• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
Worth playing imo. I like it more than the show.
Agreed.
The show started off good with the pilot episode, but the rest was mostly dull, to be short.

I'm trying to find a capture card. Can any of you guys speak up for this one?
I would suggest, Dazzle, it's a pretty well known capture card, otherwise look up some reviews, and check if it supports third party programs like, Virtual dub, i'd say give it a try.
Doesn't seem expensive either.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Agreed.
The show started off good with the pilot episode, but the rest was mostly dull, to be short.

I only ever watched the first season, and lost interest after the finale due to imo how poorly it was done. I've heard it gets a lot better afterwards but I'll have to see for myself.

I'm going to have to agree with OrlyMelee and say get a Dazzle; a DVC 100 to be precise. It is not the best quality but it does capture watchable video and is great if you're just starting to look into streaming/uploading videos. I got my DVC 100 for about $38 and it works perfectly.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Get a dazzle dvc 100 for a basic capture card, it's a fantastic investment for non-HD games. It's cheap, easy to set-up and the quality is pretty good. Ideally grab some S-Video cables for it as well.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
If only the dazzle worked with my CPUs and I didn't need to get something else :/

But it does work well for how much it costs, I agree with above.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
I only ever watched the first season, and lost interest after the finale due to imo how poorly it was done. I've heard it gets a lot better afterwards but I'll have to see for myself.
I'm not sure, if i'll be watching the walking dead series, regardless if it gets better in later seasons, but who knows.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Melee and P:M included, right?
You buy a one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-AV-S-Video-Cable-Packaging-Nintendo/dp/B001B0A3A0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370636327&sr=8-1&keywords=wii s video
Then you won't need splitters (which diminish quality) because you pick if you want to record in S-video while you play with composite or vice versa: since it a sends a full strength video signal to both (S-video is better quality).

If you're planning on using other systems as well buy one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-S-Video-Audio-Cable-GameCube/dp/B000IAPGII/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1370636570&sr=1-4&keywords=wii s video and composite
Might want to search around more than what I linked, I think there's a better reviews one out there

Here's a post more on my set-up for streaming (I'll have to make one now for what I do with Vdub replay recording which yields better quality)
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread.260812/page-2230#post-
And then about my cables http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread.260812/page-2202#post-15378816

For best quality with any cheap device like a Dazzle or what you linked, P:M and Melee should be played on a Wii with that cable I mentioned, and the S-video should be the thing getting recorded. If you want better quality than that you want to use devices that are around $100 that record HD video (Also called Component). The Wii has cheap component cables (which I recommend if you plan on just playing with awesome quality, though I don't think they make a Component+S-video which would rock) but you only gain the quality gain of better cables (and it's 480p now instead of 480i, which is progressive scan making it look a little less flickery or something I forget oh wait yeah people with HDTV's want it because it reduces the lag since HDTVs create lag when they have to convert interlace signals to progressive) but it's not actually true HD like other games would be with Component cables (720p,1080p) since the Wii decided to be a little weak machine not powerful to (they probably saved a lot of money on production costs). With that said though again, it's still a lot better than even S-video for just playing with great quality: it's simply astonishing without even being a better resolution (I use it on my CRT).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Saw wizzrobe zenith videos..... so is anyone else expecting Sonic to get the Ike 2.5 nerf treatment in the next demo?
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if they slowed down his run speed, completely took away Homing Attack or changed a ton about it, changed how well you can move out of spins, or nerfed how well he can recover. You could see any of those being complained about in a fairly legit way (with the right context obviously).

He'll be even crappier than Ike though, because he's not loaded with a bajillion great traits. You take away 2-3 good things about Sonic and he starts looking like **** real quick lol. You take away 3 things about Ike, and he's still powerful sword "dude". That's what I never got about the Ike ordeal, because at least you're left with a fairly competent and capable character in the end. You couldn't take away 3 "good" things about Jiggs and be left with a viable character: you'd have a sluggish, "rest don't kill til 80", Bair neutered Furby.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Sonic is definitely going to get nerfed, though I'm more in favour of a complete redesign. I think his current design is far too polarizing with a few characters, not to mention (as DMG said) if you nerf or buff 3 things about Sonic he changes from Pichu to Meta Knight.

But if the PMBR was convinced to keep him the way he is, he needs not to be able to spinspinspin and win. Also his recovery is far too good (why can he air-dodge out of Up-B and G+W can't?)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
liked the above ESPECIALLY FOR WHY CANT ****ING GNW AIRDODGE OUT OF UP B AND SONIC CAN

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G^W's Upb hitbox is pathetic, and Sonic can attack out of his +/ go for the airdodge. On top of an exemplary horizontal recovery, and stuff like Homing Attack being unbelieveably versatile as a recovering move if the situation is right... yeah go give G^W a measely airdodge out of Upb. It's the least we could do.

Alternatively, make Bacon in the air REALLY zoom G^W horizontally when used. Might open up his approach/zoning game, and could help his recovery. I will draw a picture of G^W in a NASCAR style vehicle, roaring way past 200 MPH and with a frying pan in his hand to further illustrate what I am talking about.

The only downside I can see, is giving G^W an option to cancel his upb on taller platforms with a waveland. That would be the only reason I would hesistate at all.

EDIT: Random 4 am fact of the day, I am the only person to like the first 100 posts of this thread.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The only downside I can see, is giving G^W an option to cancel his upb on taller platforms with a waveland. That would be the only reason I would hesistate at all.
Oh no, that will make him top tier for sure =[

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
God damn right I did. 9kplus1 has to sleep eventually, and when he does I shall encroach on his territory.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
22 guests? Why? Who are these people it's 4:30 in the morning

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
None of what Wizzrobe did is new to us. Sonic is the most discussed character in the PMBR, we don't just do reactive changes based on a tournament, the development of sonic has been a long process with a lot of testing that is still currently going on, all of you included in that testing to help us make the character enjoyable to play and play against, that isn't exactly accomplished through just straight up nerfs. We really strive to design our characters well, but this takes many iterations and a lot of testing. You can be sure we won't stop till we feel everything is in a good place for any specific character not just sonic, I wouldn't dwell too much over the possibility of nerfs or buffs to characters and instead just look forward to constantly improved design, even if those steps are small we'll get there eventually.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
In the meantime, pmbr, trust that even characters that get a bad rap regarding "viability" are plenty loved for their designs by their dedicated players.

Except Zelda, no one wins when that character is involved. Not the Zelda player, not her opponent, not anyone.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if they slowed down his run speed, completely took away Homing Attack or changed a ton about it, changed how well you can move out of spins, or nerfed how well he can recover. You could see any of those being complained about in a fairly legit way (with the right context obviously).

He'll be even crappier than Ike though, because he's not loaded with a bajillion great traits. You take away 2-3 good things about Sonic and he starts looking like **** real quick lol. You take away 3 things about Ike, and he's still powerful sword "dude". That's what I never got about the Ike ordeal, because at least you're left with a fairly competent and capable character in the end. You couldn't take away 3 "good" things about Jiggs and be left with a viable character: you'd have a sluggish, "rest don't kill til 80", Bair neutered Furby.
That's what I mean though, they should just leave him alone, oh good lord, spacies have a bad matchup! Gotta nerf this character, that's a bad mentality, and M2K doesn't have the matchup experience

Look at this apex video, Leffen does a much better job against Wizzrobe, gets him down to 1 life consistently and wins too

Sonic doesn't need to be nerfed, people just need to learn the matchup, if Sonic gets the big nerf stick next demo I give up on this project ever being balanced, let the meta-game develop first before making big changes to characters for christs sake

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's worth noting that not every character has an unclankable projectile that stops the opponent from moving. Also, this tournament was about two weeks after 2.5 came out, where Sonic was a very different character and ZSS was entirely new, meaning that Wizzrobe probably didn't know how to approach the matchup in the first place (though vice-versa is pretty likely, too).

Regardless of how good a character Sonic is or isn't, Down-B -> wavedash is inherently broken because it means Sonic never has to commit to (literally) anything against a vast majority of the cast without anything but ages-long reactions. That **** needs to be fixed.

Also, I'm pretty confident that space animals don't have a bad matchup against Sonic.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So the more recent videos of Sonic, the long occuring string of success the character has had... mean less than the older video which happened after people were getting adjusted to the massive changes 2.5 brought? What? You're upset that people want to nerf Sonic after one tournament (which isn't really true, it's just now being vocallized en masse it seems), and yet to defend him you point to literally one set? I'm thoroughly convinced Sonic is balanced and fair for the majority of the cast, after watching one set. Thank you.

MEANWHILE, in reality, his ass is getting nerfed. I'm not going to wait 3 years with a game of "OP" Ike Lucario Sonic Wario DK Mario Ganon Pikachu xyz whoever the **** they buff next to get to the top, until everyone is just as dumb as a Space Animal. Not only is that a long ****in time to wait, but it would be a stupid game to play and you might as well strip any mention of Melee in the title because it would be a ****in abomination of a game. Like literally, what do you have to say to the lower tier mains, who are patiently waiting for Squirtle to be broken? Hmm? Tough ****, you should have been lucky enough to have played a character that was favored by the developers? Let any character choices stand because you're not allowed to second guess yourself and question whether the game balance has improved or not?

Sanity's Theif, you must be *that* guy with Sonic who throws people offstage and presses the B button, and you get a warm fuzzy feeling your heart when they die. I'm convinced you secretly tinker around with these characters that get nerfed, and you are liking every single hated aspect of them. R.I.P Super Saiyan Lucario.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
Honestly, why all this butthurt, Project m isn't done, and yet people keep complaining about certain characters, mainly because of one tourney result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom