character rather than just using the followups he gets to have.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im really sorry kink, u kno i luv u and all

but i have no idea what youre talking about (´・ω・`)

i just picked charizard cuz GNW got boring and charizard combos looked awesome as ****

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Most Charizards just play off getting reads and punishing from what I've seen. A few work on that mobility stuff but seem much more to focus on the stuff after it.

Which is fine and means Charizard has good fundamentals, but it doesn't show what the character can do that others can't.

When (if) I ever get to learn to drive we'll definitely have to rap some lizard strats together.

Yung Mei

i honestly dont know man, ill prolly drop charizard in a month or two, being unable to decide who i want to main and all

since 2.5 has come out, ive mained Tink, GNW, and now charizard

no ones lasted more than a month lmao

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Some of the best Charizard I've seen, good stuff dude. Definitely looks like a good character choice for you.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
He can also do some pretty weird mixups with glide, dashturn SH nair, and empty hops.

For example, Glide can be RBR'd both when it starts up and when ending it. It's just unfortunate that backwards fly out of dash isn't possible.
RBR = Reverse B-reversed?? :confused:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Aye. Known in the Brawl community also as Wavebouncing. Though some also refer to any B-reversing at all as wavebouncing too, so RBR leaves no vagueness.

So in theory and possible with practice, Charizard can run, SH, RBR glide, then RBR glide's B-cancel all quickly in a row to weave rapidly in and out of an area.

In comparison, Pit can only BR a grounded Side B and can't BR his glide ending as far as I recall. Of course, Pit's glide is a much more offensive tool than Charizard's, but the utility is not the same at all.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Aye. Known in the Brawl community also as Wavebouncing. Though some also refer to any B-reversing at all as wavebouncing too, so RBR leaves no vagueness.

So in theory and possible with practice, Charizard can run, SH, RBR glide, then RBR glide's B-cancel all quickly in a row to weave rapidly in and out of an area.

In comparison, Pit can only BR a grounded Side B and can't BR his glide ending as far as I recall.
Are you saying he glides in the opposite direction he's facing during the glide, or he glides forward and reverses it? For example, if you jump forward with Lucario, do a side-b in the opposite direction and reverse it, he'll move backward but face forward. Because I've always thought that's what reverse b-reverse technically means...

This stuff is confusing to talk about.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You can press Down and Back to initiate the glide starting in one direction, then tap forward quickly to RBR it once. Then, when ending it, you can press back and B to cancel the ending facing backward, tap forward again quickly to RBR it the second time and end up moving away while facing forward.

Overall you can face the following directions all in rapid succession maximum:

Forward when running
Backward when dashturn SHing
Forward initially when starting glide
Backward when Glide is RBR'd
Forward initially when ending glide
Backward when Glide's ending is RBR'd.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
You can press Down and Back to initiate the glide starting in one direction, then tap forward quickly to RBR it once. Then, when ending it, you can press back and B to cancel the ending facing backward, tap forward again quickly to RBR it the second time and end up moving away while facing forward.
Ok, I gotcha now. I'll have to try that myself later. B-reversal is dope.

Yung Mei

what the ****

why am i getting praise

what is this im feeling

it makes my ochinchin feel weird ;w;

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
I´m trying to get P:M working on my hacked PAL Wii but i can´t find a good NTSC Brawl ISO file.

If you know of a good one please tell me.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Ok, after playing plenty of hours of pm, ive noticed that crouch canceling is too op in this Game. I felt that cc was too good in melee but in Pm its ridiculous. I know certain characters have moves that cant be crouch canceled but almost every time you approach with alot of characters it is too easy to crouch cancel to any move. Ill be streaming later on if you have no idea what im talking about and you need me to show you in an actual match. http://www.twitch.tv/pbnj23

Please nerf crouch cancel and I would Love PM way more

Badge

Smash Apprentice
So

I can confirm that Wario can run off the ledge, start weaving back into the stage so he lands on it without having to jump, use uair, start weaving back out, and ledge-cancel the move. If this can be TAS'd I think it has the potential to beat out Peach's FC nairs and Fox's ledge canceled nairs for most aerials per second.
Blub, doing it with nair is faster - and funnier.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Probably, I'm personally healing from getting wisdom teeth out, but people in general are interested in people playing when they arent able to play themselves.

What I'm wondering is if people would be interested in me streaming lab work with requests every once in awhile. Basically me and a friend practicing tech/combos/DI on eachother and dummies, and taking requests for things people think of but are unable to test (like if Ness is safe against shield grabs against Ivy, in almost any situation.)

Basically, if the request seems feasiable (and I can do it) I'd try it in a mythbuster sorta thing. We both need some lab work, but idk if I should bother streaming lol. the requests would just be something fun to bring people to watch.

thoughts?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, apparently the second-ranked Melee player in Georgia goes to my college, and I had the honor of playing against him in P:M. I was Peach, he was Marth. Needless to say, I got crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom