• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*bump*
I haven't been able to pump out more info on Mewtwo, seeing as my GCC's Control Stick broke ~_~, but I might get a new one this weekend and get to being awesome again.

SalaComMander

Smash Rookie
So, this is ready to download? If so, what do I do with the file, just keep the name and put it in the Lucario file with my textures? Or do I have to do something special?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
So, this is ready to download? If so, what do I do with the file, just keep the name and put it in the Lucario file with my textures? Or do I have to do something special?
Make sure that it's named FitLucario.pac and save it in the same folder as your Lucario textures.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I think n-air needs a final, stronger hitbox (similar to Melee's). Every time I use it, I keep thinking it will deal decent KB at the end, but it doesn't.

Or am I doing something wrong? o.o

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
You actually don't even need codes like those to change character size. Attribute 0B4 is Size.
really now? Huh... but, can it, say, make a baby mario this way? if so, way cool. if not, then, I'd stick with the PSM Code... but thanks for bringing this to my attention! I never knew this.

Also, I'm working around with the moveset pac, and I changed his UAir and DAir animations, as well as his shadow ball charging stance (on ground). I'm also working on a better side taunt, since the normal one looks exactly like his down B animation and I don't really like it lol.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think n-air needs a final, stronger hitbox (similar to Melee's). Every time I use it, I keep thinking it will deal decent KB at the end, but it doesn't.

Or am I doing something wrong? o.o
Well, the landing of NAir has a hitbox, so you can do that.
-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, I'm done. I tried giving him a new run animation (this is a MUST) but I screwed it up so its back to normal now. heres whats inside:

new Wait1/2
animation on Uair fixed
animation on Dair fixed
ground shadow ball animation fixed
new side taunts

So yeah. I thought I'd post it here since, y'know, this is the myu2 thread... lol.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ff3d705a09a3c85bda4076e811714c84d9d7afdb2fb596f5be6ba49b5870170
Cool, thanks for making this.
College is kicking my butt right now, term is almost over and I need to stay afloat.
-DD

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
So did you also change the Shadow Ball problem that's causing a freeze on my wii? I hope that's the fix. I love Mewtwo, Spirit Bomb animation is too good.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I made a low poly model a while ago guys and im willing to improve on it, do you need it. This is a mewtwo model BTW.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Uhm the animations of Uair and Dair are kinda weird. He's just flipping doing nothing, is that supposed to be right? NeutralB doesn't freeze my game anymore though :)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Cool, thanks for making this.
College is kicking my butt right now, term is almost over and I need to stay afloat.
-DD
No problem dude. Good luck with College man, Im still in 8th Grade- and hating it -_- lol.

So did you also change the Shadow Ball problem that's causing a freeze on my wii? I hope that's the fix. I love Mewtwo, Spirit Bomb animation is too good.
Well, kind of. I agree that it is cool, but since it was crashing, I put the ground animation one's back to normal. But the Air Changing is the "Spirit Bomb :)

Uhm the animations of Uair and Dair are kinda weird. He's just flipping doing nothing, is that supposed to be right? NeutralB doesn't freeze my game anymore though :)
Right, I changed the Uair because it was exactly the same as UTilt, and I changed Dair bevause I, as well as others, found it a bit unfitting for MYU2. As well as a new standing animation ;) I tried changing the run animation but it screwed up so I left it untouched... for now.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Wow okay that sounds great. Though it actually looks weird when he's doing a move, he's doing nothing actually. But oh well gotta live with it :)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Wow okay that sounds great. Though it actually looks weird when he's doing a move, he's doing nothing actually. But oh well gotta live with it :)
Thanks! And He's doing nothing? What do you mean? Its still got a hitbox and stuff.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Yeah but he's not doing any animations, which is kinda weird. It feels akward for some reason. But you can leave it, maybe other people thing differently than me. :p

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yeah but he's not doing any animations, which is kinda weird. It feels akward for some reason. But you can leave it, maybe other people thing differently than me. :p
Oh ok. Well um, yeah, I guess I'll leave it for now... Oh and I found out how to import custom SFX! But its only for ISO burning, which I don't have :( you can go here to found out if yo still want to, since I'm getting DVDs to use soon. http://nintendobros.com/2009/08/15/possible-psa-exploit-but-its-very-tedious/

Smash Ace
Well ii guess i might as well post the model the made quite some time ago (the texture was made in under 30 mins, so don't judge).

Also i have lots of room for improvement on the model, so if you do fine it good, i will improve it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well ii guess i might as well post the model the made quite some time ago (the texture was made in under 30 mins, so don't judge).

Also i have lots of room for improvement on the model, so if you do fine it good, i will improve it.
looks good for a 30 min job. neck seems a little long and the tail seems a little short, but otherwise no real complaints.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
looks good for a 30 min job. neck seems a little long and the tail seems a little short, but otherwise no real complaints.
Hmm... I do like it, but... honestly, it looks like it wouldve been used in a N64 game RIGHT before gamecube was released. It just has that... banjo tooie look it it, imho. i do like it though :lick:

Smash Ace
The texture may look like that, but the model is WAY passed n64 level...

But this model is still low poly for gamecube, its even kinda low for ps2.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hmm... I do like it, but... honestly, it looks like it wouldve been used in a N64 game RIGHT before gamecube was released. It just has that... banjo tooie look it it, imho. i do like it though :lick:
nah, even banjo tooie had some pretty blocky graphics. maybe an underdeveloped gcn game.

the point being that for something made in 30 minutes, with some tweaks it could look pretty good.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
nah, even banjo tooie had some pretty blocky graphics. maybe an underdeveloped gcn game.

the point being that for something made in 30 minutes, with some tweaks it could look pretty good.
yeah thats true... mmm, i guess an early gcn game is the way to put it. but yeah, it looks delicious :lick: hell, id use it. I'm trying to help out the pac file here btw. I updated the build. now hes got somewhat better animations for u/d air, a new fighters stance, and some other stuff. look on the... well here ill just post again http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ff3d705a09a3c85bda4076e811714c84d9d7afdb2fb596f5be6ba49b5870170

netrunui

Smash Cadet
Obviously you must be new. First of all model hacking is still being developed. Second, mewtwo isn't even close to finished. Though if you want to use the latest beta which works amazingly thanks to darkdragon and team, download the moveset from the "DOWNLOAD HERE!" link on the first page, and save the file to your lucario folder in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Fighter/Lucario on your SD card. Retitle it to FitLucario.pac

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hey.... I am looking in the brawl partition for NTSC-U brawl, and I notice that there are mewtwo files in here. I already noticed this along time ago, but I was wondering...might these be useful in any way? For example, there is: ef_mewtwo.pac, and I think there might be a couple more somewhere.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman

I'll try to do this without sounding like a jerk, but still being honest. I'm just trying to critque, I'm sorry if it sounds means.
It looks to buldgey, and should be toned down, maybe smoothed, and when toned down, should maybe be made more muscular. Other than that, the actual model looks pretty good. You can look at pokemon battle revolution for the best example of what it should probably look like. Spriters resource also has the texture for him I do believe.
Well the resource seems to be down, but if it comes back up I'm pretty sure you can find the texture there.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
really now? Huh... but, can it, say, make a baby mario this way? if so, way cool. if not, then, I'd stick with the PSM Code... but thanks for bringing this to my attention! I never knew this.
Didn't notice your question until just now... you can do so with the attribute, but the head wouldn't be super big relative to the body, so it wouldn't be the same.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
i just tested out the textures and the latest beta..
I COULD KISS YOU ALL!!! Im now a beast again in super smash ^^

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I've noticed some weird things with the latest Mewtwo PSA.
1. His Down-B doesn't do anything, a previous version worked fine though.
2. If you start charging Neutral B in the air and keep charging once landing, he'll keep repeating this weird animation where he moves the Shadow Ball up and down.
3. Shouldn't his Side B and Down B be switched? I'm fairly sure they were in Melee.

netrunui

Smash Cadet
before critiquing the latest beta, first you sure at-least attempt to see if these questions were already answered FIFTY TIMES BEFORE or read "some" of the creators comments.

BTW: Knowing that you probably won't read the first page or any comments on the beta, I will clarify. First, we all felt that it would be fit to create a better mewtwo, that would be more competition friendly in brawl. Second the down B is a counter attack, that works the same as lucario's down B.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
before critiquing the latest beta, first you sure at-least attempt to see if these questions were already answered FIFTY TIMES BEFORE or read "some" of the creators comments.

BTW: Knowing that you probably won't read the first page or any comments on the beta, I will clarify. First, we all felt that it would be fit to create a better mewtwo, that would be more competition friendly in brawl. Second the down B is a counter attack, that works the same as lucario's down B.
Oh ok. I just don't like reading through a lot pages and stuff. The changes make sense now. But the aerial Shadow Ball charging animation should still be fixed.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
You know how some mewtwo data is already on the brawl disc right? *along with other characters that never made it* would it be possable to use some of that?
And someday in the close future would it be possable to pick mewtwo from the menu as his own fighter box without the need to mod lucario? cause some people wanna try mewtwo V.S lucario, myself inclued.
If you want i can make the character box you click on the character selection screen for him.

MysticGospel

Smash Cadet
I finally got to try Mewtwo, and I must say he's pretty good. He's very easy to control, and has pretty much what Mewtwo has. One problem I have is the Down-B, I'm fine with the fact that it's a counter, but it doesn't work properly, because it mostly makes him teleport to the other side, but once I noticed that it stunned my opponent, so it's probably supposed to do that, but it seems to be pretty rare. I also like the Shadow Ball charge animation. All in all, he controls well and feels like Mewtwo.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
hello there, i have a somewhat urgent question... does anybody knows if brawl suport 1024 x 1024 texture sizes? i'm seeing if I do a big 1024x1024 texture or two 512x512 textures

for anyone that have actually messed with the textures of brawl, which sizes they are?...

oh and BTW, i hope that I finish the UVW mapping by tommorow, then I shall release a .png with the coordinates, if someone wants to give a shot doing the textures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom