• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
i really hope that in a near future someone manages to fins a way to add characters to the roster withouth having to replace a character... thought probably the game would almost need to be rewrote :(

i'm a little busy this week... but i probably will start with the model at least the next week, it will be a nice challange, since it will be the first model i will do with a polygon cap :p (i will try to keep between 6000 and 8000 triangles (which are lucario's and links aprox polycounts) )

i have some renders of a red pyramid head model i finished... but i have to admit that i have learnt a lot between the time i finished that model and now XD

http://svartwolf.deviantart.com/art/Pyramid-Head-Back-128044587
http://svartwolf.deviantart.com/art/Red-Pyramid-Head-128043883

it's not my favorite piece and still have some details i don't like too much but the others are unfinished or are excercises XD. stilll, seems that there is some time
Same here, dude. But the files for complete characters and associated would be pretty big, I imagine.

What I'd like is to be able to play as some of the Assist Trophies, especially Little Mac, Saki, Samurai Goroh and Ray mkIII. Maybe there's a way to give them some more moves and tone down their power, or something.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
oh yea i remembered a couple things:

1. Confusion has a bit too long ending lag while side b has a bit too little. If you can make side b have a longer cast time and make trip take longer to come out?? If not (seems impossible to me) forget i said it. But confusion does have too long of an ending animation.

2. I know u can't modify the projectile, but how about shadowball being charged? Any way to put a bigger hitbox on the shadowball charging, and make it electric with a bit more stun/knockback?

3. hm thought i had more. Well i guess i will say i actually like the f-tilt animation, some people thought it was wierd. I just think it is overly sexy :X

OH YEA i also found some of the clips i was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4PgCPPtvM , one reason why i stress self knockback from shadowball ;D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
oh yea i remembered a couple things:

1. Confusion has a bit too long ending lag while side b has a bit too little. If you can make side b have a longer cast time and make trip take longer to come out?? If not (seems impossible to me) forget i said it. But confusion does have too long of an ending animation.

2. I know u can't modify the projectile, but how about shadowball being charged? Any way to put a bigger hitbox on the shadowball charging, and make it electric with a bit more stun/knockback?

3. hm thought i had more. Well i guess i will say i actually like the f-tilt animation, some people thought it was wierd. I just think it is overly sexy :X

OH YEA i also found some of the clips i was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4PgCPPtvM , one reason why i stress self knockback from shadowball ;D
1) Confusion = Side B, Disable = Down B.
2) The charge is still the projectile.
3) Thank you! I know Shadowball needs to send flying, but I can't make it work well...
-DD

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me, I was wondering if I can still have both Lucario and Mewtwo at the same time. Does Mewtwo's moveset only take up one of the Lucario slots?

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me, I was wondering if I can still have both Lucario and Mewtwo at the same time. Does Mewtwo's moveset only take up one of the Lucario slots?
There is a clone engine being worked on that allows you to play as both Mewtwo and Roy while still having Lucario and Marth, however it isn't finished yet. So we have to replace Marth/Lucario if we want to play as Roy/Mewtwo right now.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
When will this be at it's final version? Like finished? I really love this and just want to download it when it is done.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
When will this be at it's final version? Like finished? I really love this and just want to download it when it is done.
Uhh, well, finished moveset is only a couple of tweaks away...
Finished %100 with model/sounds/etc. is still a while off.

Wow you guys actually pulled through And Aqua, hold strong, anything I could say about Azua I would get immediately banned for........
o.O A...duh...wha? Okay....
-DD

netrunui

Smash Cadet
for shadowball why don't you use the frames from the uncharged aurasphere?

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad you can't make Mewtwo's Bair the same way it was in Melee and have him use his tail to attack...lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's too bad you can't make Mewtwo's Bair the same way it was in Melee and have him use his tail to attack...lol
Not for a little while anyways.

for shadowball why don't you use the frames from the uncharged aurasphere?
o_O What? All forms of the aura sphere are part of the article, so I can not edit any of them.
-DD

Hmmm, I was wondering, is there a way to make Shadowball explode on contact with a surface?

Also, for FThrow, we could take the animation from Fair, make the opponent be flung in front of Mewtwo, then take the Falco Laser animation and make it(the lasers) be shot with the Confusion animation, tone down the damage, increase the shot frequency, and maybe change the electric type damage to dark type. Is it possible?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmmm, I was wondering, is there a way to make Shadowball explode on contact with a surface?

Also, for FThrow, we could take the animation from Fair, make the opponent be flung in front of Mewtwo, then take the Falco Laser animation and make it(the lasers) be shot with the Confusion animation, tone down the damage, increase the shot frequency, and maybe change the electric type damage to dark type. Is it possible?
x______x;; Please refer to the various other posts I've made regarding anything shadowballish.
-DD

Ok, I'm sorry. Besides, I guess Shadowball is good as it is.

But, uh, is the laser idea possible?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
falco's lasers are character specific.

besides, we can't edit any item effects yet. aura sphere, lasers, anything link, ice shot, fireballs, needles, arrows... none of it can be edited through PSA.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see much of a problem with Aura Sphere as is. I mean, it is already close to the original Shadow Ball, and besides that, Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere as well. I know it would be more authentic if we had Shadow Ball, but eh, can't be perfect.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
This is very well done. My only real complaint is the obvious "he doesnt look anything like Mewtwo!!1!!". Have you tried anything to fix the body shape?

jalued

Smash Lord
This is very well done. My only real complaint is the obvious "he doesnt look anything like Mewtwo!!1!!". Have you tried anything to fix the body shape?
yeah i know its not possible, but i completely agree.. untill model hackign comes in, these clones will all just feel kinda pointless, as they dont look right (no offence to the project, its just how i feel lol). yeah the moveset works, but if ur watching a vid or playing as mew2, it still just feels like lucario with different settings, no matter how differently he plays

netrunui

Smash Cadet
when can we expect the next pac?
I'm patient, I just want to know an approximation.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
yeah i know its not possible, but i completely agree.. untill model hackign comes in, these clones will all just feel kinda pointless, as they dont look right (no offence to the project, its just how i feel lol). yeah the moveset works, but if ur watching a vid or playing as mew2, it still just feels like lucario with different settings, no matter how differently he plays
Uhh, well, Elite Smash hackers made a Mewtwo size mod thingy...but its pretty ******** looking, and I'd rather stick with what I have no until I get real model hacks.

when can we expect the next pac?
I'm patient, I just want to know an approximation.
You can expect the next pac probably Monday night/Tuesday morning at the latest.
:3 I just gotta study my calculus.

Also, frame speed mods mess with a LOT of things.

And pumping up the damage on UThrow made it kill everyone at like, 70%, so I'm still in the process of making it less lethal...
-DD

insertnamehere

Smash Rookie
I am sorry if this has been discussed previously, but has anyone figured out how to get rid of Lucario's increased power with increased damage effect or is that too intrinsic to the character to be affected by PSA?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I am sorry if this has been discussed previously, but has anyone figured out how to get rid of Lucario's increased power with increased damage effect or is that too intrinsic to the character to be affected by PSA?
I removed it on all of his moves that it applies to.

The only thing that I can't remove it from is Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, because its properties are not editable at this time.
-DD

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I removed it on all of his moves that it applies to.

The only thing that I can't remove it from is Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, because its properties are not editable at this time.
-DD
Unless you use a Hex Editor. But even then it'd be really hard/impossible still.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ugh. I have no idea whats going on.
DSmash keeps epic-failing, and now UThrow goes from too weak[doesn't kill at all] to too strong[kills at ~100% on Wolf], and its really bugging me.

I've gotten lots of other things to work though!

I'm also making disable into a "counter" type attack, or bagging it completely, because no matter what math I apply to it, I can still infinite lock the opponent, or they just take advantage of my laggy body.

DX I'll keep working on it...
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. I have no idea whats going on.
DSmash keeps epic-failing, and now UThrow goes from too weak[doesn't kill at all] to too strong[kills at ~100% on Wolf], and its really bugging me.

I've gotten lots of other things to work though!

I'm also making disable into a "counter" type attack, or bagging it completely, because no matter what math I apply to it, I can still infinite lock the opponent, or they just take advantage of my laggy body.

DX I'll keep working on it...
-DD
Yeah, if you bag it completely, you could try bringing in Psychic instead; I guess it could work as a push-back/GTFO move.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I can't really try these movesets due to having no SD card reader, but for Uthrow.....wouldn't a low base value with a high grow rate fix that problem? It would allow it to juggle/set up combos at low percents, but kill at higher percents? Like, 10/80 (or however you write it). And doesn't %dg affect things as well? Maybe take away 1% dg to balance it better?

As for Dsmash....from the videos it looked like to me all it needed was a larger hitbox. *shrugs*

netrunui

Smash Cadet
can you put my videos and future videos on the front page please (I'll be taking videos of each new update from now on.)

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to edit the dash animation?If so can you replace it with his extremespeed(↑→B) animation?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
can you put my videos and future videos on the front page please (I'll be taking videos of each new update from now on.)
Sure, just post links.

As for Dsmash....from the videos it looked like to me all it needed was a larger hitbox. *shrugs*
DX The size is fine, but when I hit the opponent with it, even Pikachu at 150%, it doesn't kill. It is so bizarre.

Is it possible to edit the dash animation?If so can you replace it with his extremespeed(↑→B) animation?
I'll try.

Yeah, if you bag it completely, you could try bringing in Psychic instead; I guess it could work as a push-back/GTFO move.
DX That's the idea. No attack is more useless than the normal disable.
-DD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
DX The size is fine, but when I hit the opponent with it, even Pikachu at 150%, it doesn't kill. It is so bizarre.
O_o

What kind of hitbox is it? (Like, was it taken from Lucario's Dsmash, Fsmash, etc) What is the knockback growth/start?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I still say if you find a compromise between start-up and end-lag on disable, you could get in your free attack in, but if you tried to lock with it, the start up time would be too much and allow the opponent to hit you before the move comes out.

So, seems good ol' Confusion can semi-meteor smash. I say semi becuase it just reverses jump momentum. I just got the most awesome kill on a Diddy. He jumped, and I used Confusion, so his momentum got reversed and he got boosted down. :3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
O_o

What kind of hitbox is it? (Like, was it taken from Lucario's Dsmash, Fsmash, etc) What is the knockback growth/start?
Lol. It was taken from Luc's DSmash. I think I'll just reset it and do it again, because it USED to kill.

I still say if you find a compromise between start-up and end-lag on disable, you could get in your free attack in, but if you tried to lock with it, the start up time would be too much and allow the opponent to hit you before the move comes out.
I've tried, its impossible. All the characters have different wake-up frame counts, which is where the entire process gets fudged up, because now I have to set the wind up and cool down to be some concoction of more or less than the highest wakeup count, which will in turn make this move so useless its not worth having. The counter method works great, I've tried it a bit. I'm also a big fan of replacing the move entirely.

That's awesome. I say keep it.
Plan on it.

I actually posted them 9 pages ago not to mention you commented on them *sqeezes stress ball*
ahh all better.
here are the links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruZWmwitqs8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-k_h7c2bik
Lololol. Adding them~
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom