• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Fsmash can sometimes be safe on shield

The kicks can be too iirc, but not safe as in "hit shield and free pressure up close", safe as in you can touch it and retreat/not move and not get OOS *****.

She's wall-y, you don't have to approach someone if your tilt, smash, kick, or B will hopefully stuff their approach. If you absolutely "have to", from being really behind, then yeah it's kinda painful trying to approach people. Unless you feel whimsical and like to try and cross up with her Nair or Aerial B, you probably shouldn't play Zelda if you want to approach and be safe doing it lol. Pick a Spacie or Sonic if that's what you want.

(Zelda sucks at approaching. Give up on finding safe approaches, and focus on being perfect at walling, because that *is* the character)
I guess I had forgotten that, which is stupid because I won that tournament with her, I've been trying to approach with her lately when I shouldn't be, I pull it off with her up-B sometimes, but yea it guess I forgot what made her good lol thanks for the refresh

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Anyone know if it is any easier to manipulate the AI for the CPU in PM/Brawl than it is in Melee?

I know a commonly requested AR code for melee is to make CPUS always tech (preferably randomly) and I know it's a quite an involved process that no one is trying to do lol. So I wondered if it'd be easier to do in PM.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I wish
Anyone know if it is any easier to manipulate the AI for the CPU in PM/Brawl than it is in Melee?

I know a commonly requested AR code for melee is to make CPUS always tech (preferably randomly) and I know it's a quite an involved process that no one is trying to do lol. So I wondered if it'd be easier to do in PM.
I wish you could set up the computer like that.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

Well seeing as the PM CPUs were heavily edited to fit their playstyle, I'd imagine that its probably easier.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ That is excellent.

btw, I'll be streaming in a bit, and this is a pretty special Legionary Wednesday. There's something like 15 people coming tonight, including Nintendude, Vist, Omni, DoH, 9K, and more!

Aaaand, we're live: http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had caught your Hotline Miami stream, how are you enjoying it so far and what are some of your favourite things about it? (barring the obviously awesome soundtrack)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Youtube switched all our Youtube channels to the new version, all my precious channel comments be gone

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
About the youtube thing you guys did realize that Nintendo is partnered with youtube now and they have claims to any games being streamed or recorded as thier own. They have some sort of internet mumbojumbo legal thing going on that basically if you upload nintendo owned products they have the right to do whatever they want with it or something. Its a pretty big deal so idk what the deal is with it initally and idk if it affects PM but theres a good chance it might. Heres a video or you can look up on google key words Nintendo and Youtube.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
About the youtube thing you guys did realize that Nintendo is partnered with youtube now and they have claims to any games being streamed or recorded as thier own. They have some sort of internet mumbojumbo legal thing going on that basically if you upload nintendo owned products they have the right to do whatever they want with it or something. Its a pretty big deal so idk what the deal is with it initally and idk if it affects PM but theres a good chance it might. Heres a video or you can look up on google key words Nintendo and Youtube.
afaik, its no big deal unless youre a lets player. At that point, if you complain like a ***** about it, then everyone knows that you make videos of you playing games to make money, which is stupid as **** to begin with

saying **** like "ITS FREE ADVERTISING"doesn't work either - you're literally making money off of someone elses content. If you actually cared about advertising, you'd talk in depth about the game, not scream like an asshole and complain that the game wasnt tested and tell people DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND LIKE

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I think it's important that it says "skill" and not "success".
In that case Wolf and Fox should be switched. Wolf is way easier to play.

...well, I guess it might be tough for Melee spacie players to get out of nairplane autopilot mode, but other than that.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
afaik, its no big deal unless youre a lets player. At that point, if you complain like a ***** about it, then everyone knows that you make videos of you playing games to make money, which is stupid as **** to begin with

saying **** like "ITS FREE ADVERTISING"doesn't work either - you're literally making money off of someone elses content. If you actually cared about advertising, you'd talk in depth about the game, not scream like an ******* and complain that the game wasnt tested and tell people DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND LIKE
Agreed. I was trying to get Spidermad to look at it. I thought maybe that was what he was refering to.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They have some sort of internet mumbojumbo legal thing going on that basically if you upload nintendo owned products they have the right to do whatever they want with it or something.
Just like every other copyrighted video game in existence. Any time you upload a video of ANY game, unless you literally created the game yourself, you're using someone else's property.

D

Deleted member

I need some help. I plan on inviting a girl over to my house and I want to impress her with my abilities to play project M. Problem is, she doesn't know anything about smash bros. What character should I use to make her want me?
ZSS. She'll think you're in touch with your feminine side but respect strong women who kick ass and play with guns.

Also, this is risky, but it might be worth it - pause the game, zoom in on her chest. If your guest gets excited, you know you've got a keeper.

Bryonato

Green Hat
I wish I had caught your Hotline Miami stream, how are you enjoying it so far and what are some of your favourite things about it? (barring the obviously awesome soundtrack)

I loved it. I'll definitely be going back to play it some more after TWD is over. I just love how smooth the game plays and how mobile you feel with such limited mobility options

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just like every other copyrighted video game in existence. Any time you upload a video of ANY game, unless you literally created the game yourself, you're using someone else's property.
Yeah, I don't think Nintendo should have done it since they're really don't need to, but all the people who're complaining don't have a right to.

Vashimus

Smash Master
It's only a matter of time before other companies follow suit. I mean who cares about public relations these days anyways? My money's on EA.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Smash (or any fighting game) isn't like Zelda LPs or something though. It's not as though they're getting to experience the content that the game has to offer without paying, unlike LPs. And PM is practically its own game, so I dunno what the legal system would say about that other than "Nintendo's got more money than you, sorry bro."

I don't think this move will end up benefiting Nintendo at all in the long run, anyway. And not every game company has tons of money to toss into the legal department so I wouldn't count on this becoming the norm, especially with the blooming indie games market, y'know...blooming.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
A lot of people watch Let's Plays as an alternative to playing (and purchasing) new games, especially when the emphasis is on the story. I understand a bit of the debate there. I think the hulabaloo about it was that youtube made it out to sound like nintendo's ads would be playing on their pages but they would still get the money, but it seems like Nintendo is just getting the ad revenue.

Seeing that the fact that most smash channels don't have a youtube partnership and that nintendo has not taken down any gameplay footage for copyright reasons, P:M will not be affected by this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom