• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Renewal

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
So, I was thinking, what if we give Brawl a complete change? Nothing to gameplay, but I was thinking a full scale new brawl. This would include:
-New menu graphics
-New music (all or almost all songs replaced)
-Textures (every character has their costumes changed except the original)
-Stages (textures only, but new textures for all or almost all stages)
-Opening movie
-Other (character portraits, etc.)
So far, I'm thinking no character moveset changes, so people wont flip out when you suggest this copy over a regular one.
I will have a seperation between custom characters/stages with the rest.
So far, I am gathering the menu songs. Anyone want to contribute, or give suggestions? PM me:psycho:

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
This is quite an interesting Idea My Suggestion for a menu song is the Battle Mode Menu Theme from Sonic And the Black Knight battle mode it's self may suck in that game but the menu song is very good I use it as my menu song here is the song if you need to hear it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM6OBZqCDPY

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
This is quite an interesting Idea My Suggestion for a menu song is the Battle Mode Menu Theme from Sonic And the Black Knight battle mode it's self may suck in that game but the menu song is very good I use it as my menu song here is the song if you need to hear it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM6OBZqCDPY
I'll think about it. It's catchy, but the other 3 r from sonic games already XD

TP

Smash Master
Brawl's music is the best thing about the game. It should be the last thing you change, not the first.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I think we need a Health Bar. Not some random Precentage. LIKE A REAL FIGHTING GAME. Health bar.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Brawl's music is the best thing about the game. It should be the last thing you change, not the first.
There are quite a few songs I love in Brawl, but the main idea here is to give Brawl a new fresh feeling, like you're playing it for the first time again. And most of the music will be from other videogames. Maybe a few from animes, but im not gonna flood the game with that stuff

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
It would be the same. Only with a Health Bar instead. Atleast replacing Stamina. I've always wanted a health bar in brawl for some reason....

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
It would be the same. Only with a Health Bar instead. Atleast replacing Stamina. I've always wanted a health bar in brawl for some reason....
I'd do that for stamina mode, but the only problem is idk how to... but actually, even replacing the percentages with a meter would be kinda cool

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea much like, but it includes newer characters and a New SSE mode (modifying the original with a new story and having new characters included in it). but i do have a suggestion. Try and use as little codes as possible. an example of this would be to avoid the Custom CSS, its not bad, but it requires alot of codes from what i remember, and since you said you want this to be tourney legit, you'll want as little codes as possible. if you do want to go code happy though, then make sure to include the Alternate stage loader and the clone engine.

Something i would like to contribute myself is the new opening video, unless you know someone better for this, or want to do it yourself, then is it alright if i handle it?

2 more things. A: i would enjoy to see a health bar, but i would be too confusing. B: @ fortwaffles, did avatar level just jump to over 9000?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think we need a Health Bar. Not some random Precentage. LIKE A REAL FIGHTING GAME. Health bar.
Smash is a REAL fighting game.

Its just a DIFFERENT KIND of fighting game.

Not to be mean, but....
If you don't like Smash as a different kind of fighting game then GTFO these boards.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Vertex edits should be ok, as they only take up one costume slot, i.e. Cloud and viewtiful joe.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well i could see this becoming a project where a lot of ppl would use it like brawl+ but instead of customizing everything yourself have a set and go from there, and with a team it would be better than a premade csp pack since that seems the best starting point of someone as of right now but usually have outdated textures and still magneta csp's as of new intro movie have those been changed b4?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
as of new intro movie have those been changed b4?
Nope... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwHHDi-L0Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHahck9hRZQ
lol, yeah it can be edited now. there are 2 parts of the intro. 1 being the beginning part which is in a pac file and the other being a THP file (what i want to create). i have yet to release my guide to creating them yet because i want other people to revise it so people don't get confused over it. but there is 1 HUGE problem with THP files.

They can only be swapped via backup/Usbloader

also, the reason the videos are choppy is because of emulation.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I actually think that the characters should be given new movesets, not anything drastic, but Brawl+ like. Also, would you consider new characters in this? Once model importation and a clone engine are perfected (or at least not a fifty fifty chance of a crash).

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
So, I was thinking, what if we give Brawl a complete change? Nothing to gameplay, but I was thinking a full scale new brawl. This would include:
-New menu graphics
-New music (all or almost all songs replaced)
-Textures (every character has their costumes changed except the original)
-Stages (textures only, but new textures for all or almost all stages)
-Opening movie
-Other (character portraits, etc.)
So far, I'm thinking no character moveset changes, so people wont flip out when you suggest this copy over a regular one.
I will have a seperation between custom characters/stages with the rest.
So far, I am gathering the menu songs. Anyone want to contribute, or give suggestions?
Good luck doing this with an SD card. (Unless you're going ISO all the way.)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I support more Menu hacks being done. There's so little stuff that's been actually released in one good place and I really want a good Menu hack. Plus, if you could figure out how to rearrange the icons, that would be amazing (since Brawl's current setup has always been irritating and confusing).

Originally Posted by Twilight Prince
This is sadly true, but overrated. Anything remotely related to the Brawl theme gets replaced in my book and some bad remixes *cough*O2BattleRemix/Castle-FortressBoss*cough* shouldn't exist. Plus, there's quite a few times where the music isn't fitting or just can't do close to as well as to what some replacements can possibly do.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
well music could definitely take up some space and idk about intro movie but a 2gig sd card could probably have that
The best method would be to avoid music that has a long period between its start and end loop. Songs that have anywhere between 1 to 2 1/2 minutes in the loop are pretty good. Stairway to Heaven is a good example of the opposite of this (and completely lacks a viable loop point back to the start anyways). Octavarium is a good example of a song that's too. ****ing. Long.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well its not like you can't customize it after its done to change what you don't like

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Ok! wow... didnt think id get so many replies lol.
here's whats up to answer a few things:
-this will use NO codes
-it will be pure iso, so burn a new disc for it, or usb loader
-nothing to change gameplay (physics, moves, etc)
so if you have a replay from normal brawl, it will play fine on here.
I'd like to keep some of the content secret though, so when it's done, it will be more suprizing. pm me if you have ideas, and that way it's more secret lol. any general ideas though continue to post here.
Also, for the openin video, ill probably make a montage of epic brawl moments i have, and add a theme song to it @NerdWithAnAfro: i may need your help with that part

Let's make Brawl like opening a new can of tuna :D mmmm fresh!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'd actually like an opening video that didn't reuse the SSE clips. If anything, I should get someone from Brawl+ development to take some good combo clips and put those together (that is, for Brawl+ players).

Still, I'm 100% supporting work on Menu hacks. There's a depressing lack of Menu hacks compared to the number of character texture hacks.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
it will be pure iso, so burn a new disc for it, or usb loader
well it wouldn't have to right cuz i have a dvd of brawl which i use now but because of me not wanting to mess with however i would have to load brawl+ on my usb hard drive

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
@Fortwaffles
Lets keep this part in PM's then. since this will most likely be the only thing i contribute (unless you need more videos :) ) then i want to be as epic and surprising as possible!

also, since this is a no code ISO, you should let people know that This will have 100% compatibility with physics mods, such as Brawl +, Brawl -, Project M, And Balanced brawl along with the others that i cant remember

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This seems illegal.

HEY GUYS LETS TAKE THIS DISK AND MESS WITH IT AND THEN RELEASE IT TO THE PUBLIC

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
What if, once completed, instead of releasing an ISO, we release an ISO patcher. It wouldn't be illegally distributing files, since you'd need to rip an ISO from your own disc.
bingo... though the illegality is discouraging -_-

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
So you basically want brawl to be like MUGEN?
lol, noob, lol
if it were mugen, then we would be ADDING new characters to the game, where as this changes the menu and how things look.

@Fortwaffles
You should still offer the package as a normal DL because most files (except THP and .BRSAR) are compatible with File Replacemnt

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I associate this project with changing the character's default outfits to be even more detailed, like HD versions of everyone.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I associate this project with changing the character's default outfits to be even more detailed, like HD versions of everyone.
If someone wanted to, they could easily revamp the original textures and models to have more details, and it some cases, seem less or more relistic.

Also, we should vote (or you deicide, i dont care) on a new name, cause new brawl makes it sound like a noob project. here are my ideas:

Project Renewal
Project Re-creation
Project Come-back (may not be the best cause it may be assumed as an unbalanced comeback able code set)
Project HD: Hardcore Defiance (lol, thought of this one off the top of my head)
Incase where this is not considered a project, then remove project from the title and add something to the end.

You should also update the OP with recent things, such as telling people they can help (in bold), compatibility with code sets and how its going to be done, along with who's doing what, also add that we are taking suggestions (in bold).

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
You should probably have a new title for it like Nintendo vs Allstars or something
Or it should look sports-like like the X-Games

Top Bottom