• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Renewal

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Yay, renewal has been chosen! (i was gonna vote that one) and Fortwaffles, can you respond to my PM? i feel that recently my pm's may have not been sent out and i just want confirmation that they work

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Whoo, now it's a PROJECT
I actually liked New Brawl better for the simple reason that EVERY project is a project project on this site...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
*whips out Thesaurus for "Project"*
program, enterprise, undertaking, venture; proposal, idea, concept, scheme
Your pick >:3

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I think this should be the intro song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIVgSuuUTwQ also i thought for mario , link , and pikachu etc; you should take clips from there wii games instead of brawl like for mairo have the scene in mario galaxy when when his town is on fire and hes running toward peaches castle and like link have him where he gets his sword I think the intro would be so much more awsome that way

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I think this should be the intro song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIVgSuuUTwQ also i thought for mario , link , and pikachu etc; you should take clips from there wii games instead of brawl like for mairo have the scene in mario galaxy when when his town is on fire and hes running toward peaches castle and like link have him where he gets his sword I think the intro would be so much more awesome that way
i dislike the song (not my type, not sayin its bad, and Fortwaffles already has a song) but i 100% agree with everything else you said.

maybe revamped normal costumes,much like the "Fixed!" version from Meow Mix
As i said to the exact same thing before (lol, i already said that myself) is that we would need someone to do actually make the texture. *cough*you?*cough*
Sorry, i meant to say would you like to do them?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
This project comes off as ambitious, but all it really is aiming for is combining all the current Brawl hacks. That wouldn't be too difficult. This project however neglects to focus on what would truly "renew" Brawl; new game play.

Brawl+ balanced Brawl
Project M is adding polish and new characters to Melee

Why don't you take the really ambitious route and alter the game play totally with the tools you have at your disposal. Altering menu and stage textures is minute, and not really a renewal.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
lol, noob, lol
if it were mugen, then we would be ADDING new characters to the game, where as this changes the menu and how things look.
Well no need to call me a noob. But I know that you can't add characters. I mean if he says he wants to create a new game, then brawl would be the engine, much like mugen.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Fire Mario and Normal Mario Textures are Done.I'm thinking of Good replacements for the other texture, for example Ice Mario as the Blue Mario

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
So are people making hd versions of characters for this now? If so I can help I made one for charizard awhile ago.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
This project comes off as ambitious, but all it really is aiming for is combining all the current Brawl hacks. That wouldn't be too difficult. This project however neglects to focus on what would truly "renew" Brawl; new game play.

Brawl+ balanced Brawl
Project M is adding polish and new characters to Melee

Why don't you take the really ambitious route and alter the game play totally with the tools you have at your disposal. Altering menu and stage textures is minute, and not really a renewal.
well that should be clear, we don't want to. if we wanted to make physic changes, then we would join one of those projects, and our goal isn't to renew game play, but the overall interface of it (i hope i got that right). im positive more than 60% of the hacks that will be used in this project will be specifically made for it.

we are basically changing how the game looks from an external view point, instead of changing it from game play (well, we are with textures).

Edit: if you want renewed gameplay, go get (Codeset of choice), if you want renewed menu's and other things, then get this, if you want both, get both. previous posts stated that this WILL be compatible with just about all of them, even if they replace files.

So are people making hd versions of characters for this now? If so I can help I made one for charizard awhile ago.
sure, post it, replacing the original costume as not originally fortwaffles goal here, but if they look better, then he cant argue!

Well no need to call me a noob. But I know that you can't add characters. I mean if he says he wants to create a new game, then brawl would be the engine, much like mugen.
Lol, sorry bout that, meant to add a jk about the noob thing somewhere in there. i was referencing to old schoolers about when people would be called noobs about asking if music would be swappable via SD or if we could make bosses playable.

but our goal is not to make a new game, but again, change the interface around and (ima say it!) renew it! brawl is already mugen though.

Edit: i feel like Brawlshifter :p

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I like the contents of the last three posts
we need raccoon mario (vertex hack) lol

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
made one but its buggy so use the polygon deleting method to get eeither tom nook's or fox's ears and use mr. weegee's method to them on mario

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I like the contents of the last three posts
we need raccoon mario (vertex hack) lol
Was gonna tell you luigiman made one, but he already sade that himself. since my internet likes to screw me over, i have alot to say because i meant to post something 3 times but each time, i either forgot to press submit or i did press submit and the internet didn't submit it. ill add what i was going to say to the end.

made one but its buggy so use the polygon deleting method to get either tom nook's or fox's ears and use mr. weegee's method to them on mario
More methods that i dont know about? lol

If you need alt. colors for Link, Toon Link, or Kirby, I've got some on KC-MM:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=sd3ash8h9q6c5jbrm2jj7rntt1&topic=1885.msg46056
They, in my opinion, look great! but its up to fortwaffles if we will use em.

@ Fortwaffles
Alright, i tried using your music, but i just cant! that song seems more like a credits montage song then it does an opener, and theres where the problem lies, i cant think of any song that would work except for 1. ill pm it to you later if i can. there were also a few other things but i forget what they were, i think 1 was update the op though.

Zephron

Smash Ace

Not that I don't support great effort in things, but seriously?

Hacking menu and stage textures are NOT "minute".
They take lots of time and effort to get done correctly.

Sure, if you wan't another awesomeface FD that takes minutes, but actual stage hacks are very difficult.
And I'm trying to edit a menu right now, and that is also extremely hard.

It may not be enough for a full "renewal", but just keep in mind all these textures you see online nowadays take a lot of time.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
What's Mr Weegee's method and how do I use it? Also, will this be sd card based or an ISO hack?
i dont know about the MDL0 method, im betting its somewhere in the brawlbox thread or KCMM.

As for the use of it, It wouldn't matter, since your just editing the MDL0 within in a pac, it can be either. it just dependent on which one suits you more.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
raccoon mario will be vertex hack if anything.
and i think the alt costumes for characters like falco, and sonic need to have body color changed.

Top Bottom