• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
yeah but it's sold so much that they wouldn't do that unless there really stupid, really who would it benefit to stop now

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
See if you can get Psyshock working for me.
:D
-DD
Hmm...
I would like to know how it will be.. I already know that it goes over down B but I still don't know... Uhh you know the way it works? Any good examples will be :D .
Uhh yeah.. I've always been thinking of down B being something like Psychic... It grabs your opponent (the way Mewtwo does..) damages them and throws them powerfully to the ground.. That would be cool..
And also side B could have the same way.. Now we can put that [stupid] ThrowLw animation is something cool.. Meaning like in Melee.. It pushes the opponent upwards and then to the ground.. That looks WAY more Mewtwoish than what it is right now..
I have a lot of other wicked ideas that I could use... I'll try to use them when I've got enough time.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmm...
I would like to know how it will be.. I already know that it goes over down B but I still don't know... Uhh you know the way it works? Any good examples will be :D .
Uhh yeah.. I've always been thinking of down B being something like Psychic... It grabs your opponent (the way Mewtwo does..) damages them and throws them powerfully to the ground.. That would be cool..
And also side B could have the same way.. Now we can put that [stupid] ThrowLw animation is something cool.. Meaning like in Melee.. It pushes the opponent upwards and then to the ground.. That looks WAY more Mewtwoish than what it is right now..
I have a lot of other wicked ideas that I could use... I'll try to use them when I've got enough time.
If you have your own ideas for things, you can do those.
Psyshock was gonna look something like Mewtwo's exploding escape thing he does all the movies, but with electricity.

Working on better throws/tailwhips/etc would be the best though.

So yeah, I also think changing "confusion" to "barrier" would be cool. Just make a "wall" of sparkles or something in front of Mewtwo that acts like Pit's shield.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
If you have your own ideas for things, you can do those.
Psyshock was gonna look something like Mewtwo's exploding escape thing he does all the movies, but with electricity.

Working on better throws/tailwhips/etc would be the best though.

So yeah, I also think changing "confusion" to "barrier" would be cool. Just make a "wall" of sparkles or something in front of Mewtwo that acts like Pit's shield.
-DD
Mhmm.. Well I did make the stars thingy he does for the throws.. And I didn't use graphic 11 (which is used for charging Smash Attacks (!) ), I actually used 6A, which looks more.. purpleish so it's more Mewtwoish (Lol)... It looks really cool now.
I'm also gonna make some attacks look a lot more like Melee.. Anyways what I did so far:
1- Added stars to the grabs.
2- Used graphic 61 instead of 52 for Up Smash and Down Smash, It looks better this way especially for Up Smash.

What I don't really like...:
His animations for: Ftilt, UTilt, UAir.
I'll try to find better animations, fix their translations to match Mewtwo, and check if the hitboxes are good.
Also.. Why does his tail look... Uhh.. Check his Tail base at most animations.. It looks weird...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Mhmm.. Well I did make the stars thingy he does for the throws.. And I didn't use graphic 11 (which is used for charging Smash Attacks (!) ), I actually used 6A, which looks more.. purpleish so it's more Mewtwoish (Lol)... It looks really cool now.
I'm also gonna make some attacks look a lot more like Melee.. Anyways what I did so far:
1- Added stars to the grabs.
2- Used graphic 61 instead of 52 for Up Smash and Down Smash, It looks better this way especially for Up Smash.

What I don't really like...:
His animations for: Ftilt, UTilt, UAir.
I'll try to find better animations, fix their translations to match Mewtwo, and check if the hitboxes are good.
Also.. Why does his tail look... Uhh.. Check his Tail base at most animations.. It looks weird...
His tail can't really be "fixed" because it only has that one bone for the entire thing, then gravity takes over. We can't really work with it, but we can make animations look like they could work and trick our eyes into seeing what we want to see.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
His tail can't really be "fixed" because it only has that one bone for the entire thing, then gravity takes over. We can't really work with it, but we can make animations look like they could work and trick our eyes into seeing what we want to see.
-DD
I meant that the tail looks like it's outside of his "behind" (lol reference)...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
At the moment the M2 hack makes me a bit sad, because its so :/ ... you know what I mean (UpAir >.<).

There is a funny thing I found. When you Air Dodge with Z you can interupt the double Jump while with L/R you cant o.O

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
At the moment the M2 hack makes me a bit sad, because its so :/ ... you know what I mean (UpAir >.<).

There is a funny thing I found. When you Air Dodge with Z you can interupt the double Jump while with L/R you cant o.O
Z has an A Button input, so its part of the DJC.

:[ And Mewtwo has fallen way behind in terms of hack quality because it can't be as easily made to look like Mewtwo. It makes me a sad panda that is waiting for a model importation.

-DD

Fen__

Smash Ace
Z has an A Button input, so its part of the DJC.

:[ And Mewtwo has fallen way behind in terms of hack quality because it can't be as easily made to look like Mewtwo. It makes me a sad panda that is waiting for a model importation.

-DD
I feel like the updated version of BSZ's Mewtwo (whoever it was that updated it) looks quite good, actually. Why not work with that model? I'm sorry, but it just seems silly to bank on a model rebuilder being available any time remotely soon.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
IMO it would be ok to go completely without any model hacking for the moment. I would more or less concentrate on a mewtwo'ish and flawless lucario moveset (Without those gaps/jumps between the animations).

But maybe thats just me. I would be as well fine already with a Lloyd hack that goes over Pit,without any Model hacking, because atm most of those model hacks are really ugly somehow :S

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the updated version of BSZ's Mewtwo (whoever it was that updated it) looks quite good, actually. Why not work with that model? I'm sorry, but it just seems silly to bank on a model rebuilder being available any time remotely soon.
just an fyi, it took about three days (in total maybe 10 hrs) of hacking. i wouldnt wanna do that, you wouldn't, and we can't really edit it. you would really need to start from scratch. imma still learning how to vertex hack. i could export teh model for someone to edit in blender or in 3ds max. its not really hard.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Hey DD would you like it if I replace some sound effects?
I've got 95% of Mewtwo's SFX from melee and I'm trying to use them in brawl.
I'm working on:
Down B
Side B
Jump
Up B
By the way I said I don't have all the SFX, I don't have the jump effect but..
I used goldwave to edit the Up B sound a little and now it's like his jump SFX.. Just a BIT longer.
Things I might work on:
Cheer
Stun (YEAH!)
Sleep
Flying off (you know when he's like AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)

Might think of some others too!
So do you like it?

EDIT: Got one sound effect working, now that I know how to replace SFX, It'll take less time if it is Allah's willing.
(But of course final exams always get in da way -_- )
Edit Edit: Now I have three SFX:
Jump
Up B
Side B
Announcer Call (A LOT better than the one you had, though the same one but fixed the fuzz stuff)
All patched in perfectly! No Stupid sound fuzz!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Why does his tail have only one bone? Lucario has three bone joints in the tail, so why has Mewtwo's bone tree been modified to only have one?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey DD would you like it if I replace some sound effects?
I've got 95% of Mewtwo's SFX from melee and I'm trying to use them in brawl.
I'm working on:
Down B
Side B
Jump
Up B
By the way I said I don't have all the SFX, I don't have the jump effect but..
I used goldwave to edit the Up B sound a little and now it's like his jump SFX.. Just a BIT longer.
Things I might work on:
Cheer
Stun (YEAH!)
Sleep
Flying off (you know when he's like AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)

Might think of some others too!
So do you like it?

EDIT: Got one sound effect working, now that I know how to replace SFX, It'll take less time if it is Allah's willing.
(But of course final exams always get in da way -_- )
Edit Edit: Now I have three SFX:
Jump
Up B
Side B
Announcer Call (A LOT better than the one you had, though the same one but fixed the fuzz stuff)
All patched in perfectly! No Stupid sound fuzz!
Yes, that would be great!

Why does his tail have only one bone? Lucario has three bone joints in the tail, so why has Mewtwo's bone tree been modified to only have one?
To make it take the shape, the bones were spaced really awkwardly and as such ended up pretty spaced out and can't really be modified without something going nuts.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Yes, that would be great!
I'm glad you like it!
I'm full of ideas right now, so here's one:

I liked Mewtwo when it was in melee but.. I think we should change the fact that everything is darkness, so I decided to ask you about this...
We should split the Mewtwo hack into to parts..
The Melee Mewtwo
The 4th Gen Mewtwo
Meaning that it will have it's moves from D/P, PT, and HG/SS, like...
NOTE: I tried listing the moves but they're too much O_O, check here to see them:
Hooray for Smogon
I think that would be awesome...
It's your choice, I'll work on it if you want.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm glad you like it!
I'm full of ideas right now, so here's one:

I liked Mewtwo when it was in melee but.. I think we should change the fact that everything is darkness, so I decided to ask you about this...
We should split the Mewtwo hack into to parts..
The Melee Mewtwo
The 4th Gen Mewtwo
Meaning that it will have it's moves from D/P, PT, and HG/SS, like...
NOTE: I tried listing the moves but they're too much O_O, check here to see them:
Hooray for Smogon
I think that would be awesome...
It's your choice, I'll work on it if you want.
Uhh, I already abandoned the idea of making "parts" and making "Melee Mewtwo".

The only way to make him good is to just make him new.

That said, I like all of Melee Mewtwo's Tilts/Smashes/Aerials. The specials really just need to be changed. I liked my idea for Shadowball/Barrier/Teleport/Psyshock set, but if you have ideas for other moves, just post 'em.

-DD

hero1771

Smash Journeyman

That said, I like all of Melee Mewtwo's Tilts/Smashes/Aerials. The specials really just need to be changed. I liked my idea for Shadowball/Barrier/Teleport/Psyshock set, but if you have ideas for other moves, just post 'em.

-DD
darkdragoon, what if someone showed up here with a working accurate mld0 modle of mewtwo?
why do i ask?
YOU CANT PROVE ANYTHING! ;)

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, a member named mariokart64n down at KCMM is making a Mewtwo vertex hack using a new vertex hacking method.

So yeah, model problem solved.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace

-DD
I see...
Well I might make one that's completely mine, but it's most likely not going to replace Lucario, maybe Sheik instead..
Why? Cause LeafBarrett is making a Gardevoir hack for Zelda, so you see, it matches up pretty good.
And of course I'll first try making a BRSAR that has all of M2's SFX and Voices for Lucario.
But now I gotta study, bye!
EDIT: Change plans, NOT Sheik, cause it would be hard to hex to characters to have all the SFX and Voices, so I'll just keep working on Lucario, though I really hate the fact that he has Aura in his hands... Isn't there a way to remove it?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
As I can see, people are not liking my Mewtwo anymore? :(
:o Now, I love it, it looks pretty good.
But the only downside is how little we can manipulate the tail xD.
We'll have to see if anything changes with this supposed new model.

I see...
Well I might make one that's completely mine, but it's most likely not going to replace Lucario, maybe Sheik instead..
Why? Cause LeafBarrett is making a Gardevoir hack for Zelda, so you see, it matches up pretty good.
And of course I'll first try making a BRSAR that has all of M2's SFX and Voices for Lucario.
But now I gotta study, bye!
EDIT: Change plans, NOT Sheik, cause it would be hard to hex to characters to have all the SFX and Voices, so I'll just keep working on Lucario, though I really hate the fact that he has Aura in his hands... Isn't there a way to remove it?
O.o I thought it was already removed.
-DD

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Idk if i have an earlier model, but do mewtwo's moves have low priority? because i can barely get a hit in, and when i do it's big, so i only get three shots in one match, but the other guy still dies. also, has the Down-b been changed yet? because i still don't know what it does. i'm in favor of the bubble shield.

It looks awesome though. love it. ;)

EDIT: oh, and can we have the down aerial from lucario back(the one that he does like a double stomp)? i like that alot more than his flipping. although i really love the forward aerial.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Here's something I said on PSA submission thread, and it's true:

I'm beginning to hate hacking.. As you can notice I'm not on most of the time...
I think I'm gonna get back to competitive battling.
Yes I hate to make this a big post but I...
I gave up hacking.
You see, I'm so busy with other things, mostly religion, which I can't give up just cause I "Gotta finish this hack!" "Upload that" "Download that" "Test that" "Put in sound effects" "Fix animations"...
All that stuff doesn't make me happy at all... And I just figured out why.. It's cause.. Well I get bored, and I always think "It needs more work".
And that's the main reason.
Another reason would be cause Pokemon Competitive Battling, is WAY more fun, needs WAY more thinking and predicting, and WAY less time, a battle on the average takes 25 minutes, and one battle in enough for a day or two, so that's a lot of time I'm wasting on hacking.
Now.. I can just wait till SSB4 comes out... That is if they plan on doing one. And if it doesn't have Mewtwo, I don't think I'm even gonna play it... YES I'M SERIOUS!
Anyways, good bye Smash World, though I might check here every now and then, still.. Goodbye.

"And Peace be upon those who follow the guidance"

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
That's cool man. I'm considering giving up hacking too. Also can anyone tell me what this new vertex hacking method is? Cause i think I've seen a screenshot of it and if I'm right, it looks amazing!

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
D: Aww.
Okay then, thanks for the help!
-DD
Hmm...
Maybe I'll upload the new Shadow Ball I made as a last thing.
It has a new animation (Made it from scratch), Its size is double Aura Sphere's size, and I fixed the size in PSA, and I think I'll also fix the main action for the throw, I'll try and make it go to one of the SubActions for the Article, so that you can have fixed damage and knockback.
But that will cause it to have the same damage even if you use the smallest Shadow Ball.
So I'll most likely just fix the knockback, NOT the damage, cause it's impossible for me to do.
That is all.
As for the sound effects, I'll PM you about that.
I hope you guys accept this as my last work on SSBB.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Hmm...
Maybe I'll upload the new Shadow Ball I made as a last thing.
It has a new animation (Made it from scratch), Its size is double Aura Sphere's size, and I fixed the size in PSA, and I think I'll also fix the main action for the throw, I'll try and make it go to one of the SubActions for the Article, so that you can have fixed damage and knockback.
But that will cause it to have the same damage even if you use the smallest Shadow Ball.
So I'll most likely just fix the knockback, NOT the damage, cause it's impossible for me to do.
That is all.
As for the sound effects, I'll PM you about that.
I hope you guys accept this as my last work on SSBB.
Would you mind if I made a texture hack in our honor? Maybe a Golden Trophy Texture with your name on it on Lucario?

Blikosaur

Smash Rookie
I think This mewtwo would be alot better without the same special moveset that he had in melee, and he should be heavier as well, as that is one of the main reasons he bombed in melee(hes so easy to KO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom