• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo - Preview Video + Mewtwo Released! Download NOW!

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062

SykesN

Smash Rookie
Hey uh... I tried goin' to the download web link posted in this thread, but it says the site is temporarily unavailable... Any ideas why that may be? x:

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Hey uh... I tried goin' to the download web link posted in this thread, but it says the site is temporarily unavailable... Any ideas why that may be? x:
yeah umm...brawlvault got hacked and is currently down until further notice.

The Mutant Monstrosity

Smash Rookie
This is amazing work. Truly amazing.
I'm new to Brawl hacking, and I have downloaded the Melee Mewtwo, and the Mewtwo Alpha from the Brawlvault, but I have no idea how to actually get the files in-game...I have an SDHC card, and I know that Brawl doesn't read those, but I've heard I can use one with Riivolution and still make the hacks work. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Edit: I've successfully got his moveset, the result screen portraits and the portrait that appears above your damage counter in game, I just need some help putting the rest of the files in the proper place, for the Mewtwo model to show up along with the CSS portrait and such.

jad123

Smash Rookie
Thank You

Thank you guys for all your hard work! This Mewtwo PSA is absolutely perfect! :)

Photos

Smash Journeyman
It didn't get hacked. It's merely experiencing technical problems
It was confirmed to be a DDoS.
You can check on what is left up on kk-mm for the topic.

However, in the meantime, can someone link the direct dl? I'd love to get a good look at this. ;)

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys for all your hard work! This Mewtwo PSA is absolutely perfect! :)
Thanks mate! Glad you like it! :)

It was confirmed to be a DDoS.
You can check on what is left up on kk-mm for the topic.

However, in the meantime, can someone link the direct dl? I'd love to get a good look at this. ;)
Well, Enjoy the epicness of mah Mewtwo!
http://unotaku.com/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5496

Gonna update the OP after this.

Edit:
Oh! I forgot to say: Happy 4-year Anniversary to one of my most favorite games, Super Smash Brothers Brawl! :D

Nightwing595

Smash Rookie
Okay, noobish question, as I just joined. But, where do I place the files on my sd card, like which folders do I put them in?

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
General Feedback

So I just got this version after playing with the old V1, there are a lot of good things about this one such as better grabs and most attacks having smoother animations.

Here come the problems:
  • The way he holds items is just completely wrong, it worked very well on the older version I was using and you could probably straight copypaste it if that's possible.
  • The Final Smash was better on the old version but still needed some work.
  • The sideways dodge seems to travel way too far and the dodge into bakground looks like it hasn't been changed (you're probably still working on this though).
  • Getting up from ledges doesn't really look that smooth.

I hope this doesn't seem too critical, just trying to help you out because I want this mod to be as good as it can be. If you combine what was good about the old version with the stuff from the new version it'll be great!

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
So I just got this version after playing with the old V1, there are a lot of good things about this one such as better grabs and most attacks having smoother animations.

Here come the problems:
  • The way he holds items is just completely wrong, it worked very well on the older version I was using and you could probably straight copypaste it if that's possible.
  • The Final Smash was better on the old version but still needed some work.
  • The sideways dodge seems to travel way too far and the dodge into bakground looks like it hasn't been changed (you're probably still working on this though).
  • Getting up from ledges doesn't really look that smooth.

I hope this doesn't seem too critical, just trying to help you out because I want this mod to be as good as it can be. If you combine what was good about the old version with the stuff from the new version it'll be great!
- Yep, Items don't work on him yet.
- Dodge was a test I never fixed up, until next update.
- Ledges... I know.. I have to revamp these..

there is nothing good from the old version, it way unbalanced and the animations are in a *crossed arms pose* always.

Thanks for the feedback dude! :)

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
- Yep, Items don't work on him yet.
- Dodge was a test I never fixed up, until next update.
- Ledges... I know.. I have to revamp these..

there is nothing good from the old version, it way unbalanced and the animations are in a *crossed arms pose* always.

Thanks for the feedback dude! :)
Yeah it was totally unbalanced you're right. Although speaking of unbalanced, I played a few more matches and the Final Smash on the new version has like megarange, it's probably because all the effects aren't in there yet to show where it's hitting but it seems like it's an instakill at very low damage from like 3/4 of Final Destination distance. I reckon the launch on it needs to be toned down a bit and maybe make the hitbox smaller but it's pretty good other than that.

Also noticed that after using B-Up if you land on the ground you can't use your B-Up while on the ground and have to jump again, teleports are good for mind games so it'd be good if this was fixed. Also certain actions will cancel upward momentum of 2nd jump, mostly a attacks and sometimes air dodge.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was totally unbalanced you're right. Although speaking of unbalanced, I played a few more matches and the Final Smash on the new version has like megarange, it's probably because all the effects aren't in there yet to show where it's hitting but it seems like it's an instakill at very low damage from like 3/4 of Final Destination distance. I reckon the launch on it needs to be toned down a bit and maybe make the hitbox smaller but it's pretty good other than that.

Also noticed that after using B-Up if you land on the ground you can't use your B-Up while on the ground and have to jump again, teleports are good for mind games so it'd be good if this was fixed. Also certain actions will cancel upward momentum of 2nd jump, mostly a attacks and sometimes air dodge.
about the Final Smash, SiLeNtDo0m has made, is making, or is going to make a new final smash for him, on a side note thanks for this feedback once again I'm doing some general work on him (Mewtwo) again all the info about all these bugs it has, Have been really hopeful, next update is going to be something critical.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Hey AGFanProduction you should tell the Project M team that if they are able to make a clone engine and use it successfully they have full permission to use your MewTwo hack as a basis for adding him into Project M. Like let them know they can use/change your MewTwo for Project M. That way maybe they will be more likely to add him. Since you like Project M and all wouldn't that be a good call? I just really miss MewTwo so bad.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If we were to add Mewtwo, we would very likely start from scratch.

AGFP isn't on our list of favorite people anyways.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough I just figured a nice starting point would help you guys out if you were to put him in but I understand man. I assume that goes for Roy too.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Hey AGFanProduction you should tell the Project M team that if they are able to make a clone engine and use it successfully they have full permission to use your MewTwo hack as a basis for adding him into Project M. Like let them know they can use/change your MewTwo for Project M. That way maybe they will be more likely to add him. Since you like Project M and all wouldn't that be a good call? I just really miss MewTwo so bad.
Well, Mewtwo is not fully done for a public release, yet.

If we were to add Mewtwo, we would very likely start from scratch.

AGFP isn't on our list of favorite people anyways.
lol, from scratch? I guess you guys will be able to make his Shadow ball to go Ziggy-Zaggy like in Melee, and add an Explosion to the end of it while crushing against a wall, also redoing all the same animations that I already did with the Melee frame-by-frame work on Motion and PSA, you would get the same results anyways. :embarrass:

also, the last line still means what I'm thinking.... do you guys never forgive? or correct me if I'm wrong. Well anyways, my Mewtwo is cool, I'm proud of my work I made on him, the general critics are also positive as well on every place I have showcased him, so yep I'm fine. :shades:

anyways it's up to you guys if you would like to use my Mewtwo for some, comparision maybe? I don't know, you can use it if you want, just make sure to advice me first. Would be nice if they add this Mewtwo in some future on PM, and if they don't then I still would be happy of my work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for general news, keep in mind guys that Mewtwo is not done yet, the version on Vault is not perfect because of the Hitboxes it has (not 100% Melee accurate), next update on the Brawl Vault download WILL BE a *97% Animation and 100% Hitboxes accurate* Melee Mewtwo, but like I mentioned before, it is not ready for a public release yet.

Enjoy the current Mewtwo! this Mewtwo is for the fans and me! xD

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
My assumption is that they would work from scratch because they would want an original moveset given that the Melee moveset is a horrible representation of the character.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I guess you guys will be able to make his Shadow ball to go Ziggy-Zaggy like in Melee, and add an Explosion to the end of it while crushing against a wall
Those are both really easy, ya know. There's floating points for the wiggling already, and the explosion is just a matter of finding the subaction for hitting a wall and putting a graphic there (use OpenSA).

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
I guess you're right about the Melee moveset, if they do that, they will take out just the *more accurate* attacks from the original and they will make their own especial editions for P:M, just like they did with the other characters, more speed, more-less balancing, other animations replacing the originals, all that stuff. From that point of view I would say that *would be cool to see another Mewtwo work that isn't just Melee Mewtwo, Stadium Mewtwo, or Pokemon Battle Revolution Mewtwo (which are MY side personal-projects behind Melee Mewtwo), P:M does good stuff, a hybrid-Character (just like the other characters they have) Mewtwo side-extra-character would be really good for that project.

@[TSON]
Okay great! I PM you and thanks!

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
You people must check the first post (OP)
I updated and totally changed his theme, and revamped it to be more "new-user-friendly" and more less-stressing for the pals.

Mewtwo is DONE! to see the full change list and preview pictures check the new OP.

Release ASAP.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
I decided to update also Mewtwo's SFX with the new Super Sawndz! Tool, it's pretty easy do the SFX change now, plus this SFX is just for the Riivolution version of the PSA.

The SFX it's going to be updated along with all the Mewtwo releases.

Great isn't it?

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
thanks for all the hardwork guys, you did a FANTASTIC job

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
This must have taken a lot of work. Others may not fully appreciate the amount of work involved in a completely from-scratch motion file like this, but it's a project of immense scope. I'm glad you saw it through, regardless of the results.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Quick question! Will this work with Project M v2.5?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Good Job AGFP, and I'm sorry to have left the team when you guys really needed me.
But to see this project complete, it's amazing! Thanks AGFP, and good luck on your projects!

Top Bottom