• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
W-wait! Can the button mapping code be edited to work for the other controllers and not just the gamecube controller? Yes, spunit is gone but still.

That code directly constricts the button mapping of the other controllers as well.
^ I'd like to know how to use button remapping codes for any wii game as I have no more than broken Wiimotes :( Hope someone answers that question.

So P:M will have Brawl+ stages?

Also unanswered question 3 pages back, is Fox's speed like Melee? If so, then what do you think about Sonic? lol :3

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
Is is possible to give Sonic's spring the same knockback angle as it is in Balanced Brawl?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
He still needs something to tech chase with. He can do it but you're not punished very much with it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
So....I'm guessing sonic will be as fast as fox on 1.5 speed. I have a feeling Sonic will end up with a super wavedash.
Nothing in Sonic's moveset suggests that he'd have that kind of glitch <_<.

Other than spinshotting, Sonic looks bug free (who knows though, maybe canceling homing attack on a certain frame might do something <_<)

I think Sonic will be very cool in P:M, with precise controls, he will be a beast of tech chasing
He'll be able to get there, but I can't see Sonic really getting super long combos going like Falcon. He'll mostly just get to act like Fox and punish EVERYTHING/GO THROUGH EVERYTHING (seriously, sonic has INVINCIBLE moves. And I'm not talking one frame, it's the ****ing real deal long invincibility that goes through moves on purpose)

Though for tech chasing he does have d-tilt, grab, uair, dair, and upsmash for combo starters, and d-smash, nair, and bair for edgeguard setups (you could try f-smash...but it's not recomended) . Got plenty of things to land on the tech chase, it's just that his combo game in general is not particularly strong.

He still needs something to tech chase with. He can do it but you're not punished very much with it.
Meh who knows, maybe everyone's increased gravity will make Sonic combo them better (or set up better for tech chases. Lower angle on attacks=more tech chases)

shanus

Smash Hero
DS, did you get to try it out yet? If you aren't a fan of the homing attack interrupt, I can look into making it instant. I feel like the interrupt would be awesome if the start-up is sped up, but its balls hard to modify it so far.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
About the DJC and holding down the jump button to not DJC wouldn´t that make peach waste her float every time she wants to double jump>aerial?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
About the DJC and holding down the jump button to not DJC wouldn´t that make peach waste her float every time she wants to double jump>aerial?
No, you hold it when you do the aerial[hold X or w/e you use], and the attack starts and you keep rising.
-DD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ever since I've seen this

http://i45.tinypic.com/j93g4h.png

I kinda figured you guys will be able to do anything with stages soon. So I'm going to list all of the neutrals and CPs that would be in if making all of them are possible. I'm listing from brawl, to melee, to 64.

Neutrals

Brawl
BF
FD
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruse
Pokemon Stadium 2
Wario Ware Inc.

Melee
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams
BF
FD

DL
Metal Mario Stage

Counter picks

Brawl
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Pictochat
Norfair
Luigis Mansion

Melee
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Mute City
Green Greens
Poke Floats

Peaches Castle
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Kongo Jungle
quoting just in case somebody missed it.:chuckle:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hold on, why the **** can Fox waveshine Fox? o_O

Can he waveshine every character?

It's suppose to make characters Marths weight and under fall down...

shanus

Smash Hero
Hold on, why the **** can Fox waveshine Fox? o_O

Can he waveshine every character?

It's suppose to make characters Marths weight and under fall down...
This is why I'm asking for no more streams because its putting false information into the wild.

People need to realize that almost every build we are altering the gravities of each character. This means we have not compensated the weights OR knockbacks of most moves across builds. Pre-alpha is pre-alpha for a reason.

In conclusion, no more streams.

5ive

Smash Champion
This is why I'm asking for no more streams because its putting false information into the wild.

People need to realize that almost every build we are altering the gravities of each character. This means we have not compensated the weights OR knockbacks of most moves across builds. Pre-alpha is pre-alpha for a reason.

In conclusion, no more streams.
I thought you asked us if we were going to stream :p.

And alright, no more streams.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
from what I saw its a major step in the right direction. The ppl playing were not using everyone though. I was impressed by fox, jiggs, falco, and peach. The are close to their melee selves. I think Gannon, sheik, Marth, Falcon, and Luigi will be good once complete. As for Brawl characters....I am more convinced now. I only saw Ike, Pit, Diddy, and snake. snake didn't show alot but the guy playing him didn't know how to play him. However snake could have a great techchase game. Ike looks well rounded with potential deadly techchasing. Diddy looks like a DJN Type character. some technical stuff but mostly about setups and mindgames of the love. Most impressive to me was Pit. dispite my worries he fit well with melee physics. He has solid techchasing, comboes, edge gaurds, recovery, as well as camping ability with his arrows that wasn't used during the test run. I Think he could make High tier by the end of this.

I was thinking melee characters would dominate brawl characters.......now idk.

NatP

Smash Ace
This seems like it's going to be an amazingly fun mod to play and I can't wait to try it out. But there is one thing I have to complain about: Bringing back g&w's melee nair. Don't get me wrong, I love his melee nair, but it's like... His brawl nair is so much better. So what I propose, and this is just a suggestion, is that you replace uair with the melee nair. You'd lose the amazing windbox but you'd receive the parachute in return. I personally think it's a fair change.

NatP

Smash Ace
Well, atleast you should have some way to use brawl nair. It's just such a great damage racker and it also has a disjointed hitbox. To be honest, I think having BOTH in the game would literally make g&w a perfect character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I dunno, I don't see what the brawl nair has over the melee nair. And what it does have the bair does it better. You won't need a combo starting nair when you get your amazing down throw back.

NatP

Smash Ace
Hm well, I guess that would be fine. I just thought you were trying to go for a blend of brawl and melee. But yeah, it works.
Also what will happen to dtilt then? Will that huge disjointed hitbox get the same knockback as in melee? That would be just O.O .

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hm well, I guess that would be fine. I just thought you were trying to go for a blend of brawl and melee. But yeah, it works.
Also what will happen to dtilt then? Will that huge disjointed hitbox get the same knockback as in melee? That would be just O.O .
I forgot about the dtilt lol yeah it's gonna be in.
lol they should try and add the little clouds of smoke on wave dashes to give it that melee effect
this

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Currently the closer portion of the d-tilt pops up ala melee while the tip is the brawl KB.

In melee, it had different KB according to air vs. grounded status of your opponent, but for this we figured it'd be a little much if the huge new d-tilt animation was a massive setup / poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom