• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
All we know about Lucario is that we want to make his neutral B less spammy.
What do you mean by less spammy? I don't play Lucario much so I wouldn't know how bad it is but isn't Falco's laser much more spamable than Lucario's?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Falco's lasers certainly can and are used to camp, but they're also one of the best projectiles to actually approach with, landing you a jab grab etc. depending on your timing.

As far as I know, Lucario's Aura Sphere doesn't have any parallel applications.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah. That's what I mean. Although Lucario's neutral B is "spammy" but its no where good like Falco's lasers so making it less spammy is an unneccessary nerf imo. But.. I'm always up for a less campy match.

Edit: Offtopic. Nooo Entei just escaped. :( I've been playing too much Pokemon Soul Silver lately.

IkeHero

Smash Rookie
Bring back the multiple frames of invincibilty,just make them shorter.

Also make Ike's wieght and move speed more like Roy's.Anyone who's played FE10 knows that Ike moves faster than he does in Brawl.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Footstooling Remapped Footstooling was remapped to uptaunt. Through inclusion of a button remapping code, you can map this to the jump button you don't use. For example, I jump with Y, so I mapped it to X. So now I jump with Y, and Footstool with X.
...why? What's wrong with footstooling with any jump button?

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
I hope you guys make projectiles go farther because I hate it when I use Samus charged Neutral B and it never even get across the whole screen let alone even hit anybody on the other side of the stage.

I also found silly how link's and Toon link's arrows can disappear in mid air.

I think you guys should make their arrows range smaller

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I hope you guys make projectiles go farther because I hate it when I use Samus charged Neutral B and it never even get across the whole screen let alone even hit anybody on the other side of the stage.

I also found silly how link's and Toon link's arrows disappear in mid air sometimes.
I agree that kind stupid

The Irony of what I said.

Revven

FrankerZ
Most footstools are accidental than they are intentional and this is because jump when you're near someone = a footstool. To remedy this, they gave the option to map it to a different button so you can actually have control of when you want to do it.

Almas

Smash Lord
Dantarion is working on it. Which means, unlike when I work on something, it will get done.

IkeHero

Smash Rookie
I think Ike should keep his move set,but have roy mechanics.That way i can realistically hit someone with a Forward smash.

J4pu

Smash Champion
how far along is this?
I haven't been able to find any videos up on youtube, is it being kept secret or is it just not that far along yet?

oh, and great idea, I can't wait for the final product

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think Ike should keep his move set,but have roy mechanics.That way i can realistically hit someone with a Forward smash.
Honestly, Ike+ doesn't even need FSmash that often. He's got ways for leading into Bair or even Uair and you can always DC -> FSmash particularly for edgeguarding. You can't make that move much faster without compensation on damage and knockback.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Ike+ doesn't even need FSmash that often. He's got ways for leading into Bair or even Uair and you can always DC -> FSmash particularly for edgeguarding. You can't make that move much faster without compensation on damage and knockback.
^Quite right. Ike rarely needs the Fsmash. Fair by itself is ridiculous for spacing, not to mention Bair and Uair kill, Dair can meteor through snake's Cypher, Eruption edgeguards like a boss, jab leads to a grab most of the time, and Aether has some fun spiking stuffs if you're feeling lucky.

Revven

FrankerZ
Are there any plans / is it possible to make the camera work like it does in Melee?
It's easily possible by messing with the character's camera values in their .pacs. If they were to change the camera, that would be the method they'd use (since the code for it makes a rocket sfx that's unbearable).

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
If you are always do everything in .PAC, will the characters have their individual friction value (less sliding) based (and balanced) on their gravity values? -> (still e.g. Ike's falling after upB ... is hopefully fixed)

(BTW: Wont there be any momentum fixes for upB moves individual for single characters? - Why don't you make Fox/Falco upB as high as in Melee?)

And would it be possible that officially the N64 Mushroom Kingdom stage is on the roster in future?
|_> (if the bugs of the stage will be fixed and if it is ready...)

EDIT: If there will be some time: I would like to request the special techniques my friends like to use in in Melee.
Shown on here

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
If you are always do everything in .PAC, will the characters have their individual friction value (less sliding) based (and balanced) on their gravity values? -> (still e.g. Ike's falling after upB ... is hopefully fixed)
Characters will not only have friction tweaks, but will also have individual wavedash lengths which differ from their friction if necessary. For example, we want to keep Snake's DACUS length, but nerf his wavedash length because his ground game is so strong already and he'll have access to waveland item pickups.

(BTW: Wont there be any momentum fixes for upB moves individual for single characters? - Why don't you make Fox/Falco upB as high as in Melee?)
We would like to, but that information is locked away in the modules (.rel files) and we currently do not have access to it.
And would it be possible that officially the N64 Mushroom Kingdom stage is on the roster in future?
|_> (if the bugs of the stage will be fixed and if it is ready...)
Possible, but unlikely. You're free to replace any stages you like. In fact, we're going to be moving Project M to the /pm/ (instead of /pf/) folder, so you'll be able to use your custom content along with Project M.
As far as included stages, we're more likely going to go with the "+" series of stages (i.e., New Pork City+, etc.)
EDIT: If there will be some time: I would like to request the special techniques my friends like to use in in Melee.
Shown on here
Item steal grab and diagonal item throw look very cool, actually. I would personally like to implement them but you'll have to wait on shanus' opinion. Worst comes to worst, I could probably code them for you and release them separately (assuming I have time and figure out how :ohwell:).

IkeHero

Smash Rookie
I just think the only thing that really needs to be fixed about Ike is his move speed.By the time my dash attack starts,they've fired a projectile or shielded.If you wont make forward smash faster,at least make some ariel moves faster.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Ike is very good right now. His Quick Draw cancel is INSANE, giving him crazy mobility he never had before. He can also wavedash to make up for his crappy ground movement, just like Ganon.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Shown on here
Alright, how did your friends code that? I've been meaning to pick up an AR(the one I had broke) and I would SOOO love to have this.

On topic: Dedede needs to slide far with his wave dash. His mobility, both in the air and on the ground, sucks. Being able to Wave Dash a decent distance would allow him to tie his moves together a lot better.

Course, I haven't touched B+ in forever and thus have no knowledge of how they affected D3's aerial mobility.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yes, but specials don't scale using that. Its pretty hilarious when a tiny metaknight gets the same distance out of drill rush as he would when he's regular sized.

Its much more practical to increase the stage size in brawlbox.
You can modify character sizes in the .pacs, you know. But I don't know if it scales down the specials.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that if you modified terminal velocity and max horizontal air speed, and all the other attributes, you could get a decently proportional size mod. But that's a total pain compared to just adjusting the stages.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget the projectiles. When I messed around with the size mod, Lucario's aura spheres were traversing the whole stage.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
*below quote*

Most footstools are accidental than they are intentional and this is because jump when you're near someone = a footstool. To remedy this, they gave the option to map it to a different button so you can actually have control of when you want to do it.
This.

Errrm... no, Ike is not Roy by any means >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMCA3w8UdI
Kupo already did a pretty good job with it.
I love it!!! I hate Brawl cam <3.

Shown on here
This is so great O.o!!! melee hacking is so awsome :)

The Item Steal is perfect omg so perfect, and even the Diagonal Item Throw :)

Characters will not only have friction tweaks, but will also have individual wavedash lengths which differ from their friction if necessary. For example, we want to keep Snake's DACUS length, but nerf his wavedash length because his ground game is so strong already and he'll have access to waveland item pickups.

We would like to, but that information is locked away in the modules (.rel files) and we currently do not have access to it.

Possible, but unlikely. You're free to replace any stages you like. In fact, we're going to be moving Project M to the /pm/ (instead of /pf/) folder, so you'll be able to use your custom content along with Project M.
As far as included stages, we're more likely going to go with the "+" series of stages (i.e., New Pork City+, etc.)

Item steal grab and diagonal item throw look very cool, actually. I would personally like to implement them but you'll have to wait on shanus' opinion. Worst comes to worst, I could probably code them for you and release them separately (assuming I have time and figure out how :ohwell:).
Yeah, those two are quite impressive ^^

and another hack that was very fun (obviously not for competitive play) "Each character gets a cpu clone that fight for you (and act's like nana)

jalued

Smash Lord
item steal could be useful, directional throwing though would make diddy even better :p

maybe if the item steal only happened after a grab release....

tbh though, lets not make it any harder for the programmers if we can help it :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
As long as the rest of the agenda is out of the way and a guy on the team has some spare time, someone could probably mess around with some stuff.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mm, I was talking about this project on GameFAQs and someone suggested, in addition to the 64 Falcon Punch, that Mario should get his 64 USmash back. Now unlike Falcon's USmash, that sounds sexy.

IkeHero

Smash Rookie
Make wall jump for Snake.

i dont want Ike to be Roy,I just want Ike to fight the way Ike does in FE.And Roy tends to fight that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom