• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh I see you Kink, wanted to play with Burnsy and then I pop in and it's all complication this hard drive that iso this loli that

SpiderMad

Smash Master
5am posts = I can say what I want with no repercussions cus I'm sleep deprived ;).. right O_O? These topics about milf Zelda characters suck, so anyways:

I usually don't post actual wifi matches, and the few I do I usually pick ones I predominantly lose and showed stuff they probably liked [the opposite is people pulling this kind of crap out of nowhere but I'm fine with lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E77RwOLoRI ] . It's entirely different for Combo videos, I don't mind being shown for several seconds even if it's the worst I could ever play, that's how combos exist in the first place: in fact I love when people include me in their combo videos and my newest one I'm going to include combos other people did on me.

I was referring to 9k+1, who I value as a good friend and feel weird/bogus talking about in third person just like how someone would seem like a friend but make a demeaning video of me going afk a minute in some friendlies, but since you asked: months ago I did a CF combo and he disconnected out of like appreciation or whatever which I was fine with but told him I need the replays, and then now I did finally did a unique movement monkey combo I wanted in the middle of the match and at the end he disconnected at the very last second for possibly the same reason as you since he didn't care for a 2 second result screen or wanted to rattle me up, which I'm usually fine with some messing around but I just didn't feel like losing the one replay I really wanted.

Usually I don't care that much about stuff, but just for the circumstances of it when I cared to play today I just couldn't feel inspired to play my best and made that post about it. I do play offline some and my combo videos have footage of that, but a good and especially unique combo done on a good Wifi connection can't just be easily outdone or re-performed offline.

It just seems and has been courtesy for letting people get replays, but there's still Wifi people out there who pull stuff like playing you 1 or 2 matches they win then leaving and other stuff that just seems uncaring and prideful. I will start probably mentioning to people don't disconnect any matches though, but it's only recently it's starting to be a common thing but people like Gallo and stuff always let it end because he knows the life of a combo video maker.

Matches of me gettin owned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMJL2bT-mlU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEav1JOTPAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIyraTnkq8s

Combo videos I'm in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvYLNGtYK8 I'm the green Ike in the beginning and he awesomely mentions me like first in the credits in the end, the video is 90% Wifi but proof that it can still yield a great result with people not even knowing it's Wifi. He got into the PMBR even though he judges like every MU off Wifi lol but you have to love Zhime, he's a nice guy [Except he got his wish of my character ruined after just playing me and metroid through wifi and hating Ike =(].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxY57eVpDCE I'm glad he gave a whole credit clip to me, but after all he did meet me in person unlike most the other people in his video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmG2E9K0hCI Awesome video, I feel kind of sorry I didn't DI those up-tilts almost embarrassingly for the video's sake but sorry lol; I can definitely give you some real good ones if we play again sometime.

~Maybe there's more (probably older ones when I use to play more), that'd be cool if someone told me. Hopefully I get my next video "Compilation 4" out eventually since it's been like my longest drought of not having a combo video, but I want it to be half decent (it's not going to be like this though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfq78B7Edw , I'm probably never putting that much work into a video again lol but I'm glad I did though for at least just one video: which everyone should).

Also there's a few nice Brawl Wifi combo videos out there (at least I'm pretty sure these are mostly Wifi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOd33ai_Cs0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7161d1oq9AU

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I was referring to 9k+1, who I value as a good friend and feel weird/bogus talking about in third person just like how someone would seem like a friend but make a demeaning video of me going afk a minute in some friendlies, but since you asked: months ago I did a CF combo and he disconnected out of like appreciation or whatever which I was fine with but told him I need the replays, and then now I did finally did a unique movement monkey combo I wanted in the middle of the match and at the end he disconnected at the very last second for possibly the same reason as you since he didn't care for a 2 second result screen or wanted to rattle me up, which I'm usually fine with some messing around but I just didn't feel like losing the one replay I really wanted.
o, exposed

10exposeds

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If Zelda didn´t have to be the opposite of Sheik, she could have a better written moveset. As it´s implied by the creators that you play as both characters on stage, and strategy involves : rank up damage with Sheik, finish off with Zelda. Well, we knew how that ended up in Melee, and in Brawl Sheik is still better and Zelda absolute trash, which proofs her playstyle just doesn´t work.
And yet she was still included in both Melee and Brawl. Project M shows that simple buffs to a character can make them much, much better; I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda had a new gimmick in Smash 4 that made her good. Besides, never did the developers say "oh, this is how we designed Zelda and Sheik" so straightforwardly. I highly doubt they would disclude a popular character over that reason, especially after Brawl and Melee.
And I hope you're not saying that taking away Sheik would make Zelda a better character, because that makes even less sense.

