• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cookiem0nster: Yeah, but nobody liked that, so we changed it. We went over that already.

Anyway, just some small things I've noticed while playing that haven't been pointed out yet...

Wisp, the new PSA Jiggs replacement, has this weird grab issue. It seems that if any normal, i.e, unedited character, grabs it, it dissapears. But if Mewtwo grabs it, it only dissapears briefly when you throw it.

Confusion actually has some IASA frames if you use it while airborne. I've done Nairs out of it.

It'd be nice if his second jump also had the little Psy sparkle thingies. :D
And if Fair had the slashy noise. :D

I've noticed that if you use Teleport, and you hit an obstacle, say, for instance, the lip of FD, when you fall, you're not in your falling animation, but rather your idle animation. Weird.

Also, if you use Disable on Pikachu, when he would normally be in his "shaking it off" animation, he goes into his T-stance. o.O

With Teleport, if you use it while grounded, you can instantly grab, jab, tilt, shield, etc. out of it. Also, if you do a SH then immediatelly use Teleport and angle it diagonally down, if you do it juuuuuust right, Mewtwo will leave the little sparkle behind, and slide a good distance in his "landing out of an aerial Teleport" stance.

More to come later.

netrunui

Smash Cadet
I actually noticed that teleport glitch and posted it a while back but no one responded

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I think this looks really good!

I'm not so sure if he'd play like Mewtwo, though, in the absence of WDing. Maybe give him low traction and a very short initial dash for dash cancels?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
...but in Melee, it just sent it in the other direction. Test it out if you want. :/
>_> I would make it like that, even though its useless, but there are no flags for projectile ownership...so I can't do that.

Besides, its nice to actually have a use.

@cookiem0nster: Yeah, but nobody liked that, so we changed it. We went over that already.

Anyway, just some small things I've noticed while playing that haven't been pointed out yet...

Wisp, the new PSA Jiggs replacement, has this weird grab issue. It seems that if any normal, i.e, unedited character, grabs it, it dissapears. But if Mewtwo grabs it, it only dissapears briefly when you throw it.

Lol? Wisp is so buggy.

Confusion actually has some IASA frames if you use it while airborne. I've done Nairs out of it.

Like it? Nothing like making it a good approach.

It'd be nice if his second jump also had the little Psy sparkle thingies. :D
And if Fair had the slashy noise. :D

Will do!
I've noticed that if you use Teleport, and you hit an obstacle, say, for instance, the lip of FD, when you fall, you're not in your falling animation, but rather your idle animation. Weird.
Yea...I'll fix that.

Also, if you use Disable on Pikachu, when he would normally be in his "shaking it off" animation, he goes into his T-stance. o.O
Wtf? Let me see*runs off to test*
Nope. Mine doesn't. You messed with something.

With Teleport, if you use it while grounded, you can instantly grab, jab, tilt, shield, etc. out of it. Also, if you do a SH then immediatelly use Teleport and angle it diagonally down, if you do it juuuuuust right, Mewtwo will leave the little sparkle behind, and slide a good distance in his "landing out of an aerial Teleport" stance.

Well...that's just momentum transfer. I can set it so he stick to the spot he lands if you want. I liked the slide personally.
More to come later.
Comments in bold.
-DD

Nah, I didn't mess with anything. It happened on Delfino, so that might be it.

And about the slide, I like it too. :D I just thought I'd point that out.

Another thing I've noticed...
In USmash, the very edges have this small electric hitbox. I can usually only land it if I Hyphen-Smash, and it draws the opponent into the main dark hitbox. Just another lil thing. It's cool, I think we should expand on that. Maybe make the hitbox a little bigger so it's more noticable and useful? I mean, if that's even possible.

EDIT* http://www.patriotmods.com/brawlhacks/utilities/ais_0.1.1.exe
Could this model extractor be of any use to Project Mewtwo?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nah, I didn't mess with anything. It happened on Delfino, so that might be it.

And about the slide, I like it too. :D I just thought I'd point that out.

Another thing I've noticed...
In USmash, the very edges have this small electric hitbox. I can usually only land it if I Hyphen-Smash, and it draws the opponent into the main dark hitbox. Just another lil thing. It's cool, I think we should expand on that. Maybe make the hitbox a little bigger so it's more noticable and useful? I mean, if that's even possible.

EDIT* http://www.patriotmods.com/brawlhacks/utilities/ais_0.1.1.exe
Could this model extractor be of any use to Project Mewtwo?
Thanks, but I put that electric hitbox there to punish people who try to DI Down, or for short characters to be knocked into the darkness, its just something to make the attack more useful, it doesn't need a buff.

and that model extractor is out dated, and I'm waiting on the model importer from Pharrox.
-DD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like the edits so far, but his throws seem... well, weak. uthrow is definitely not as good a kill move as before (doesn't kill most characters till around 150%). same with bthrow, but to a lesser extent (maybe send it at a higher 45 degree angle).

i can't recal right now, but does confusion currently cause a slight pause in the air? i know in melee when he did it in the air he stopped falling during the initial attack and i can't remember if you implemented that or not.

additionally, his up b currently makes him fall in his standing animation. just an FYI there.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i like the edits so far, but his throws seem... well, weak. uthrow is definitely not as good a kill move as before (doesn't kill most characters till around 150%). same with bthrow, but to a lesser extent (maybe send it at a higher 45 degree angle).

i can't recal right now, but does confusion currently cause a slight pause in the air? i know in melee when he did it in the air he stopped falling during the initial attack and i can't remember if you implemented that or not.

additionally, his up currently makes him fall in his standing animation. just an FYI there.
Yea, working throws is really stupid sometimes...I still need to figure out why DSmash fails so badly too...

Confusion *doesn't* do that right now, I'll have that amended, and it will act like his Aerial disable too.

and his up b is doing that? In which case I need to look over all of his landings/ending and make sure they have change action "E" or w/e fall is.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think this looks really good!

I'm not so sure if he'd play like Mewtwo, though, in the absence of WDing. Maybe give him low traction and a very short initial dash for dash cancels?
My bad for missing you clonehat. Know what values to change to lower traction? I can do the dash-cancel thing no problem, and that's a pretty good idea.

Also, I left Mewtwo Level 9 fighting Random Level 9...and Mewtwo wasn't winning a lot. He was getting some wicked awesome combos going...confusion is a beast for setups.

But yea, let the NPC play Mewtwo and you'll get an idea how Mewtwo should play in Brawl+. I can't say the same for v or bBrawl, but we'll start taking notes on that now for modifications to be made for adjustments between codesets.
-DD

Viper54

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to brawl+ and im able to get all of the textures to work, but I don't know how to get the new movesets for guys like mewtwo and roy. Can someone help me out?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to brawl+ and im able to get all of the textures to work, but I don't know how to get the new movesets for guys like mewtwo and roy. Can someone help me out?
Yea, rename the file you download for the moveset hack to "Fit[basecharacter].pac"
So, if you were using Mewtwo, you'd name the file "FitLucario.pac", and place it in the same folder as your texture hacks for Lucario.

Roy would be FitMarth.pac, Wisp is FitPurin.pac, etc.
-DD

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I don't know about changing traction with PSA, but it's been done to Falcon in a Nightly Build. There's a traction code somewhere...

And please try to make the throws like in Melee in the next build. I know you can't do fthrow, but let's see some dtilt and dthrow combos, and a bthrow that destroys fast fallers. Sorry if this is already there, I'm just judging by the video. I'm gonna try this real soon.

One last thing. Uthrow should be really strong. Just not that fast!

Keep up the good work!

Moar lil bits and thoughts;

I'm not sure if it was just a one time gimmick or whatever, but I was fighting a computer lvl nine Peach, and we where both close to edge. I USmashed, and the electric hitbox seemed to drive Peach down until she was under the lip of BF. It was a gimp! Is the electric hitbox a semi-spike?

Another thing I've noticed about USmash, is that it seems that 90% of the time, it isn't ranged enough to hit an opponent from under a platfrom in BF. Maybe we could give it a slight vertical range boost.

You know how three of Mewtwo's aerials are derived from ground-based animations? Well, it seems that you have slightly better controll of your lateral aerial movement. This got me to thinking about Mewtwo's ideal playstyle. PSA M2 should have smooth, mainly aerial based gameplay. For example, I've done a little trick where I Teleported onto the edge of a platform, but he seamlessly fell into an Uair, and THAT seamlessly transitioned into an USmash. Focus on Nair, Fair, and Uair, as these can easily fall into platforms(if you are using a rising aerial) and lead into either more aerials or tilts.

I've been thinking about Mewtwo's UTilt.... maybe, since his UTilt animation is already used in his Uair, we could replace his UTilt with the taunt where electricity flashes, and he teleports slightly in the air. We could give the lightning a, well, electric hitbox, and his body a darkness hitbox. It'd look really cool, and would be a nice change of pace for people who love using Up attacks.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't know about changing traction with PSA, but it's been done to Falcon in a Nightly Build. There's a traction code somewhere...

And please try to make the throws like in Melee in the next build. I know you can't do fthrow, but let's see some dtilt and dthrow combos, and a bthrow that destroys fast fallers. Sorry if this is already there, I'm just judging by the video. I'm gonna try this real soon.

One last thing. Uthrow should be really strong. Just not that fast!

Keep up the good work!
:3 I haven't made a new video yet, I'll do it tonight. The one you're watching is old!

Moar lil bits and thoughts;

I'm not sure if it was just a one time gimmick or whatever, but I was fighting a computer lvl nine Peach, and we where both close to edge. I USmashed, and the electric hitbox seemed to drive Peach down until she was under the lip of BF. It was a gimp! Is the electric hitbox a semi-spike?

Uh, the Peach probably just DI'd down or into the stage and got semi-spiked that way. It should be sending up and in...

Another thing I've noticed about USmash, is that it seems that 90% of the time, it isn't ranged enough to hit an opponent from under a platfrom in BF. Maybe we could give it a slight vertical range boost.

Yea, I noticed that too, gonna fix it.

You know how three of Mewtwo's aerials are derived from ground-based animations? Well, it seems that you have slightly better controll of your lateral aerial movement. This got me to thinking about Mewtwo's ideal playstyle. PSA M2 should have smooth, mainly aerial based gameplay. For example, I've done a little trick where I Teleported onto the edge of a platform, but he seamlessly fell into an Uair, and THAT seamlessly transitioned into an USmash. Focus on Nair, Fair, and Uair, as these can easily fall into platforms(if you are using a rising aerial) and lead into either more aerials or tilts.

I can agree with this.

I've been thinking about Mewtwo's UTilt.... maybe, since his UTilt animation is already used in his Uair, we could replace his UTilt with the taunt where electricity flashes, and he teleports slightly in the air. We could give the lightning a, well, electric hitbox, and his body a darkness hitbox. It'd look really cool, and would be a nice change of pace for people who love using Up attacks.

Uhh...well...the thing is that Melee Mewtwo had a upwards tail whip for UTilt and UAir...and that animation was the best I could do. I don't feel like making radical changes like that at this point in time, but I will design another Mewtwo moveset after I get a model imported, just to see how I like it.
Comments in bold.
-DD

Some small tips....

If you do an immediate DJC to Bair/Fair, the hitbox seems to "streak". That is, it'll form a sort of wall, and will ALWAYS be able to hit nearby grounded opponents. This can be done with all his aerials, but it's most useful with Bair and Fair.

Uair is very interesting. It has great autocancel frames, and can hit even a grounded Kirby. To get the autocancel, simply make sure to land sometimes in the opening frames. A good scenario would be UTilt->ACUair->any aerial/UTilt/Smash. I'm thinking Nair and Fair should also have autocancel frames, as they are derived from grounded animations, but I'll have to test it right now.

Something that's been bothering me about Confusion is that it's, well, confusing. What I mean is that I can't consistently use it to reflect projectiles. Do the reflection frames kick in when he waves his hand, or when the Psysparkle appears? It'd be nice if those two animations where synchronized.

One last thing for now: it would be a good idea to do what someone had previouslysuggested, to find some way to make aerials give you a small upwards boost if used at the peak of the first/second jump. I say this because it's nearly impossible to follow up an UThrow at low percentages with Nair, and to get all the sparks to connect. I'm not sure if the boost should be added on the first or second jump. The first jump so you don't DJC, which is what's happening to me, or the second jump, because it won't make much of a difference to people who like to DJC, as there isn't anything to cancel at the zenith of the jump.

/walloftext

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Hey dd, i tested M2 thoroughly and i cant tell how impressed i am! Such a fast time for such a great improvement! I cant beleive u even got DJC to work! Here are my suggestions/ideas:

1. M2 doesnt get the dmg he deserves. Up throw does a mere 5 dmg, i thin it should be 9 to 12. F throw should give most followed by up throw. D throw should prob be weakest and b throw 2nd weakest. shadowclaw, 5 dmg!!? This is absurd :p. Rest is fine.

2. D smash is ridiculously weak, it barely shoves them! Should be like, better than f smash.

3. D throw pushes them too far. It should almost force a tech but closer.

4. Up air is a litle powerful for how little dmg it does. I mean. Its 5x more effective killer than shadowclaw. I dont mind, i sorda like it but it shouldnt have so much power low %.

5. Djc is amazing, but is there a prob in coding it to an extent? Cant djc fast and low to the ground. Like if u jump, jump again, and try to cancel it (in a really fast motion), it will do the full double jump without canceling. so basically, u can't get the djc shorter or as short as m2's short hop.

6. too soon to tell, but my opinion is shadow claw should be faster and not last as long with the hitboxes, also small hitbox and some more range.

7. Down-air is really sloppy. And there is nothing special atm about back air. It has little knockback but too little stun for comboing. It is slow to come out and not fast to finish. It has average+ landing lag. It's just a boring move :pP. Hope for a new animation too.

8. ahh, i know i say this a lot but how come shadowball is still not pushing lucario back much ^_^"

9. Lucario is still gaining power for how much % he has. Is there anyway to disable this?

10. pleease, helplessness after up b :). PLEASE. U know how far/high he can get with up b -> double jump?? In adition, he can ATTACK after!! M2's recovery is OUTSTANDING it even auto grabs the edge which i think he shouldnt even have. If an enemy were to edgehog, m2 has outstanding air mobility and easily can just turn onto ledge. +, the teleport goes so far and is such a safe move that you are not limited to trying to grab the ledge. So please, give me a reason why he should not have helplessness, m2=/=Lucario!!

That about sums it i think, i prob missed some but oh well, i love this Mewtwo great job once again, this list is NOT complaints :)

netrunui

Smash Cadet
I changed my avatar to a pic I just took, btw I have a video or 2 of the new mewtwo I'll upload tonight :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I changed my avatar to a pic I just took, btw I have a video or 2 of the new mewtwo I'll upload tonight :)
Yay! I've been busy but I'll get an official movie and some screenies out later today.

Hey dd, i tested M2 thoroughly and i cant tell how impressed i am! Such a fast time for such a great improvement! I cant beleive u even got DJC to work! Here are my suggestions/ideas:

1. M2 doesnt get the dmg he deserves. Up throw does a mere 5 dmg, i thin it should be 9 to 12. F throw should give most followed by up throw. D throw should prob be weakest and b throw 2nd weakest. shadowclaw, 5 dmg!!? This is absurd :p. Rest is fine.

I know, I'll get on that those.

2. D smash is ridiculously weak, it barely shoves them! Should be like, better than f smash.

I still have no idea why it keeps doing that to me either. Its starting to piss me off.

3. D throw pushes them too far. It should almost force a tech but closer.

Fixing~
4. Up air is a litle powerful for how little dmg it does. I mean. Its 5x more effective killer than shadowclaw. I dont mind, i sorda like it but it shouldnt have so much power low %.

Its high power was an oversight on my part, I'll be buffing SClaw's damage and lowering the BKB/KBG on UAir.
5. Djc is amazing, but is there a prob in coding it to an extent? Cant djc fast and low to the ground. Like if u jump, jump again, and try to cancel it (in a really fast motion), it will do the full double jump without canceling. so basically, u can't get the djc shorter or as short as m2's short hop.

As long as you're holding the jump button, you will continue with your double jump momentum. I'm using Camelot's DJC code. My version had it cancel on execution of the move, but Camelot's seems more organized.

6. too soon to tell, but my opinion is shadow claw should be faster and not last as long with the hitboxes, also small hitbox and some more range.

7. Down-air is really sloppy. And there is nothing special atm about back air. It has little knockback but too little stun for comboing. It is slow to come out and not fast to finish. It has average+ landing lag. It's just a boring move :pP. Hope for a new animation too.

Give me a better animation, otherwise I have no plans on changing it, except maybe making the tail for that move, so you can use it for combos. In melee I always used BAir as an edgeguard, and it works fine for me as is for that purpose.

8. ahh, i know i say this a lot but how come shadowball is still not pushing lucario back much ^_^"

Because it doesn't work the way I tried it. I'll work on it some more probably.

9. Lucario is still gaining power for how much % he has. Is there anyway to disable this?

No, only his aura sphere is, which can not be changed at this moment. Every other move, unless I missed one, is static in damage to their respective hitboxes.

10. pleease, helplessness after up b :). PLEASE. U know how far/high he can get with up b -> double jump?? In adition, he can ATTACK after!! M2's recovery is OUTSTANDING it even auto grabs the edge which i think he shouldnt even have. If an enemy were to edgehog, m2 has outstanding air mobility and easily can just turn onto ledge. +, the teleport goes so far and is such a safe move that you are not limited to trying to grab the ledge. So please, give me a reason why he should not have helplessness, m2=/=Lucario!!

He doesn't go into a helpless state because of the mobility/tech chase aspect. I will be slowing down his landings from Teleport to the ground, so he will be vulnerable for going to the stage. Also, in Melee, his recovery was outstanding. With proper DI, I could make it back to the stage from [basically] anywhere, as long as I wasn't dead. The idea is for Mewtwo to survive, and he doesn't live forever, hes just hard to gimp. If someone ledgehogs Mewtwo with the right timing, Mewtwo will just go into his fall animation. Mewtwo at this point in time is about the same place on the tier list he was in Melee. Terrible with a few redeeming qualities. Granted everything seems to be inverted, where he has the proper height/weight/size, but now lacks any meaningful ground game, and a weak[damage-wise] aerial game.

That about sums it i think, i prob missed some but oh well, i love this Mewtwo great job once again, this list is NOT complaints :)
CIB.

Some small tips....

If you do an immediate DJC to Bair/Fair, the hitbox seems to "streak". That is, it'll form a sort of wall, and will ALWAYS be able to hit nearby grounded opponents. This can be done with all his aerials, but it's most useful with Bair and Fair.

That's nothing new. The hitbox is attached to Mewtwo, so it moves with Mewtwo.

Uair is very interesting. It has great autocancel frames, and can hit even a grounded Kirby. To get the autocancel, simply make sure to land sometimes in the opening frames. A good scenario would be UTilt->ACUair->any aerial/UTilt/Smash. I'm thinking Nair and Fair should also have autocancel frames, as they are derived from grounded animations, but I'll have to test it right now.

I'm not sure whats going on with that, but it might be less useful once I adjust the hitboxes and stuff. We'll see.

Something that's been bothering me about Confusion is that it's, well, confusing. What I mean is that I can't consistently use it to reflect projectiles. Do the reflection frames kick in when he waves his hand, or when the Psysparkle appears? It'd be nice if those two animations where synchronized.

It should be at the same time the damage is dealt, so I assume that's the Psysparkle.

One last thing for now: it would be a good idea to do what someone had previouslysuggested, to find some way to make aerials give you a small upwards boost if used at the peak of the first/second jump. I say this because it's nearly impossible to follow up an UThrow at low percentages with Nair, and to get all the sparks to connect. I'm not sure if the boost should be added on the first or second jump. The first jump so you don't DJC, which is what's happening to me, or the second jump, because it won't make much of a difference to people who like to DJC, as there isn't anything to cancel at the zenith of the jump.

I'll experiment with the addition of vertical momentum to a move. It will be easier once I slow his doublejump down...if I can.
CIB.

Any TBA on when it will be released?
o__o;; I release new betas as I finish them. I'm taking a short break for a couple days now, letting some tasks stack up...but the good news is that they found a frame speed modifier code, and I'll start working on making everything more balanced smooth.

To do:
- See if slowing down the double jump is possible.
- 3/4 speed on all frames after hitbox on Disable.
- Superspeed after the hitboxes on Ftilt go away to smooth out animation.
- Slow down landing of DAir/NAir.
- Other stuff I said I would do.
-DD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
just a small suggestion...with mewtwo's nair, you should just put lots of other light sparkles all around his body, just to make it look like the melee nair.

netrunui

Smash Cadet
sry for the clcking noises in the videos, that is my wii, I had to send it into nintendo twice so that I could play brawl (laser couldn't handle the disk)

....Does anyone here have a capture card and video editing software? I have a couple replays with great Mewtwo combos, I just don't have any method of uploading/editing. :( I was hoping someone could edit them to make a sort of combo vid. Also, they're all against level nine comps, since I don't have any friends to come over/play WiFi with. They're either on vacay or only play Vanilla Brawl. D:

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey, Mewtwo is awesome, i really love this modification! However i have a slight problem. When i play as Mewtwo, it doesn't give me any sound except when i hit a move with him. Is this normal or did i do something wrong?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well the sound effects are numbered differently in pal, so...

it'd take a long *** time to port it.

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed, is it possible to fix ftilt for M2? Or it's not possible to do the tail swipe?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well, he has no animation where he slaps his tail forward, so....we have to "make" a tail out of graphic effects.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
....Does anyone here have a capture card and video editing software? I have a couple replays with great Mewtwo combos, I just don't have any method of uploading/editing. :( I was hoping someone could edit them to make a sort of combo vid. Also, they're all against level nine comps, since I don't have any friends to come over/play WiFi with. They're either on vacay or only play Vanilla Brawl. D:
I do, but I'm making the "display" video right now, so yea.

Oh i see, well no problem, i can at least play them. Is there gonna be a PAC file for PAL anytime soon?
Unfortunately, unless someone gives me a list of PAL SFX, I don't plan on personally transferring all of the sound effects to their proper numbers.

I just noticed, is it possible to fix ftilt for M2? Or it's not possible to do the tail swipe?
Not possible, that's why the dark things appear.

Also: Thinking about making Disable a "counter" attack. Thoughts?
-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Animations? No. Properties? Yes. FThrow? No.
-DD
Couldn't you look at the coding for Fox and Falco's U/DThrow? I believe the projectiles are the same as their B attacks, except pointed up/down. It would take a bit of trial and error, and a lot of time, but I assume we could get a proper FThrow working that way.

Then again, I could be wrong, since I have no clue how to work PSA. :laugh:

netrunui

Smash Cadet
has anyone yet found a way to implement a custom model in brawl (not resizing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom