• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
He can cancel his f-air with jump!

if marth is getting melee shield breaker can it have a hitbox size as big as ganon's balls just like melee?

because that would be of much approval :012:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Dustin posting in this topic makes me happy.
Awww yeah name searching.
-DD

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
It is indeed very useful as you can perform a small wavedash with it if you time it right while short hopping and leads to another attack

@Darc: In my case I used it quite often against doc and heavy characters such as fox and falco, and it works wonder in mind games against light characters as well

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I'm gonna assume fair is a better option in that situation.

Forward b most of the time is horrible. The only time I use forward b is to combo into an uptilt on floaties.

Edit: wait also off stage edgeguarding on spacies

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Yeah everybody has their style but its still a good option to have.

@ETWIST51294: Theyre not heavy in brawl... they fall like rocks in melee

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Shanus I had forgotten and noticed nobody has said this but marth could also djc in melee as well
OMFGLOL, he to my understanding can't :o

lol, tipo donde escuchastes eso?

more on topic, are fox/falco/falcon weight feeling like melee

and/or will Dk be able to chaingrab them?

**will fox be able to chaingrab him self or falco?**

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
@Namq: nadie lo aprendi de una muchacha que usaba a marth de main, desps te busco el video, intentalo usa sideB al principio de el segundo brinco

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Never said you were...Sheesh can't even shine a little light on a rarely used technique without almost getting eaten alive...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
NOMNOMNOM.

But yeah, fairly sure you can still do that with Brawl already, and if you can't its a 2 second fix.
-DD

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Lol, but yeah not exactly, in brawl overB kills your momentum completely, nothing to work with, melees version though works almost exactly like djc which is why I associate them, because it kills vertical momentum gain and in exchange sends him diagonally down depending on the driection your facing ofcourse

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Just because I like elaborating on my thoughts while reading...
While I'm not entirely sure how max hop and short hop heights are determined, I do know the difference between weight and gravity.
Melee's universal gravity, to start with, is higher than Brawl's. However, that's only one part of it. You then have individual down gravities which actually determine how fast a character drops (NOT HOW FAST A CHARACTER RISES). Up gravity (which is, I believe, JumpVelocity or something similar in PSA terms) and its individual full hop and short hop values determine the speed at which the character reaches each respectively.
Finally, weight determines knockback resistance and probably a few other factors I can't remember. A character can be heavy and floaty. Just look at any heavy character in vBrawl /lulz. Fox and Falco are something around medium weight. Their down gravities are very high though.

Correct me if I missed on any of this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Was never entirely sure on their weights (or anyone for that matter besides some obvious characters like Jiggs, Kirby, Bowser, and DK).

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Oh. Stupid Jigglypuffs.

I like your username btw
Yeah, those darn jigglypuffs! Whatever should we do with them?

Oh, and thanks. Your user name is pretty cool too. Sounds... Intimidating. Judging by your name I'd say your good. You should fear me, one of my fellow Orcas took out a trainer at sea world tonight... You may be next.

shanus

Smash Hero
Final step for HAD is now complete. It now decays per frame and feels amazing.

shanus

Smash Hero
Just making us more antsy. :(
This is a major milestone in development. Most of the mechanics are now in place.

Only major codes remaining involve:
Crouch canceling?
Light shield presses for l-canceling + light shields?

Minor codes:
Meteor canceling
PS reflect

Rikana

Smash Champion
This is a major milestone in development. Most of the mechanics are now in place.

Crouch canceling?

Minor codes:
Meteor canceling
PS reflect
Light shielding definitely sounds hard. There's probably ways to work around Crouch Canceling though. Something will eventually come up.

What do you have in mind for Meteor Canceling though? I don't know how to code and such but I understand how it works. I remember you said that there aren't any codes within the game that implies a "spike". So, from my assumption, are you gonna make anything that sends you lower than the horizontal axis Meteor Cancelable? Well, maybe more specific. Something in range of the degree you're being launched off to. Dunno if I'm making any sense here lol.

Power Shielding with reflecting properties sounds simple.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Does Fox fall like a rock? I loved that about him. Also, seems that the progress is going great, maybe greater than any of us expected, so beta seems close, I guess sooner than my summer expectation?:)
EDIT: Crouch canceling is necessary, light shield presses is just optional i guess.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
How would you work light presses? That would only work with GC controllers, and there are people that prefer the CC, like me.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

Crouch canceling?

Minor codes:
Meteor canceling
PS reflect
You still have the fantasy code of making tethers work awesomely again. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

OMFGLOL, he to my understanding can't :o

lol, tipo donde escuchastes eso?

more on topic, are fox/falco/falcon weight feeling like melee

and/or will Dk be able to chaingrab them?

**will fox be able to chaingrab him self or falco?**
This is an interesting point that may not have been publicly discussed yet. What will become of CG's like Marios, Marths, Ganons, Fox, and Sheik?

A nice option would be to have the grabs CG for like 20% on certain characters in situational percentage ranges. After that, it would just set up for a combo with predicted DI and reaction. would be a nice change from some of the obnoxious CG's in Melee.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@shanus, Great news!! That's awesome man.

Btw, more on Sheik for a moment. So her Fair has been powered up at the cost of her tether recovery removal. This is fine, as I'd like her to play like her Melee self. However, what about her Uair? I just played Melee a bit... God I love her uair in that. Her uair in Brawl+ is garbage in comparison. It's so difficult to kill with. Has her uair been restored in P:M?

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
How would you work light presses? That would only work with GC controllers, and there are people that prefer the CC, like me.
Actually, I think the Wii is also capable of registering light presses from the CC.
it can actually. Light sheilding is an essential part of melee. its one of the best ways to stay safe on a platform as well as dealing with shield pressure (mainly it allows you to deal with spacies shield pressure). it would be silly not to include it if its possible.

also, if you have trouble doing a light press on your CC you can just shield then hold your grab button. then release your shield button and you will light sheild

EDIT:
Fox and Falco are lightweights. Well, I think Falco's borderline middle weight.
they are both pretty light, they just fall fast which gives them the illusion that they are heavy. Falco is light enough to fall down from a shine. if I remember correctly he is very close to the weight threshold for that though. Marth is on the exact border of being waveshined and falling from a shine (look at the PAL version of melee for comparison)

Rikana

Smash Champion
it can actually.
I'm curious how you arrived on this conclusion. I don't think there's one Wii game out that registers light shoulder button inputs. Its different if you put in GC games in a Wii.

I'm all for light shielding but it doesn't seem possible to me.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I dunno, it works for mario kart and *shudder* TvC...

but I'm with you on the whole "light shielding doesn't seem possible" thing. the way the shields are designed in brawl seem less...flawed? shield stab is really uncommon for a lot of characters. if light shielding isn't possible, maybe we should try to find a way to make it so you can angle the shield more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom