• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Neku Sakuraba! v0.2 Beta up, and a video, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I like how this character is going! I've never played TWETY, but nonetheless I think that the character looks great! I too am working on a character, so I must ask; how did you get certain graphic effects, like Lucario's FS beam? Or rather, if I were to do the same with Zelda, would I have to take the model and texture and replace something she has? Or would I just add it to her and she'd be able to use it?
I think you need to replace something that Zelda has.

Just open eff_FinLucario.pac in BrawlBox and export the texture and ModelData. Then replace stuff from FitZelda.pac and remember which GFX you replaced. Rename the textures, but not the ModelData. (You should probably click "Recommend" when BrawlBox asks you what format the image will be in.)

Just call the GFX up in PSA and it should work!

I would definitely recommend TWEWY for any DS owner. Definitely. Definitely.

Here's the texture.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Oh, awesome, I didn't know you had a thread for Neku over on Smash World Forums as well, Ham. I'll still be commenting mostly on the thread you have on KC Forums though.

Fen__

Smash Ace
You kind of need to finish Isaac first, though. You haven't provided any updates on him in like 2 weeks.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
You kind of need to finish Isaac first, though. You haven't provided any updates on him in like 2 weeks.
Yeah, i know, iv'e been putting off isaac for a while... He just needs a moveset basically, and any help with him would be nice... >< gosh... it really has been a while lol

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yeah, i know, iv'e been putting off isaac for a while... He just needs a moveset basically, and any help with him would be nice... >< gosh... it really has been a while lol
Ooh, hey! I know how to move sets. I could help you with Isaac's moveset. In return I could use your help with some vertice-editing here or there. That could be a cool trade. Though I'd probably be willing to help make Isaac regardless.

On topic, this Neku Sakuraba looks pretty awesome, even though I'm not familiar with the game. Very nice use of graphic effects.

ChuteTheMessenger

Ooh, hey! I know how to move sets.
That is quite the understatement. Your PSA hacks are nothing short of amazing.

And if someone can make a good Lucas model hack that makes him look like Neku, then that person will win teh internetz.

humble

Smash Ace

And if someone can make a good Lucas model hack that makes him look like Neku, then that person will win teh internetz.
Thats going too far- they will get interweb cookies though if they do.

Fen__

Smash Ace
ooh, Hey! I Know How To Move Sets. I Could Help You With Isaac's Moveset. In Return I Could Use Your Help With Some Vertice-editing Here Or There. That Could Be A Cool Trade. Though I'd Probably Be Willing To Help Make Isaac Regardless.
Yes Yes Yes.

EDIT: lololol@automatically removing caps lock.

guzzleboy478

Smash Rookie
You said you were planning to release a beta, right? When do you think you'll get around to that?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace

i said i would do him :3

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
You said you were planning to release a beta, right? When do you think you'll get around to that?
Well, I sorta finished the down-B. The only major problems left are the ice not always appearing, Nexus Ray not always appearing (which is new), and using the down-B causes a freeze once you leave the Brawl. If you don't use it, it won't freeze, but if you do... well, that's the last thing I need to fix before the beta.

Unfortunately, I didn't take anyone's ideas (I took my own). Sorry!

So, just one more bug until a release. If anyone wants to help, I can PM you the .pac and you can look at it... I hope someone wants to help (moveset-wise).

ChuteTheMessenger

PM the pac, and depending on what the problem is I might be able to help (probably not, but PM me it anyways, I wanna try it X3)

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
OK, it's up! There's numerous problems with it, though. Read about it on the OP.

Give a huge "thank you" to Eldiran for solving the problem that prevented Neku's release!

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
The Beta Is Great! But I've had a problem with the neutral B's graphic. It doesn't show up. I think another move is effecting it. When I do down B, the graphic for neutral B comes out of nowhere during the lightning strike. :confused:

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
JoeGrandma (Well actually it's more of a combination of two posts by him said:
OK, it's up! There's numerous problems with it, though. Read about it on the OP.

Hitting someone with the Final Smash in air causes you to fall down and the hits to miss.
It looks weird when you do the neutral B out of a double jump.
The ice doesn't always appear.
Nexus Ray doesn't always appear, which sucks when you're killed by an invisible beam.
NUMEROUS SOUND PROBLEMS.
The NeuB done in the air over and over can keep you airborne forever, so instead of falling, Neku just kinda stays there until you stop. (Oh exploitable!)

The SideB doesn't keep momentum in the air, don't know if you meant to do that. Just saying, it brings you to a full stop in mid air. Not the best thing for getting back to stages.

The DownB on the ground makes a funny noise when it touches opponents (I think the final smash does this as well.) Other than that, it's good. The aerial version, however...Way Overpowered.

Uptaunt loops, so he keeps doing that until someone hits you. (lol, looks like he's gonna start doing the macarena)

Sidetilt needs more balance, it comes out too quickly after one another, and since it's so big that makes it unbalanced.

Dtilt seems way overpowered in terms of getting caught in it, brought cpu standing bowser to 93 damage (97 damage black planet version). cpu Attacking Bowser was brought to 75 damage (90 black planet version). Will test with human opponent ASAP.

The forward smash needs to be nerfed a bit, 21 damage (full charge from 0 percent) seems to be a bit much. Actually, all of the smash attacks fully charged seems to be very powerful. They need to be nerfed in damage a bit. (Dsmash killed bowser at 72, Usmash killed bowser at 93.)

If you do the Dair off the stage, no matter how high up you are, you're gonna die. That is, unless you're counteracting an attack that launched you up (tested with the spikes on pictochat.)

Grabs look weird. That's really all I can say about that.

The up smash has a...como se dice, "graphics quirk"? Like, it takes on the color of the effects around it. So it's not icy.

Other than that, you're good. I like where this is going, and it's also helping me with my own character! Good luck with this project!

EDIT: Oh, one other thing. I think the down B (grounded) charges up the Nexus Ray.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
DaimondbodySharpShooter
The DownB on the ground makes a funny noise when it touches opponents (I think the final smash does this as well.) Other than that, it's good. The aerial version, however...Way Overpowered.

I'm sure that's to indicate that its okay to press B once its close enough to the opponent, seeing as you can't make the lightning strike until someone touches/ is under the cloud.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
im going to try him later but i dowloaded it him.

real quick tho whats the difference between character.pac and character00.pac

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
im going to try him later but i dowloaded it him.

real quick tho whats the difference between character.pac and character00.pac
Fit___.pac is the moveset and Fit___0X.pac is the texture for that specific costume number.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I thought he was broken... and my suspicions have been confirmed. Thanks, DiamondBody SharpShooter!

I'll get to fixing the smashes and... trying to fix the neutral B problem, as well as the down-B problem.

There's not supposed to be a sound, but the way the move works, the cloud is a hitbox that does no damage or flinching (but has 1 knockback), so I guess I took the flags from a move with sound. I'll fix that. And add a REAL sound for locking on.

...How should I balance the aerial down-B?

guzzleboy478

Smash Rookie
Maybe you can drop the knockback growth a bit, make the bolt not as long.

EDIT--- By the way, which SubAction is his NeuB?

guzzleboy478

Smash Rookie
I noticed another bug with his Final Smash. When you use it in the air, you can move left and right.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
OK, in the new update, I fixed some of the more easy to fix problems, and I kinda balanced him. He's less broken than before, that's for sure.

guzzleboy478

Smash Rookie
It's much more balanced now. One thing I noticed is that when you use DownB in the air, if you keep pressing DownB, you float slowly.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... that's strange, after you let go of B, you shouldn't be able to do it anymore.

But the floating is on purpose.

New video, made by BassJXXXG, is up! It's of v0.1, but that's OK.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey JoeGrandma or anybody who can answer this, can you please explain to me how to make a Neutral Special move like the Nexus Ray (Neku's Neutral Special) I want it to be a move that has startup lag no charging though then unleashes a beam like Neku's fully charged up one and then cooldown lag can somebody please help me?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hey JoeGrandma or anybody who can answer this, can you please explain to me how to make a Neutral Special move like the Nexus Ray (Neku's Neutral Special) I want it to be a move that has startup lag no charging though then unleashes a beam like Neku's fully charged up one and then cooldown lag can somebody please help me?
Either PM JoeGrandma or post in the Help board.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Since ds has mdlo's would it be possible for you to grab neku off of TWEWU , I mean ive never played it so I dont kno if he is 3d or not

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this truly belongs in my humble little thread... This looks like an incredible moveset so far, and a lot of the movesets in my topic are largely ignored.
I've seen hacks like this in your thread. I've seen even more impressive hacks in your thread. The thing that makes this hack stick out is the effects, really. I think this belongs in the PSA thread.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I've seen hacks like this in your thread. I've seen even more impressive hacks in your thread. The thing that makes this hack stick out is the effects, really. I think this belongs in the PSA thread.
I'm not sure how you could not have noticed this, but you're responding to a post from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom