• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, I fixed up the OP for you guys. I'll make screenshots and upload a new pac for you guys soon.

Just gotta run some tests on a possible confusion build after I move into my dorm tomorrow. Yay college.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What is a DJC?

DD will it be possible to use a model hack with Brawl+? So we can use a model hack with yur mewtwo.
DJC is Double Jump Cancel, and it has already been implemented in the latest set...its just a little too strong, and I've lightened it up a little for the next build to be released.

As for model hacking, I can not give you any definite answers on that because not much is known about the capabilities of the model hacking at the moment. The ideal is that yes, model hacks and Mewtwo will be compatible with Brawl+. If not, I'll find a creative work-around.
-DD

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to lower mewtwo's traction? Watching the videos, he seems to have lost those quirky slipping and sliding motions that made him so fun to play. D:

BG3

Smash Journeyman
UThrow and Nair seem perfect. However his disable animation(Lucario's Dtaunt) is not like Mewtwo.....at all. Is it possible you could change this to be more similar to his Melee version? Or has that been tried already? I suggest when model hacking becomes a reality, you should use Ganondorf's Utaunt as Mewtwo's (Since that is the most similar)

the0person0of03

Smash Rookie
I didn't even like him in melee, now you dumb ***** are making a .pac of him?! F**K y'all.
How was my hater impression?
Naw, I'm all for this.
Although(plz don't kill me<.<), I would like to see an upgrade to newer generations. I.E. a Hyper beam/Psybeam/Psychic thing as Neutral Special. Just saying, at least 1 thing needs to be MEGA upgraded.

Peace Out - Helping if I can
Thre3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
UThrow and Nair seem perfect. However his disable animation(Lucario's Dtaunt) is not like Mewtwo.....at all. Is it possible you could change this to be more similar to his Melee version? Or has that been tried already? I suggest when model hacking becomes a reality, you should use Ganondorf's Utaunt as Mewtwo's (Since that is the most similar)
o_o I needed to use something to fill up space, and taunts are the only thing Lucario has a lot of frames in.

Would it be possible to lower mewtwo's traction? Watching the videos, he seems to have lost those quirky slipping and sliding motions that made him so fun to play. D:
Eh...I'll look into that...but that sliding motion was just animation I'm pretty sure...
-DD

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
DarkDragoon; I'm working on making Confusion like Mario's cape said:
What are IASA frames? Sorry If I sound like a noob and Mario's cape for Confusion sounds good

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
DD, somebody found a way to get a better djc...its in the nightlies thread
BK, it stands for Interruptable As Soon As. It's a frame window that allows you to cancel a move into another move before the first move ends, and is used for stuff like most jabs (cancel the 1st hit into the second before the first normally would end) and some specials, like Dancing Blade.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, will you be using Camelot's version of djc? It seems to work very well.
DD, somebody found a way to get a better djc...its in the nightlies thread
o_o Whoa, you guys are right, it is better. Never thought of doing it that way...just because it felt like a different way of doing it...but it has a lot more control.

EXPECT IT IN THE NEXT RELEASE!

So how'd the combination of the m2s go darkdragoon? :D
:D Hasn't really happened yet. I just sorta told him what I was going to take and that we're working together now.

I'm a bossy-butt.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hate to double post but stupid topics knocked this one to page 2.

Anyhow, I added Camelot's DJC, which, even though has the exact same effect as mine, is a much cleaner and simpler code.
*claps for Camelot*

Also, I got confusion working! Its kinda buggy though, working out the kinks now.

Also, Down Smash keeps being really weak...and I don't understand why.

Also, working out the final details of Disable...and getting sick of "Allow Interrupt" not working -3-;

Sorry I'm not releasing the fixed Pac tonight, but moving into my dorm today was a bit more rough than I thought it would be. x3x;;

Okay, I need to just find an all new animation for disable...I can't get the interrupt to work right. >=[!

Also, confusion is still a little wonky. Should have it all ironed out tomorrow.

-DD

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Glad you're changing disable. That stance of Lucario's dtaunt was very un Mewtwo like anyways.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Yo DD, I've been busy recently but I've started working on that bone list today. I just found the tail IDs, it starts at 13 and ends at 16. I've taken some screenshots so you see what ID is which part of the tail.

I'll PM you the complete list once it's done.

EDIT: Strange I'm at 37 now and didn't get any bone of the right arm/leg but when I tried 38 and 39 the game froze.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yo DD, I've been busy recently but I've started working on that bone list today. I just found the tail IDs, it starts at 13 and ends at 16. I've taken some screenshots so you see what ID is which part of the tail.

I'll PM you the complete list once it's done.

EDIT: Strange I'm at 37 now and didn't get any bone of the right arm/leg but when I tried 38 and 39 the game froze.
omg I love you so much!

Also, 37 might be a bone for like...one of his projectiles? 38 & 39 probably cause freezing because 36[37] was the last bone and 38 & 39 are giving you a "object not found" kind of error, and freeze.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Haha awesome, Nair looks great, faster teleport?
DX Teleport is already really quick.

Plus, if I change the frame count it will change the distance.

Also, will have the pac out tonight for sure this time, sorry about the delay, college orientation is busy =3=;;
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey DD, did you update the OP information regarding throws?
I was just working on those nasty little buggers. They're such pains. =3=;; DThrow is pretty good, might reduce BKB though. UThrow is always good. BThrow and FThrow are just gonna stay around the same specs. Maybe buff BThrow to higher angle/KBG.

I got a good ending lag for Disable, and confusion works!

Thanks to DragonRage's research and some guy over at KittyCorp's work, Aura Sphere now looks like Shadowball. Also, I finally put DragonRage's really sexy NAir gfx in, so now the hitboxes are no longer visible, and it looks like the melee attack.

Update is happening tonight guys, brace yourselves! Its gonna rock >=]!
-DD

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah forget to mention the guy who made the shadowball texture was RoyMaster4.

I'm almost done with the bone list, looks like I got all of them this time (searched 0A-0F; 1A-1F; 2A-2F). I'm just somewhat confused about the right and left arm not having the same bones. I found multiple finger bones for the left but the right had only one, seems like I need to check those again.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
awesomesauce, can't wait :D

@DD: OH, forgot to ask you about teleport. You know how Enigma has that "safety" thing for his teleport where u can tele off the ground and then do another one immediately after? Have you implemented that into ur m2's moveset? You should definitely consider it if you haven't done it yet...it looks/feels super dbz-ish XD

Edit: On the OP, it says you don't have Mewtwo's weight and speed among other missing attributes. Here's what I found on a thread by Mew2King:

Weight - measures how far characters get knocked HORIZONTALLY, or left and right. This list I tested from the Mushroom Kingdom 2 weight scale. Also someone helped me with this by RATING the weights (Mario = 100, a.k.a. average), which is shown on the far left side. I rechecked his work and fixed the mistakes in it, and here is the list.

--- 117 --- (1) Bowser
--- 114 --- (2) DK
--- 110 --- (3) Samus
--- 109 --- (4) Ganondorf
--- 108 --- (5) Yoshi
--- 104 --- (6-7) Captain Falcon / Link
--- 100 --- (8-10) Dr. Mario / Luigi / Mario
--- 94 --- (11) Ness
--- 90 --- (12-14) Peach / Sheik / Zelda
--- 88 --- (15) Ice Climbers
--- 87 --- (16) Marth
--- 85 --- (17-19) Mewtwo / Roy / Young Link
--- 80 --- (20-21) Falco / Pikachu
--- 75 --- (22) Fox
--- 70 --- (23) Kirby
--- 60 --- (24-25) Jigglypuff / Mr. Game & Watch
--- 55 --- (26) Pichu

I'm sure there is a lot more info on other attributes, I'm not going to post them all. Here's the link to the thread if you need it:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=30064

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
awesomesauce, can't wait :D

@DD: OH, forgot to ask you about teleport. You know how Enigma has that "safety" thing for his teleport where u can tele off the ground and then do another one immediately after? Have you implemented that into ur m2's moveset? You should definitely consider it if you haven't done it yet...it looks/feels super dbz-ish XD
Uhh...I've had that in since day one. He took it from me or Brawl+ Lucario, because that's just the "no special fall" code.

Edit: On the OP, it says you don't have Mewtwo's weight and speed among other missing attributes. Here's what I found on a thread by Mew2King:

Weight - measures how far characters get knocked HORIZONTALLY, or left and right. This list I tested from the Mushroom Kingdom 2 weight scale. Also someone helped me with this by RATING the weights (Mario = 100, a.k.a. average), which is shown on the far left side. I rechecked his work and fixed the mistakes in it, and here is the list.

--- 117 --- (1) Bowser
--- 114 --- (2) DK
--- 110 --- (3) Samus
--- 109 --- (4) Ganondorf
--- 108 --- (5) Yoshi
--- 104 --- (6-7) Captain Falcon / Link
--- 100 --- (8-10) Dr. Mario / Luigi / Mario
--- 94 --- (11) Ness
--- 90 --- (12-14) Peach / Sheik / Zelda
--- 88 --- (15) Ice Climbers
--- 87 --- (16) Marth
--- 85 --- (17-19) Mewtwo / Roy / Young Link
--- 80 --- (20-21) Falco / Pikachu
--- 75 --- (22) Fox
--- 70 --- (23) Kirby
--- 60 --- (24-25) Jigglypuff / Mr. Game & Watch
--- 55 --- (26) Pichu

I'm sure there is a lot more info on other attributes, I'm not going to post them all. Here's the link to the thread if you need it:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=30064
Yea, we pumped Mewtwo's weight up...because he was too light and large...it just didn't make sense.

I'll add those to the OP right now.

@Dragonrage:
Well, as long as you have the general structure of each arm, then it should be all set for me. I just want to assign hitboxes to the bones they belong to for moves like FAir, DAir, etc., so they act more fluid.
-DD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
things that should be changed:
why is his dash like that? it was crap in melee.
dmsah should hit out farther from him
fsmash needs to have slightly less BKB
the hitboxes for nair should be closer in
diable and confusion currently only work directly in front of him. both should hit approximately one mewtwo in front of him (give or take a foot or two)

there's other stuff, but these are the major things right now.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
things that should be changed:
why is his dash like that? it was crap in melee.
dmsah should hit out farther from him
fsmash needs to have slightly less BKB
the hitboxes for nair should be closer in
diable and confusion currently only work directly in front of him. both should hit approximately one mewtwo in front of him (give or take a foot or two)

there's other stuff, but these are the major things right now.
Dash - Attack or speed? Attack has more IASA frames, it is useful now. Dash is just Lucario's base speed I think...maybe a little more.

DSmash - Fixed.

FSmash - Uhh..current BKB is 25[19 in hex]...so like...that's pretty low.

NAir - They're fine as they are now, basically aligned with his head and toes.

Disable - Fixed.

Confusion - It shouldn't even work in the version you have o.O? Anyways, that is fixed too.

-DD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Dash - Attack or speed? Attack has more IASA frames, it is useful now. Dash is just Lucario's base speed I think...maybe a little more.

Confusion - It shouldn't even work in the version you have o.O? Anyways, that is fixed too.

-DD
the speed/how far he slides are just too fast/far.

confusion works in the air, but not on the ground.

i brought up nair because the graphics seem really far away from him right now, whether or not they actually were that distance in melee. if you want to leave the hitboxes out that far then move the GFX in closer/make a single, large GFX in him. it would look more like his nair in melee.

edit: he also feels like he can run too fast. he should have mediocre ground movement and good aerial movement. right now his aerial movement is also a little too free. what numbers are you using? maybe take lucas/ness's and make it slightly higher.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
the speed/how far he slides are just too fast/far.

confusion works in the air, but not on the ground.

i brought up nair because the graphics seem really far away from him right now, whether or not they actually were that distance in melee. if you want to leave the hitboxes out that far then move the GFX in closer/make a single, large GFX in him. it would look more like his nair in melee.

edit: he also feels like he can run too fast. he should have mediocre ground movement and good aerial movement. right now his aerial movement is also a little too free. what numbers are you using? maybe take lucas/ness's and make it slightly higher.
And confusion works like Mario's cape now! Yay!

NAir's hitboxes really were like that in Melee. They surprised me too. The GFX is changed now though. The GFX I've had so far was just to keep track of hitboxes and I never got around to making the cosmetic change.

o.O What? Mewtwo would go across 1/3rd of Melee FD with dash attack. Granted, this one IS faster, but I haven't gotten into the Frame speed modifiers yet...but I can try to slow it down...and I guess it will probably adjust the distance too...
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
o.O What? Mewtwo would go across 1/3rd of Melee FD with dash attack. Granted, this one IS faster, but I haven't gotten into the Frame speed modifiers yet...but I can try to slow it down...and I guess it will probably adjust the distance too...
-DD
I thought you can't make adjustments to frame speeds with PSA...wouldn't you have to adjust the text code itself in order to do that? At least, that's what has to be done for Roy anyways.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
well excuuse me princess.:psycho:

@DD: Mediafire is down =( , you're gonna have to megaupload ur shiz
WHOA. Mediafire is in fact, not down. I'm running the final tests now and it should be ready in an hour or two.
-DD

netrunui

Smash Cadet
great progress, I'll post the videos of the next beta when it's out, because I just finished my many orientations for college,

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b80bd02d0e4da67d1014a7a667fa2b43360bca2747d3e5cb8eada0a1ae8665a
Okay! Here is beta 0.4.1!
I'm going to take screenshots and make a youtube video later. Until then you guys are free to test/film/ignore this as you wish.

----------------------
I'm gonna work on a lot of graphical upgrades next, so unless there is something extremely unbalanced about any move, or something terribly wrong, then give me some ideas of what you guys think would work out with these attacks, if anything is missing.

And after that I'll release it as 0.5, and then work on the model importation for 1.0.

HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!
-DD

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b80bd02d0e4da67d1014a7a667fa2b43360bca2747d3e5cb8eada0a1ae8665a
Okay! Here is beta 0.4.1!
I'm going to take screenshots and make a youtube video later. Until then you guys are free to test/film/ignore this as you wish.

----------------------
I'm gonna work on a lot of graphical upgrades next, so unless there is something extremely unbalanced about any move, or something terribly wrong, then give me some ideas of what you guys think would work out with these attacks, if anything is missing.

And after that I'll release it as 0.5, and then work on the model importation for 1.0.

HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!
-DD
Looks cool, ill be sure to try it out later. Keep up the good work!

netrunui

Smash Cadet
a few comments on the new moveset:
1. amazing job this is awesome
2. the side B does reflect but is extremely hard to do (maybe because I'm using it on normal brawl
I only got about 5 reflects out of 60, It is easier to reflect shadowballs than anyone else's projectiles, samus's are almost impossible (partially because of the dark/ ice samus moveset I used.
3. Hopefully on beta 5 it will be easier to use.
4. BTW I don't just suck at brawl, I've been playing since the first day the original came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom