• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword is pretty recent, and Impa´s role in there is better than Sheik could ever hope for.

Kati

Smash Lord
Twilight was recent when brawl came out, and that didn't stop Sheik; likewise, Dark Samus was/is more relevent than Z.S.S. Are you expecting Zelda to transform into Impa or have them as separate characters? either way, this seems like a whimsical prediction/something to hope for.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Skyward Sword is pretty recent, and Impa´s role in there is better than Sheik could ever hope for.
So you're telling me that more people have played Skyward Sword than people have played Brawl, Melee, and Ocarina of Time (3D)? And you're arguing that Impa would be perfect right now when Sheik is one of the most popular characters in both Zelda fandom and the Smash series, not to mention she already has a full moveset? Unless you give me a convincing argument, your argument seems null and void.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can give arguements, and once is that the Zelda / Sheik gimmick is heavily imbalanced, both in Brawl and Melee.

If Zelda didn´t have to be the opposite of Sheik, she could have a better written moveset. As it´s implied by the creators that you play as both characters on stage, and strategy involves : rank up damage with Sheik, finish off with Zelda. Well, we knew how that ended up in Melee, and in Brawl Sheik is still better and Zelda absolute trash, which proofs her playstyle just doesn´t work.

Sure, more people have played Melee, Brawl and Ocarina of Time than Skyward Sword, but looking at the Zelda series as it is now, Sheik is very unlikely to return. And if she did, she´d be a major spoiler to everyone who already played OoT, cause we´d all know she´s Sheik from the start. Plus, Sheik in OoT was trained by Impa, as Zelda is a princess and no Sheikah, and Impa is royal guardian of Zelda AND a Sheikah. So most likely Impa would have to appear to to make Sheik work in the first place.

Also, Sheik might not have been in Twilight Princess, but she had concept art so it´s likely she was at least planned to appear in the game. But got scrapped. Sakurai stated he decided on the final roster in 2005, which is before TP was released. So it might´ve been that Sheik was still planned for TP, and there´d be no problem. Sakurai even had to mentoin her not appearing in Twilight Princess on the Smash Dojo.

There´s also the fact that because Sheik was trained by Impa, Impa would logically know all of Sheik´s moves so she could easily take all Sheik´s moves, make that barrier in the Skyward Sword cutscene her Down B, and that´d already be a simple sollution. Or they could just heavily revamp Sheik´s moveset and change a few specials and create Impa out of that.

There´s also the thing that Impa works MUCH BETTER as a standalone character than Sheik would (unless it´s P:M of coarse) because Impa is not Zelda. And because there are not many potential newcomers for Zelda who aren´t one offs besides the hated Tingle, a separation of Zelda and Sheik, and Sheik being replaced by Impa would still count as a Zelda newcomer without changing the cast too much (besides obviously revamping Ganondorf, and heck even Toon Link). Plus, Impa has been around in Zelda since the NES days. Even though her appearance was only in the manual... Given that Zelda NES had no story ingame and manuals where kind of a big deal regarding the game´s stories, it still counts I´d say.

Overall, I´d say it´s a better decision to go with Impa than Sheik. Am not 100% expecting this, but it´s not like it should be totally ruled out as a possibility.

Besides, Impa is pretty damn badass.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't even know where you are going, but it ain't right if it ain't Sheik

Is she wearing a towel head cape? Who is this woman I'm scared

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Close your eyes Toaster, you may be too young *apparently*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who knows, bad perspective/knee. Don't look at the ****in leg.

DOESN'T MATTER SHE SLAPS. She > Whatever Diddy Kong was saying. That girl looks ghoulish skinny, don't want that.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Turns out a TB hard drive is too large to format to FAT32

So I partitioned a part of it and started all over again with the new partition.

And now I'm looking for my art supplies so I can make Magic proxies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
wtf, having Impa instead of Sheik doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. Zelda is Zelda, and isn't going anywhere. One of Zelda's moves is that she turns into Sheik. Know why she turns into Sheik. Cuz Sheik is Zelda. Impa is not ****ing Zelda. Impa is a totally different person. Why the **** would Zelda transform into a totally different person?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Better than being frustrated because the game isn't fun.

(sup Skyward Sword, and both DS Zelda games)

Vashimus

Smash Master
Shadic's right. Phantom Hourglass just felt unsatisfying to play. Not to mention the final boss was a pushover. Wind Waker deserved a better sequel, preferably not on the DS.

While Skyward Sword was pretty fun, it just didn't give me that epic and cinematic feeling that Twilight Princess did. People might say TP was bland and didn't bring anything new, but really, most of the "new" things SS brought to the franchise were just minor inconsequential additions dressed up fancy to make them look like terrific innovations. Also, Midna is MUCH more likable than Fi. And hotter than Zelda.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Midna is too motherly. You look at her and go "OK 30+ milf we got it"

Not the kid form obv though, that's loli gone bad mode

Burnsy

Smash Lord
My morale to play good has been shot since I lost that replay combo from a purposeful disconnnect
You are such a baby, I just didn't wanna have to wait though the results screen. I didn't know you wanted that replay. I don't recall you doing anything you won't be able to replicate easily anways.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You are such a baby, I just didn't wanna have to wait though the results screen. I didn't know you wanted that replay. I don't recall you doing anything you won't be able to replicate easily anways.
You're mean dude, that post was dated way before we played and I was just getting at why people would do it in the first place as a courtesy.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Oh, I didn't see that... yea you're right, I guess that was a little mean, sorry. But the thing about not disconnecting as a courtesy, how was I or the other person you were playing to know you were going to save it, unless you expressly told them "I'm recording clips"?

You should tell someone you are recording clips for a combo video when you play them anyways, what if they were goofing around or sandbagging? If that's the case you might as well be comboing a CPU.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not a good reason to stop playing or lose morale. I wouldn't be that upset over a Wifi string, because I could probably do better offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom