• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If i get something to work, I'll ask DD to release a teaser tonight.
D: I'll put a little compilation vid together tonight, but I'll upload it tomorrow night since I'll have some good technical falco footage tomorrow!

=P If that's okay with everyone.
-DD

D

Deleted member

D: I'll put a little compilation vid together tonight, but I'll upload it tomorrow night since I'll have some good technical falco footage tomorrow!

=P If that's okay with everyone.
-DD
Upload something tonight! Please! :)

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
I was planning on trading in my Brawl disc on monday. . .but now that I found out about this, i think i'll hold onto it a little while longer.
really looking forward to this

humble

Smash Ace
Can I hassle you to get a test version of this?
No, and if you do, I especially won't give you it lol. However, I do plan to expand beta testing soon and will be keeping an eye on this thread for intelligent posters.
10readthefirstposts

Anyway, I am making the assumption that you guys are adding ground to air momentum (like in melee) so I wanted to ask, just how boss does sonic feel with this mechanic?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I chose the right time to check out how smash workshop's been doing.

Haven't played smash in general for a while. Can't wait until Project M has open beta. I'll definitely try it out as a melee fan. I hope it'll function well online. :D

Waiting for that trailer/teaser as well.

camelot

Smash Ace
Anyway, I am making the assumption that you guys are adding ground to air momentum (like in melee) so I wanted to ask, just how boss does sonic feel with this mechanic?
It was tried for Sonic in Brawl+, high ground to air momentum for him actually hurt his game. He flew by too fast, his f-air didn't link together when going fast, and he felt out of control.

Perhaps his aerials could be modified to make better use of momentum, and he could have an increase in aerial mobility (for better control)...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
xD Sorry guys, I'm workin' on it. Seems like my laptop munched on a bunch of the footage and it got corrupted.

List of characters I plan to show:
-Fox
-Falco
-Marth
-Sheik
-Peach
-Diddy
-Pokemon
-Ganondorf
-Falcon

If there is anything else you'd like to see, I can try.
-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link never gets any love, but I don't think there's been much progress on him.. So, you can't really put footage of him out.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
xD Sorry guys, I'm workin' on it. Seems like my laptop munched on a bunch of the footage and it got corrupted.

-Fox
-Falco
-Marth
-Sheik
-Peach
-Diddy
-Pokemon
-Ganondorf
-Falcon

-DD
As long as you really showcase Diddy and Falco, I'm happy. :p

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Please show Mario. Not just because I main him (although that's exactly why) but because he's so classic. I've felt so sad playing Mario from Melee to Brawl. And if I'm sad, you'll be more likely to include him.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
if ike has those changes previously mentioned, give him a second of side-b > WD stuff. (i'm majorly proud shanus liked this)

...and, uh, both the mario bros.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
So, how is Bowser in this game? I've got some ideas for him and they aren't bad like the L cancel ones (I hope)!

-Give back his old sideB for the ground, complete with slash hitbox. It would be cool if had super armor as he stepped forward as kind of a slower move. Not sure about the bite and throws for this one, but making him do something different is an alternative.
-I'm not sure if you would want to make his fair more like Melee where it hits lower, but that's an idea.
-In Brawl- he has a huge pull-in hitbox from his Nair. I think a smaller one would be cool.
-Speaking of which, does his Dsmash pull in?
-Bair maybe slower and or more lag but super armor frames.
-Reducing speed of tilts but maybe adding super armor (Ftilt from Melee with small super armor frames?)

For Falco, it's good that he's more like Melee. but is he going to be too good?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
This thread had me smiling widely for what must've been a full half hour. Melee reborn... The more I think of it the more it really sinks in. Let the hype begin :chuckle:

If possible, please show off some Sonic, Mario and Samus.

humble

Smash Ace
I'd like to request some Sonic (because I want to see how fast he goes with the new mechanics) some Zelda, and some Samus/ZSS. Thanks for doing this DD, I look forward to it.

bleyva

Smash Ace

-Fox
-Falco
-Marth
-Sheik
-Peach
-Diddy
-Pokemon
-Ganondorf
-Falcon

-DD
i'd like to request a good portion of the video be falcon knees/combos, preferably on sonic and mk.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wow, a Better brawl is coming? This i will only play if it
allows me to take my speed and Knowledge of melee,
and combine it with my aggression and mindgame from
Brawl. This does sound as if it was quite the noble game
For smashers everywhere.....

shanus

Smash Hero
if ike has those changes previously mentioned, give him a second of side-b > WD stuff. (i'm majorly proud shanus liked this)

...and, uh, both the mario bros.
It actually works really well.

Some updates:

Things have been progressing fairly well regarding character changes.

Code changes might see some nice updates soon too, with hopefully some large HAD refinements in the near future as Almas is able to help with coding again.

Some fun things to note:
Wolf with Ground Canceled shine is scary. Tight timing, but you can do GC shine to downsmash as a registered combo.

Ike with ground jump out of quick draw makes for epic jukes and movement patterns.

Peach float cancel is now working :-)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It actually works really well.

Some updates:

Things have been progressing fairly well regarding character changes.

Code changes might see some nice updates soon too, with hopefully some large HAD refinements in the near future as Almas is able to help with coding again.

Some fun things to note:
Wolf with Ground Canceled shine is scary. Tight timing, but you can do GC shine to downsmash as a registered combo.

Ike with ground jump out of quick draw makes for epic jukes and movement patterns.

Peach float cancel is now working :-)
=P I put the 45 degree angle on the hitbox, but it seems to only really put them in the air at higher percents, even at 64 BKB[0KBG]. Also, ledgehop->GCShine->Insertanymovehere is awesome.

-DD

a nub

Smash Ace
I'd like to see this new wolf. How about weegee? Is he gonna keep his faster barlw aerial mobility and have his **** melee aerials (aka his sexy melee fair)? Is his wavedash still crazy?

How about mario? Is he getting some doc changes like a low angle bair, stronger fair and dsmash, bigger cape, pill damage and trajectory on his fireballs?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I agree on the characters DD wants to show, since most of the Tp/High tiers are listed there and those I want to see if they look as epic as they did in melee

but, yes, I agree on showing the 2 mario brothers and pikachu with he's Uair Tail spike XD that will get hyped some puertorricans pikachu mains

VietGeek

Smash Hero
just a random thought that struck me:

does the hitbox for marth's fully charged shield breaker guarantee a shield break ala Melee?

shanus

Smash Hero
We haven't worked on marth yet, he is coming up soon. If you are interested on working on him, let me know.

We also want to make his old shield breaker animation, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom