• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I'll say one thing.
Every Falcon main will love you if you use PSA and remove the stupid chain-like noise (basically, any sound action that calls that one into play) that he makes when running around or jumping and such. You know exactly what I'm talking about >:3
Falcon already sounds like Melee, including throws, Usmash, and Dsmash, and he also has... something extra ;)

camelot

Smash Ace
@SHeLL: are you gonna make Mario's fireballs last a long time like in Melee?
They didn't last any longer in Melee (75 frames), they just traveled farther because they moved faster. Brawl's default fireball speed is 1.5, I switched it to 1.65, which feels around Melee's speed.

Man I really want the weak projectiles to force getups, It was very useful in my melee Mario game :(. Any progress on this?
There'd be a pretty simple fix for this, actually.

Instead of characters going into the "bounce" animation (the one that causes jab/laser locks in vBrawl), they would go into the "get up" animation.

Brawl+ didn't do this, they just increased the speed of the bounce animation to be about twice (?) as fast.

Also: I don't get what the problem is with Falcon's chain-like sounds. They sound ok to me. The Raptor Boost "launch" sound effect I never really liked, though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Jab resets weren't guaranteed BTW, the stronger the jab the lower percent it stops working. Also you could get out of some with good SDI, for example, Fox would try to thunders combo Falco and Falco SDI'd the jab upwards so he didn't get jab reseted.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Well, in most communities it expands to "good game," but in MGO it more commonly expands to "git gud" and is thrown around by the snobby pro players. :ohwell:

... So back to Project M...
Yeah... GG def. equals "good game." Some morons on the gamefaqs forums (in the MW2) section constantly refer to GG as "get good." as you said, they usually use it in a snobby way. They think they are the best and usually just aim to annoy people by changing "GG's" meaning. To most any RTS player GG is undeniably "Good Game."

back to P:M. For the past few weeks I've been playing Jiggs as an alternative to my Falco, as she is very much opposite his gameplay. For example, she's difficult to gimp, and combo. She's a lightweight, has tons of aerial mobility, and is floaty. Again, all of these things are opposite Falco. I played her in my scrub days of Melee, and beat my noob friends. Anyway... So when I went to the S.N.E.S tournament a good number of months back, I was playing around in Melee, as I had not played it in forever. Some kid sat down, who was going to play in the Melee tournament. He played Jiggly and... I couldn't do a thing to him. Now keep in kind I'm not experienced in the arts of tournament level Melee. I understand how things work, for the most part, knowing how characters play, but as for pulling off what I see... That's anther thing entirely.

Perhaps it was the crouch cancelling that made it so hard for me to do anything against him (I was Shiek btw). If I dash attacked him, I'd get rested. If I attacked him in any way, I'd get rested. I could NOT do anything to him because I'm that bad at Melee. My attacking results in punishment. It wasn't the typical setups into rest, like pound>uair>jump into rest. It was... Me attack, jiggs laugh off the attack, standing on the ground, and resting me to death. I think CCing had a ton to do with this. It was as though he was CCing my attacks and resting when I was still overlapping his body. Can jigs in Brawl+ do anything like this? is jiggs gonna be like this in P:M? I wouldn't mind if he was, as he wasn't #1 in Melee with said strats and capabilities, I'm just wondering.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You were playing the Match up wrong. Camp needles, Jiggs can't do anything to that, dsmash when you think she's going to CC, don't dash attack, and just SHFFL fairs. Jiggs gets out of CC percents very fast, once she's over like 40% she can't CC anymore.

BTW was that player named Darc?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
You were playing the Match up wrong. Camp needles, Jiggs can't do anything to that, dsmash when you think she's going to CC, don't dash attack, and just SHFFL fairs. Jiggs gets out of CC percents very fast, once she's over like 40% she can't CC anymore.

BTW was that player named Darc?
I see. Yeah, it's no surpise to me that I was playing the match-up entirely wrong. Honestly, I can't recall the kid's alias. He was dirty blond, short hair, but I doubt that'll help. LoL.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Etwist....Jiggs has an advantage against Sheik. Camping needles doesn't work because Jiggs can duck under standing needles, and if you jump then she can easily get under you (or just outspace the needles with her ridiculous bair).

In addition, Sheik has trouble killing Jiggs (landing grabs is very hard and very risky, and outside of grabs Shiek has no kill combos. Bair and uair are her safest moves and even then she still has trouble getting kills at reasonable percents). On the flipside, Sheik is one of the easiest characters to rest combo and easy to edgeguard (lol ledgehog->ledgehop rest.)

It's a workable matchup because Sheiks aerials are still gay, but it's still a bad matchup.

shanus

Smash Hero
Not during the entire animation. Djc ruined yoshis recovery
Either way, it doesn't matter now. DJC is clearly optional now since its programmed to require that the jump button NOT be held for momentum to be killed.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Nah it wasn't me. It sounds like Glick.

Hooray for namesearching
nope, wasn't glick, I know who he is. I played with guru, and glick was with him. I didn't have a chance to fight him though. Brawl+ set ups were few and far between during the vBrawl tourney.

Never the less, it doesn't matter who I fought. Thanks for clarifying though Darc. :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
@Darksonic: I know it's a bad MU, it's just not as bad as he made it sound. And yeah, trying to grab Jiggs with sheik and Falcon is extremely gay. If she crouches you get rested. GAY.

jalued

Smash Lord
@Darksonic: I know it's a bad MU, it's just not as bad as he made it sound. And yeah, trying to grab Jiggs with sheik and Falcon is extremely gay. If she crouches you get rested. GAY.
same thing happens if sheik crouches, she cant get grabbed (by falcon and ganon at least)... but yes, jiggz is a very lame character and is the most hated out of all the cast

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
But at least we only get grabbed when Sheik does it, oh wait, I'm Falcon. **** :urg:. Dash Grabs work against Sheik's crouch but it's pretty risky.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
nope, wasn't glick, I know who he is. I played with guru, and glick was with him. I didn't have a chance to fight him though. Brawl+ set ups were few and far between during the vBrawl tourney.

Never the less, it doesn't matter who I fought. Thanks for clarifying though Darc. :D
Oh. Stupid Jigglypuffs.

I like your username btw

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Shanus I had forgotten and noticed nobody has said this but marth could also djc in melee as well

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Yes he can, using his overb on his second jump, I mained him in melee, try it out for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom