• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
*Sigh*
Nobody has uploaded a video yet... Come ooooooon.....
Oh well, let's see... I'm gonna edit some stuff now.

EDIT: DD, I notice that you used intangibility on Side B, should I use super armor instead?
I kinda love super armor :3

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
He said if he had time.
He probably didn't have the time yet.
And I think that the new Side-B in the air should go into Special Fall after it's finished.
Hmm...
I'll see about it.
I've 85% perfected Mewtwo, he doesn't need much now, g2g to bed.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*Sigh*
Nobody has uploaded a video yet... Come ooooooon.....
Oh well, let's see... I'm gonna edit some stuff now.

EDIT: DD, I notice that you used intangibility on Side B, should I use super armor instead?
I kinda love super armor :3
Uhh, yeah, Super Armor sounds good.
xD

As for special fall after...I'm not sure its necessary, but we could put it in for now.
-DD

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
umm super armor like just being super armor no move because that could be easily spammable i mean it's one thing if its super armor with up b but super armor period?

taronmcgee

Smash Apprentice
i live in the 2D world well me and MrG@W That is
Just uploaded a video of most of Mewtwo's Melee animations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I21iz0LZPQM

I hope this helps. Also, sorry for the bad quality.
about time someone made the video lol but i think he wanted mewtwos victory poses also but no worry i got that cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqfC8KDKEs

it show all of his poses in both Japanese and eng and it also tell u what he saids in Japanese witch i found as a bouns lol

(note not my video)
Edit: j.a.p is a bad word or sumthing i was gonna use that so shorten Japanese...

Matteron

Smash Ace
where u geting at?
u can hear the sound effects in the video
Ya, but the quality is to poor, imagine, ripping low quality sound effects, probably having to make them even lower quality because of file size, it will turn out a mumbled blur of sound.(not sure if that makes sense.)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It might not be necessary, But Down-B in the air goes into Special Fall.
So either both Side-B and Down-B go into Special Fall or neither of them.
>.> Whats his DownB again?

umm super armor like just being super armor no move because that could be easily spammable i mean it's one thing if its super armor with up b but super armor period?
Don't worry your pretty little head about it.
We've got this covered.

-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Nonononononononnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
It's not to rip the SFX, it's to "know" what move has what SFX...
I have all the SFX of Mewtwo, and I don't need to rip any.
Does that make it clear?
And DD, we have to make a new idea for down b, or if you already have one ;P
Basically my idea didn't work. Yeah.
Oh and StarWaffle, any awesome animations lately? =)

UltRiX

Smash Cadet
Nahh..
THUNDAH WAVEZ
I'll TRY to make one. Not that hard -if it is Allah's willing-.
Isn't your Thunder Wave just Zelda's Side B? If so it'd be difficult to control since its initial direction will always be down.

Quick question, can Shadow Ball's charge affect any other moves? Kind of a wild idea I had involving the charge level of the ball to power up other moves

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Isn't your Thunder Wave just Zelda's Side B? If so it'd be difficult to control since its initial direction will always be down.

Quick question, can Shadow Ball's charge affect any other moves? Kind of a wild idea I had involving the charge level of the ball to power up other moves
The thunder wave I'm thinking of is like the Down Smash, but has Lucario's Ftilt (down) animation, and it paralyzes opponents.
And your idea is good, but very questionable, as it breaks up the whole "Mewtwo" thing, if you get what I mean.
But if you find a way to code it, or maybe TSON would, he's awesome at that stuff, then I might put it under "Alternate movesets", because, as I said, there's gonna be -if it is Allah's willing- many alternatives you can choose from.
From Shadow Ball, to movesets, to textures, etc.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
The thunder wave I'm thinking of is like the Down Smash, but has Lucario's Ftilt (down) animation, and it paralyzes opponents.
And your idea is good, but very questionable, as it breaks up the whole "Mewtwo" thing, if you get what I mean.
But if you find a way to code it, or maybe TSON would, he's awesome at that stuff, then I might put it under "Alternate movesets", because, as I said, there's gonna be -if it is Allah's willing- many alternatives you can choose from.
From Shadow Ball, to movesets, to textures, etc
HYES!!! that would be great!

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
How many still has to be done till it's all finished?
And wouldn't Thunder Wave stun the opponent like Zero Suit Samus' stun gun?
Exactly.
And idk, I might send the third Test Version, cause I don't see any flaws with me.
After the third test, if it is Allah's willing, I shall synchronize as much as I could from the videos I asked for, to the pack.
So all grapics, SFX and animations, will feel like melee.

HYES!!! that would be great!
Yep, I had that idea for a long time.
I have MANY ideas for Shadow Ball, some are hilarious (i.e. Shadow Ball = Goomba/Magikarp/Bidoof/Etc.)
So yeah :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:o I'm about to go on Vacation for a week, so if I have time to work I will.
So whoever has the most up-to-date Mewtwo, post it for me please. xD
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
:o I'm about to go on Vacation for a week, so if I have time to work I will.
So whoever has the most up-to-date Mewtwo, post it for me please. xD
-DD
When exactly? I'm working on Thunder Wave, to fully make it, I need more 10 minutes -if it is Allah's willing- to fully make it.
But I have to test it! So please wait 20 minutes.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
When exactly? I'm working on Thunder Wave, to fully make it, I need more 10 minutes -if it is Allah's willing- to fully make it.
But I have to test it! So please wait 20 minutes.
Yeah, anytime works. I'll have my laptop and hop on when I can.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*SIGH*
I found lots of bugs... I need to fix it so.. Yeah.
He doesn't dash anymore, his Down B doesn't do anything but damage, and lots of others.
xD Wtf?

You gotta save a different version after every little change, and mark what changes were made.
:p Makes for less bugs.
-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
xD Wtf?

You gotta save a different version after every little change, and mark what changes were made.
:p Makes for less bugs.
-DD
I actually note the bugs on my phone, then I come to fix them on my PC.
I didn't have internet yesterday, the whole area I live didn't for some reason, but oh well.
Alright, I'll go test the latest build.
Btw, I'm getting a glitch which if you quit or win a battle, the game freezes silently...
I'll see why is that.

EDIT: Finally, fixed nearly everything, I only have one thing to fix, it's easy.

EDITEDIT: Shall we release test version 3? I only need a few animations to release the final version.
So yeah :p

But of course, some stuff we should do before that:
1- (Me) make the Shadow Ball replacements, I just made bob omb and it works pretty well, it's actually amusing, and I have lots of others, if you have any ideas for this, please post, and if you have the model you're talking about, please link me!
2- (DD, Me, TSON, AGFP or DS22) Make the Down B.
3- (StarWaffle) Make these animations: DAir, Ottoto, cliff wait, Attack12, squat stuff, walk, and run.
4- (DD, Me, TSON, AGFP or DS22) Final Smash.
5- (Me) Win animations and taunts.
That is all that we need, I'll try to do what I have to do today, and I will prepare the pack for the final stuff (from portraits, to sound replacements, to alt textures, etc.).
So guys, please do what you can!

EDITLOL: It's getting really dead around here...
Anyways, My Mewtwo looks great, I decided to use deoxys' Hyper Beam as his Final Smash, respectively, but it'll be different.
Final Smash:
Mewtwo teleports (yes it has the teleportation SFX, and the GFX for it) up to the highest point of the stage... Damaging anyone in his teleportation trail, and the damage is really powerful BEWARE of it. But it doesn't have much knockback respectively.
Then he shoots a powerful lazor laser, it's electric based, and then the last one is darkness, and NO IT'S NOT BROKEN! It has the same knockback as Lucario.
So it's an awesome FS for Mewtwo.

I'll do some fixes -if it is Allah's willing- and upload Test Version 3.
TEAM MEWTWO!
Please work on Mewtwo Test Version 3 if you are working, yeah.

Oh and the Entry? Just leave it to me, I'm making it now.
Actually, I'm injecting the SFX for it so yeah :)
Last time, I replaced the "HEEEEEEEEEERRRYAAAA!" sound on the wiimote with Mewtwo's cry, which I ripped from a 4th gen game, this time, I'm replacing it with a better one from PBR, since PBR is a wii game, it has much better quality sounds than the 4th Gen ones. But of course it'll be reduced to 6khz but still, not that bad for a wiimote sound.
And second, his entry will -if it is Allah's willing- have the same SFX, but with the final smash echo, and 16khz, which is tons better than just 6k.
And in the final version, if it is Allah's willing, I'll try to provide a better way of SFX uploading.
Recently, stickman has made something called "Hex Packets", I wish someone could teach me how to make those....

AWESOMEEDIT: Alright injected the SFX, now to the animation...
LOL: Out of ideas for entry, though Lucario's entry looks good enough. What do you guys think?
And please don't kill this thread...

EPICEDIT: Everything looks awesome now, I just need the final smash model, which I already have actually, then -if it is Allah's willing- I'll post the...
PROJECT MEWTWO: TEST VERSION 3

taronmcgee

Smash Apprentice
i live in the 2D world well me and MrG@W That is
I actually note the bugs on my phone, then I come to fix them on my PC.
I didn't have internet yesterday, the whole area I live didn't for some reason, but oh well.
Alright, I'll go test the latest build.
Btw, I'm getting a glitch which if you quit or win a battle, the game freezes silently...
I'll see why is that.

EDIT: Finally, fixed nearly everything, I only have one thing to fix, it's easy.

EDITEDIT: Shall we release test version 3? I only need a few animations to release the final version.
So yeah :p

But of course, some stuff we should do before that:
1- (Me) make the Shadow Ball replacements, I just made bob omb and it works pretty well, it's actually amusing, and I have lots of others, if you have any ideas for this, please post, and if you have the model you're talking about, please link me!
2- (DD, Me, TSON, AGFP or DS22) Make the Down B.
3- (StarWaffle) Make these animations: DAir, Ottoto, cliff wait, Attack12, squat stuff, walk, and run.
4- (DD, Me, TSON, AGFP or DS22) Final Smash.
5- (Me) Win animations and taunts.
That is all that we need, I'll try to do what I have to do today, and I will prepare the pack for the final stuff (from portraits, to sound replacements, to alt textures, etc.).
So guys, please do what you can!

EDITLOL: It's getting really dead around here...
Anyways, My Mewtwo looks great, I decided to use deoxys' Hyper Beam as his Final Smash, respectively, but it'll be different.
Final Smash:
Mewtwo teleports (yes it has the teleportation SFX, and the GFX for it) up to the highest point of the stage... Damaging anyone in his teleportation trail, and the damage is really powerful BEWARE of it. But it doesn't have much knockback respectively.
Then he shoots a powerful lazor laser, it's electric based, and then the last one is darkness, and NO IT'S NOT BROKEN! It has the same knockback as Lucario.
So it's an awesome FS for Mewtwo.

I'll do some fixes -if it is Allah's willing- and upload Test Version 3.
TEAM MEWTWO!
Please work on Mewtwo Test Version 3 if you are working, yeah.

Oh and the Entry? Just leave it to me, I'm making it now.
Actually, I'm injecting the SFX for it so yeah :)
Last time, I replaced the "HEEEEEEEEEERRRYAAAA!" sound on the wiimote with Mewtwo's cry, which I ripped from a 4th gen game, this time, I'm replacing it with a better one from PBR, since PBR is a wii game, it has much better quality sounds than the 4th Gen ones. But of course it'll be reduced to 6khz but still, not that bad for a wiimote sound.
And second, his entry will -if it is Allah's willing- have the same SFX, but with the final smash echo, and 16khz, which is tons better than just 6k.
And in the final version, if it is Allah's willing, I'll try to provide a better way of SFX uploading.
Recently, stickman has made something called "Hex Packets", I wish someone could teach me how to make those....

AWESOMEEDIT: Alright injected the SFX, now to the animation...
LOL: Out of ideas for entry, though Lucario's entry looks good enough. What do you guys think?
And please don't kill this thread...

EPICEDIT: Everything looks awesome now, I just need the final smash model, which I already have actually, then -if it is Allah's willing- I'll post the...
PROJECT MEWTWO: TEST VERSION 3

niice work can't wait

ds22

Smash Lord
I like the most of it (especially his new F Throw).

What I don't like are these things:
The new WalkSlow animation.
No knockback on Down-B and Down-B on ground is weird located (still unfinished I suppose).

That's all for now. (but when are we going to add Mewtwo's Melee Physics?)

draco494

Smash Rookie
Loving the new mewtwo man great work to all involved.
I am confused at exactly what down b does tho.
And him nodding his head during his walkslow is funny...

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I like the most of it (especially his new F Throw).

What I don't like are these things:
The new WalkSlow animation.
No knockback on Down-B and Down-B on ground is weird located (still unfinished I suppose).

That's all for now.
Yep, unfinished.
For some reason, it only does damage without knockback.. Why is that, idk.
The walkslow animation is a fail attempt to mimic the melee one.

AWESOME cant wait to test it out
(oh yea i got a new wii from a friend of mine :))
Awesome, he must be really nice :)
Or maybe doesn't like wiis?

Loving the new mewtwo man great work to all involved.
I am confused at exactly what down b does tho.
And him nodding his head during his walkslow is funny...
Heh, I though so, so these are the only things you guys don't like? Cause these will be easy to fix -if it is Allah's willing.-

I should really note that I'm annoyed with Down B, I still don't know what's wrong with it.
I'll check the older versions of our Mewtwo to see..
Maybe if I use the older versions' hotboxes it will work?
Hmm...

EDIT: Oops forgot to fix the win animation being so high, oh well, in the final version -if it is Allah's willing.-

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
just some things I wanted to say gameplay-wise (I do hope you intend to balance things after the rest is finished)
-spamming dtilt and utilt is too viable an option, slightly upping the knockback so at anything other than the lowest percents the moves dont combo into each other should work
-psycho cut isnt very useful, other than pressuring shields and stopping wizkicks I find it doesnt serve much of a purpose. Perhaps making the move stay out slightly longer, allowing you to move slightly before it ends, would help. Or perhaps make it better at breaking shields, or hell, it even looks like something that might reflect projectiles (*cough*pit'ssideb*cough*) perhaps you could make it do that
*shrugs*
I dont know, just throwing things out there, I've been lurking this topic since PSA came out and now I figure I might as well say a thing or two
anyway, hopefully you listened to what I had to say, I may chime in again in the future

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
oh, and what's the point of adding special fall to upB? You want to make a balanced character and special fall has already been removed from many recovery moves *cough*lucario*cough* to buff them
if this is intended to be played in B+ you want mewtwo to be viable
also, if downB will be intended to stun enemies, wouldnt putting you into special fall make it useless, seeing as you wouldnt be able to hit them while they're stunned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom