• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is a beta of an alpha omega omelette blah blah

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
instinctive complaints is a difficult habit to get out of
and thank goodness i'm not affected by it, as anyone with a plain understanding of english can tell that my lengthier post earlier contained only one complaint (about turbo mode) preceded by observations and first impressions
but everyone remember that calling something a complaint makes it incorrect, just like calling something an opinion makes it not a fact, calling something a gimmick makes it have no uses etc etc
jesus christ you people and your hotwords, do you even logic

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
i was just commenting on the last few posts before mine relating it to a problem i used to have big time

idek what's going on right now honestly

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I find myself thinking DMG should received a cookie every time I read one of his posts.

One funny ************. Especially because I picture the Rock reading his posts.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Careful now, Hylian might use his hands on ya in a sec

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Falcon's 180 Pawnch? Every time I try to do it he just turns instantly. In addition, if I try ti in midair, his momentum just shifts instantly and he goes flying in the opposite direction instead of actually turning around.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Falcon's 180 Pawnch? Every time I try to do it he just turns instantly. In addition, if I try ti in midair, his momentum just shifts instantly and he goes flying in the opposite direction instead of actually turning around.
It sounds like you're hitting the opposite direction too soon. Try slower.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It sounds like you're hitting the opposite direction too soon. Try slower.
I was going slower. The same thing would happen or nothing would happen at all.

He just won't turn at all for some reason.

the input for the multiturn hasn't changed at all from 2.5
I'm not trying to do multiple turns. Just one. He won't even do one. :<

Falcon is feeling really off in general compared to 2.5. The timing for all his moves feels like it's changed and I can't seem to grasp how to land anything.

SunJester

Smash Ace
All I want to say to the PMBR is that if you nerf any of my mains, I am okay with it. I'd much rather you create a complete and full game with a balanced set of characters then for me to use one character with an exploitable, easy and powerful game-plan to beat all my friends only to cry about it when they gets nerfed.

Thank you for all your hard work on 2.6, and I'll be eagerly awaiting 3.0.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I got curious and tried it with Ganon since I play as him too. Having the same problem. I even decided to go into Training and try doing it at the slower speeds and the same things kept happening. They either turn instantly with no animation or just don't turn at all.

I can't be the only person seeing this. :<

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
i'm doing it with the exact same timing as 2.5. it's ridiculously easy lol. just wait like half a second and then input the turn
You're not listening! It isn't happening at all! I know the timing. It's not like I'm trying Falcon or Ganon for the first day in my life.

I've tried switching back to 2.5b and it works for both of them. I go back to 2.6 and it's not working at all. It's not that I'm missing the timing. It simply isn't working.

A few things aren't working, as a matter of fact. My game actually locked up with I first booted it up and got to the title screen for some reason. I shrugged it off since it didn't happen the second time, but it did happen the third and again when I tried just pressing start to skip it. It's working fine again now, but that's just weird to have happening on and off.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Yeah, Wave, something is definitely wrong with your copy, because turnarounds work 100% fine on my end.

This isn't an isolated problem, though - some guy named Nevergreen made a post about it in the bug report section. Weird.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wave, maybe try re-downloading the zip file.
Again? - -

I already had to download it 4 times since the first 3 kept failing and the 4th time I chose a different mirror. Meh, oh well. It's worth a shot.

Yeah, Wave, something is definitely wrong with your copy, because turnarounds work 100% fine on my end.

This isn't an isolated problem, though - some guy named Nevergreen made a post about it in the bug report section. Weird.
At least I know I'm not more crazy than I need to be, then. Thank you, Kally Patchi. :<

Though here's something else I noticed. This time about Sonic.

His FitSonicEyeHigh texture isn't animating with the rest of his eyes in his new up-taunt. Kinda odd looking. XD

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Again? - -

I already had to download it 4 times since the first 3 kept failing and the 4th time I chose a different mirror. Meh, oh well. It's worth a shot.
Reformat your card first, and make sure the SD lock slide isn't being pushed on. Also make sure your Brawl disc isn't scratched like crazy

My homebrew_Wifi .zip is 234 MB (246,221,684 bytes) and 338 MB (354,524,805 bytes) when unzipped: if yours is way under that its corrupted

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Every time I select Meta Knight the game frezzes. Wth, the main reason I got 2.6 and it doesn't work, everything else works though.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'd much rather you create a complete and full game with a balanced set of characters then for me to use one character with an exploitable, easy and powerful game-plan
but no exploitable, easy, or powerful characters were nerfed, save for powerful on bowser's part. Mediocre characters were nerftweaked. The tweaked part makes it okay.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I cosplayed as the morton salt girl once in 2.1 and Narizarded people to death.

Then they made that **** hit people sideways if it hit through the bottom of a platform or something.
Then he lost the ability to fly glide double jump reverse nair and hit people off the top.

On the plus side it seems Metaknight is a roaring success in design and is extremely well received.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Reformat your card first, and make sure the SD lock slide isn't being pushed on

My homebrew_Wifi .zip is 234 MB (246,221,684 bytes): if yours is way under that its corrupted
I'm well aware, and it's not. Though I'm not using the Wifi codeset so mines a little bigger than yours, actually. XD

And that stuff is basic elementary stuff. I'm not new at this or anything. Thanks anyway, though.

By the way, I just finished trying all of the things everyone said. NONE of it worked! =D

Falcon and Ganon still turn instantly or won't turn at all.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Why do nerfs always get way more attention than buffs, of which there are many?

Only two characters took serious hits to their gameplan, and they definately needed it. (Well, maybe three actually)

Almost any other character you pick up now has new dirt to try out in their favor.
Nerfs get noticed because people come to like strong traits in characters and when those traits are removed, it becomes immediately obvious that part of what made the character enjoyable was removed as well. It's easier to notice what isn't there, especially if the change is done to move speed or a mobility option. For my Charizard example, it's immediately noticeable the implications removing the ability to jump after gliding has on his on stage game, while it isn't nearly so easy to notice fair killing 6% earlier.

As another example, say a move lasts for 5 frames, and is nerfed to only last for 3 frames. People become use to landing the move with the leniency of those two frames, so when trying to land the move on those frames, it doesn't work and stands out. If the reverse was true, people are already use to landing the move with a stricter timing, so it won't be caught until later that it was made meatier. This was the case with Charizard's nair getting additional active frames in the transition to 2.5.

In other words, if you can't notice the buffs at a glance, it makes the things that are noticeable seem that much more impacting.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I'm using Riivo and my textures won't load, but the ones P:M already had were loaded succesfully and they were in their respective folders, no incorrect names. I had a similar problem with replaced songs but I managed to fix that by putting them in the same folders I would've if I were using Homebrew, so I tried it with the textures but it didn't work. :/

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nerfs get noticed because people come to like strong traits in characters and when those traits are removed, it becomes immediately obvious that part of what made the character enjoyable was removed as well. It's easier to notice what isn't there, especially if the change is done to move speed or a mobility option. For my Charizard example, it's immediately noticeable the implications removing the ability to jump after gliding has on his on stage game, while it isn't nearly so easy to notice fair killing 6% earlier.
I understand the psychology behind your point Kink, and I agree with it, but I think it's fairly clear in your specific example they increased his killing power in exchange for a tad less easy additional recovery tool (which you would agree that recoveries for some of the brawl newcomers are still less than ideal in their implementation right now). Not saying it worked yet but that's the reasoning.

So we're at a place where a character (any character really) may in fact kill faster and better in the long run, but because a simple recovery tool is less simplistic people will cry "nerf! nerf! nerf!" without seeing the big picture.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm using Riivo and my textures won't load, but the ones P:M already had were loaded succesfully and they were in their respective folders, no incorrect names. I had a similar problem with replaced songs but I managed to fix that by putting them in the same folders I would've if I were using Homebrew, so I tried it with the textures but it didn't work. :/
We're not concerned with allowing people to use custom textures and such for the Riivo version. Our main concern is getting Project M functioning correctly, it would take a lot of additional lines in the .xml to allow custom textures/songs. If you'd like to use customized content, try booting using the Gecko OS option.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's hardly a recovery nerf as much as it is something that affects his on stage game.
If you glide offstage, it then does automatically become a recovery tool. And I thought you posted that video supporting the idea of how bonkers on some stages Zard is at getting away from the opponent and running down the timer?

I don't get it, it seems if you like the character (Pit, Zard) then don't touch them or their crazy mobility/recovery tools (they overlap quite a bit believe it or not). Doesn't seem like a coherent design philosophy to me.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I like those characters in previous builds because of their mobility options. When those get weakened, what I like about the character basically disappears and makes me not want to use them nearly as much. I stopped Zelda once she lost airdodge out of side B, and dropped Pit when he had to initiate his first glide from the ground and couldn't super shield jump out of glide.

I don't know if I'll be sticking with Zard as he stands right now, since he almost feels like another ganondorf in his current design. Power hit into power hit with an ever weakneing midair game. Besides which, at the end of 2.5b I was starting to learn Squirtle and ZSS, and now I have MK. I'll stick with them until they remove ZSS's double jump out of down B or Squirtle's air mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom