• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Project Smash 64 WIP

RoyalFoil

Smash Rookie
Ok, so here's a project that I have been working on now
It's kind of simiar to how Project M was trying to make Brawl like Melee, Project SMASH 64 tries to being some of 64's physics to Melee, like higher hitstun/knockback, but it keeps Melee's Air/(Fast) Falling Speed.
The 64 Vets are going to be simiar to the original while the newcomers will have some attributes taken from future games, like how Bowser is heavier.
So far I have worked on Mario.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Speaking of this. I tried using your Mario Importer with the following file SSB64 Mario Model I downloaded from BrawlVault and your program seemed to not recognize anything within it.
Well what I was referring to are the low poly models used in character bubbles. They are in the file and I wouldnt be surprised if you could change the order of the objects to get them to show.
However for that file, the info in it has to be uncompressed. So uncheck the lz77 compression on the arc file and brres file you want and it should work.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Well what I was referring to are the low poly models used in character bubbles. They are in the file and I wouldnt be surprised if you could change the order of the objects to get them to show.
However for that file, the info in it has to be uncompressed. So uncheck the lz77 compression on the arc file and brres file you want and it should work.
Ahh gotcha.

RoyalFoil

Smash Rookie
Have you considered using the smash 64 models for this.
I haven't really considered putting 64 models in, but I would try to make/use textures that look like the veterans would look like they did in SSB64, while the Newcomers would look like their respective 64 appearences.

Top Bottom