Diddy Kong said:
Sure, more people have played Melee, Brawl and Ocarina of Time than Skyward Sword, but looking at the Zelda series as it is now, Sheik is very unlikely to return. And if she did, she´d be a major spoiler to everyone who already played OoT, cause we´d all know she´s Sheik from the start. Plus, Sheik in OoT was trained by Impa, as Zelda is a princess and no Sheikah, and Impa is royal guardian of Zelda AND a Sheikah. So most likely Impa would have to appear to to make Sheik work in the first place.
Once again, she still appeared in both Melee and Brawl, which I shouldn't have to mention came after OoT. I hardly think the developers give a damn about spoilers for that reason. And your correlation doesn't make sense at all. Your saying that since the character is a Sheikah and body guard of Zelda she's automatically viable to replace Sheik? Once again, I don't think the developers give a damn about how canon Smash is to the Zelda series. Its meant to appease the fans, not a storyline.

Diddy Kong said:
Also, Sheik might not have been in Twilight Princess, but she had concept art so it´s likely she was at least planned to appear in the game. But got scrapped. Sakurai stated he decided on the final roster in 2005, which is before TP was released. So it might´ve been that Sheik was still planned for TP, and there´d be no problem. Sakurai even had to mentoin her not appearing in Twilight Princess on the Smash Dojo.
And Groose was in Skyward Sword. Guess we have to include him now. Seriously, what the heck? Just because developers don't include a character in a game doesn't mean they hate her. There could be hundreds of different reasons and your reason could just as false as it is true. You also have characters like Ice Climbers and G&W in Smash. I hardly think the release dates of certain games would affect a character's disclusion in a game. Inclusion maybe, but not disclusion.

Diddy Kong said:
There´s also the fact that because Sheik was trained by Impa, Impa would logically know all of Sheik´s moves so she could easily take all Sheik´s moves, make that barrier in the Skyward Sword cutscene her Down B, and that´d already be a simple sollution. Or they could just heavily revamp Sheik´s moveset and change a few specials and create Impa out of that.
It doesn't matter if Impa trained Sheik; there are still tons of people who haven't played Skyward Sword. It would just seem awkward to those people who have been playing Sheik for years in both Melee and/or Brawl for those people. I would guarantee that Smash would receive a HEAVY complaint if Sheik was replaced with Impa, and it wouldn't be too different than the DmC fiasco.

Diddy Kong said:
There´s also the thing that Impa works MUCH BETTER as a standalone character than Sheik would (unless it´s P:M of coarse) because Impa is not Zelda. And because there are not many potential newcomers for Zelda who aren´t one offs besides the hated Tingle, a separation of Zelda and Sheik, and Sheik being replaced by Impa would still count as a Zelda newcomer without changing the cast too much (besides obviously revamping Ganondorf, and heck even Toon Link). Plus, Impa has been around in Zelda since the NES days. Even though her appearance was only in the manual... Given that Zelda NES had no story ingame and manuals where kind of a big deal regarding the game´s stories, it still counts I´d say.
Smash has never cared about how canon they are to other stories, especially when dealing appearances of a character. Even though Zelda sucks, everyone still likes her because they feel that she still belongs in Smash. Your also acting as if they have to include a new Zelda character, which is another point which makes no sense at all. And I doubt that anybody who played Zelda NES and GBC games knew who Impa was. She was mentioned like twice and never again.

Diddy Kong said:
Overall, I´d say it´s a better decision to go with Impa than Sheik. Am not 100% expecting this, but it´s not like it should be totally ruled out as a possibility.
Actually, it kinda is. The chances of Impa getting in are practically nil if for your reasons alone.

Diddy Kong said:
Besides, Impa is pretty damn badass.
Impa is more bad-ass than Sheik? You silly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyone explain how Dios Mios works? As in I know you get to play Gamecube games off a hard drive, but I was reading somewhere that it impacts your ability to play those games normally off the Disc Channel. Is there an easy way to revert that, or is that a non issue these days?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Anyone explain how Dios Mios works? As in I know you get to play Gamecube games off a hard drive, but I was reading somewhere that it impacts your ability to play those games normally off the Disc Channel. Is there an easy way to revert that, or is that a non issue these days?
I have it, and it makes it so I cannot play normal Gamecube games from the disc channel unless I have a hard drive plugged into the USB port. Wii discs are unaffected. It's not a huge deal since I can just keep my thumb drive plugged in most of the time, but it is a minor annoyance. I believe that this may not be a universal problem, because when DM first came out, I was discussing it on another site I go to, and I asked if there was a solution to this problem, and most people didn't know what I was talking about.

If there is a fix for it (or if an updated version has fixed it without my knowledge), then I too would like to know about it.

On another note, does the PMBR have anything planned for E3?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I read that some newer models still let you play GC games with Dios Mios installed, but I'm not sure.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
So on to the problems I'm having with DIOS MIOS

I have Cfg already
I put in the r37mod.dol or whatever in place of the boot.dol and named it appropriately
I have the first partition of my hard drive set as active, a primary partition, formatted to FAT32 at 32GB of storage and 32KB allocation size
I downloaded the latest version of DIOS MIOS
Installed DIOS MIOS through Wad manager
Started up cfg, set the "Dios Mios Lite" version to "(2.2+)," since there was no "(DM)" option selectable
Had Melee in the disc slot
Booted disc
Went straight to a black screen with soundless freeze.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Through cfg

I mean it is a bit hard to copy and play discs without having discs in the system.

GAF's Homebrew Tutorial said:
Launching GCN discs

As DIOS MIOS stops you from launching discs, here's some methods to allow you to launch games that don't work. Not that some of these methods may not work with games from all regions and some methods may not work at all as we are still testing.
Using USB Loader:

# Start Configurable USB Loader
# Push - to access the menu, this will take you to the Main Menu where you can choose to boot the disc in the drive.

But if you want to be unhelpful, that is your choice.

I also tried copying the Melee disc through cfg, and though it succeeded, launching the title has the same result.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It wasn't my choice; I was legitimately confused by your post since we were just having a discussion about launching games from the disc channel, and then you were asking about launching a disc from a USB loader (instead of, as I thought would make more sense, launching an ISO from there).

I'm not familiar with the method that you just quoted, so I guess I can't help you on that (again, not my choice). Does the disc channel not work for you even when your USB is plugged in?

And if you get a black screen for any Gamecube games regardless of whether you're using USB loading or the disc channel, you're probably missing some kind of custom mIOS.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
As far as I know, having DIOS MIOS installed prevents the disc channel from launching gamecube games entirely.
Read what I said; the disc channel still works (for me) if I have something plugged into the USB port. This may be an isolated fix or problem that only affects certain Wiis, but I'm speaking from personal experience that it's not 100% guaranteed that it stops Gamecube games from launching.

Haseo1101

Smash Cadet
2%

Project M is 2% done

#FreeGeno
You have got to be joking....I was in the 9th or 10th grade when this began and now I've graduated. The new SSB will be a last gen game by the time you guys are finished.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I have little clue but I thought I remember hearing the new DIOS MIO or whatever was now able to NOT halt the Wii from reading GC discs

I don't care to install it anymore anyways though since SD Remix doesn't have replays which I can get angry over losing lol

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
okay I'll just play Melee on my gamecube then **** this.
Try using USB Loader GX. Sometimes I use that to boot my games.

I have little clue but I thought I remember hearing the new DIOS MIO or whatever was now able to NOT halt the Wii from reading GC discs
That's what I heard too, but I don't remember where I heard it.

Vashimus

Smash Master
On another note, does the PMBR have anything planned for E3?
No, but they're releasing new info about 3.0 on the next PMBR Direct.

Speaking of which, that's what Nintendo's doing for the new Smash. Smash 4 news before E3, finally the Wii U will get some much-needed punch. Also, hundreds of speculation threads will be destroyed all at once, in merely 15 minutes.

Oh, and the new Xbox got revealed today.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I have the latest DIOS MIOS installed and attempting to launch game cube games at all results in a frozen black screen. Whether it's from the disc or hard drive, through gecko os, cfg, or disc channel.
I learned how to install Dios Mios (lite) using the "how to install SD Remix" guide. It was a lot simpler imo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kink, if you are getting a black screen that's usually from not having the correct IOS changes in place. What cIOS do you have installed? Some of them are a bit outdated these days so maybe you need an updated version or maybe you have them installed in the wrong slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom