• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Sothe

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
this is a project which i will now be starting. ill need some help in some parts with the model replacement and modificaitons. Im almost done with a custom texture and PSA

ok so i probably shouldnt be posting this so early in the game but i feel that this is the best way to get feedback. I'm putting Sothe into the game as a gift for a friend of mine for when gets back from college. :)
so im making the PSA from scratch (using red alloy as base), using PSA combined with single actioin animation swaps, i can create something that perfectly reflects Sothe in all of his Radiant Dawn hotness. (totally shouldve been in brawl. but i understand how they can only put 1 per individual game)

heres what i need help with:
i have a sheik texture from fixartifex (i think)...but...its not really Sothe. I made an awesome texture….still not soth.

this is sothe:

so I need help putting his trophy's model:

onto red alloy.

OR!!
if i can just import Catpain Falcon's scarf onto Sheik and get a new head to load, that would also be perfect (with texture hacking too)

NEED HELP WITH THAT PART!

MOVESET:
dont worry about this. i can make this in PSA and swap animations and all that.

Standing: trophey's pose (see above pic). hopefuly i can get the scarf to flow
Walking: Snake's walking animation
Run: sheik's run
Crawl: snake’s crawl
jump: sheik's jump
backjump: sheik's backjump
doublejump: begining of Sheik's upB-while-midair animation
sheild: snake's sheild
Dodge: sheik's
FowardRoll: sheik's fowardroll
BackRoll: Wolf’s backroll or if i have to, sheik’s backroll
dizzy and eat and all those mischilaneous will be Red Alloy's animations (aka cptn falcons)

Dashattack: Sheik’s grab at x2 speed, then Sheik’s Fthrow at x1.3 speed.
OR
Dashattack: Wolf’s Dashattack (or RedAlloy/ cptn falcon’s uAir)
OR
Dashattack: Sheik’s sword dashattack

grab: Red Alloy's grap
grabhold: sheik's grabhold
grabpummel: marth's pummel
Fthrow: sheik's Fthrow
Bthrow: snake’s Bthrow
Uthrow: snake’s Uair (or pit’s upA)

AAAAA combo: grey fox’s combo (apparently we can take animations for assit trophys. Cool!

If that isn’t possible:

A: Pit’s A
AA: sheik’s A beamsword swing (x1.1 speed)
AAA: Pit’s AAA
AAAA: sheik’s beamsword swing 4smash (>S w/ beamsword animation. It’s a norm AAAA combo, it’s like echoblade sheik’s >A only slow. Keep in mind that shei’s beamsword smash is 2 hits so its like a AAAAA combo, but it sends the opponent back and makes Sothe vulnerable for ½ second after use)

>A: shake’s AAA (3rd hit of A combo. It’s a kick)
^A: Pit’s Up smash
vA: snake’s vA

>S: Pit’s >S (>S is side smash btw if u haven’t figured that out yet)
vS: Sheik’s ^S (only hitboxes when she sweeps her arms down)
^S: Fox’s ^S (backflip FTW

nAir: Red Alloy’s nAir
dAir: fox’s vAir (spiral down kick. Multihit.)
Fair: Pit’s Fair
Bair: Pit’s Bair
Uair: Red Alloy’s uAir (flip FTW)

B: needle storm. IF I CAN, i want to have him have Shiek’s B move. I doubt ill be able to tho...so ive got some more ideas
B: Sheik’s trohpeystand throw OR Sheik’s strong itemthrow animation OR needlethrow aniation. REPLACE sheik’s needles with Soth’s Kard (require’s modle hacking). If I do this, then Ill force it to only be able to pull out and throw 1 Kard automaticly, not a bunch of needles. Idk if articles are able to do crazy stuff like that. I have the mdl0 of Kard so i wanna use it

>B: Bane
Named after his skill in Radiant Dawn. XD.
Sheik’s dash attack. Hold lastpose. If hit while moving, get % and stun (sheildbreakstun, not ZSS gun stun), hold pose and wait .75 seconds, then slash11 flag on hit and sends enemys upwards with x1.5 hitlag modifier. Sothe can move after a whole second has passed.

Let me clarify, it goes:
-Dash
-Holdposefor.75seconds while enemys stun
-@ .75seconds, sheik takes % but no flintch or knockback. A star appears and a “ding”. enemys get hit by slash graphic and get sent upward with hitlagmodifier so they cant fall for a bit before being able to move.
-@1 second, sheik is able to move freely
Sheik is vulnerable during all of the attack exept for like 10 frames when the opponent goes flying.

If done in the air, the move becomes Dawn Brigade.
Shake’s dashattack animation while in air leading to norm fall move. This makes it VERY usefull for horizontal recovery because it can be used multipal times, however, takes a while to do and you still drop while doing it so ull really only be able to do it twice at the most, then ^B. The main point of this move is to hit the person XD. Does some nice damage.

vB: Protector of the Priestess
this is the most badass and takews the most artistic liberty. This starts with Sheik’s side taunt where she pulls out her choking rope. Then, if an enemy closeby (hit by an invis hibox) it imidiatly goes to Snake’s grabanimation (sped up x3 speed) If miss, you will compleate sheik’s taunt and be vulnerable until it ends (1second id guess). Then you can move freely.
If hit, goes to snake’s grabhold (choke), except Sothe is still holding the Kard so itll be him holding the character with a knife to his/her neck. You can do 3 things. You can pummel with A, this is snake’s pummel so its him cutting the person with a slash effect. You can throw foward with sheik’s Fthrow animation. You can throw upward. This is the coolest. Its snake’s pummel animation slowed and with a big slash effect on the neck so it looks like he slit his/her throat!! The character is sent straight upward very high and givin a flower. Very good knockback and damage. Hard to land and not comboable unless to finish off.

NEED HELP THINKING OF AN IDEA FOR vB in the air!!!

^B
Critical hit
Ong ground: Starts with that familiar “SZVT” sound and a star when you get a crit hit. Soth does snake’s either Lin’s wait pose OR snake’s codec taunt OR captain falcon’s norm taunt (not bad actually and is easier). Waits .6 seconds (invincible), then bends to jump then // disappears then // reappears apove and immidiatly slashes the opponent sending them flying with slash effect if hit. Very strong attack. Its like a combination of sheik’s ^B move, metaknight’s vB cape move, and Linn’s assist trophy move.
If done in the air, does Sheik’s norm ^B aerial. Only diff would be reappearing with Sheik’s Fair attack with slash.
Very strong move

And heres the cool part. Final smash!
Critical Hit!!!
Does Marth’s FS, only on hit, Camera zooms in, Sothe immidiatly disappears and reappears above diagonal and swoops down across, disappears, then same on opposite side, then same across, then diagonal back, last hit on the very last second of the hitlag so they go flying as their health gage drops to zero.
Afterwards as the camera zooms back out to norm, he does a back roll then Sheik's victory taunt 2 (like the pose he makes after he KOs some1 in Radiant Dawn),
will keep you posted. ill have finished pics in 2 days. seriously need help on the model tho.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Any chance you can post the PSA? You'll have better luck with showing what you've got so far.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
ive got the PSA written down, but not actuialy PUT into PSA (i do it when im bored at school or something). thats why it will be a while before its compleate, but because i know exacly how to code every move (cept the moves i havent thought of, of corse), i could say that i might be able to finish either the new texture or the PSA by the end of the weekend....i wont get both done. im not that fast.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
1) You spelled 'grammar' incorrectly.
2) What exactly is wrong with my grammar? I was saying that you'll have better luck in getting support if you post what you have. Actions speak louder than words.
3) So you don't actually have a PSA .pac file put together... Well, it's much more difficult than you'd think.

Fones

Smash Rookie
1) You spelled 'grammar' incorrectly.
2) What exactly is wrong with my grammar? I was saying that you'll have better luck in getting support if you post what you have. Actions speak louder than words.
3) So you don't actually have a PSA .pac file put together... Well, it's much more difficult than you'd think.
I think his first post was just a comment to his original. I mean why would you post "bad grammar ftw" and then a seperate response to the actual question?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I thought you were working on TP Ganon? Or did you give that up? Animation swaps would now make an awesome sword Ganon fighter, but this is cool too I guess

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
yeah im sorry about that shadic, that was ment to be a responce to my first post. bad spelling is the dialect of the lazy linguist.:)

i have no illusions as to how painstakingly long a process PSA is. however, i figured alot of it out so now its just time-consuming entering stuff.
ive even already got the offensive collision coordinates (because bones wont work what with model/animation swaps)

heres a preview of the texture (not done. just so you can see what im doing).

the main point of this thread was to ask for help with this project, not to show off a compleated character.

btw Akuma, i got bored working on ganon for so long. and the fact that we can replace models now means that I can really do him justice without PW's code. however, sense Ganon has no articles that he spawns on any of his attacks, i cant replace his sword with anything.

BTW: IF ANYONE CAN GET THE .mdl0 OF SOTHE FROM RADIANT DAWN, THATLL SAVE SOOOOO MUCH WORK. LET ME KNOW

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
btw Akuma, i got bored working on ganon for so long. and the fact that we can replace models now means that I can really do him justice without PW's code. however, sense Ganon has no articles that he spawns on any of his attacks, i cant replace his sword with anything.
Oh alrighty then I understand

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
yeah im sorry about that shadic, that was ment to be a responce to my first post. bad spelling is the dialect of the lazy linguist.:)

i have no illusions as to how painstakingly long a process PSA is. however, i figured alot of it out so now its just time-consuming entering stuff.
ive even already got the offensive collision coordinates (because bones wont work what with model/animation swaps)

heres a preview of the texture (not done. just so you can see what im doing).

the main point of this thread was to ask for help with this project, not to show off a compleated character.

BTW: IF ANYONE CAN GET THE .mdl0 OF SOTHE FROM RADIANT DAWN, THATLL SAVE SOOOOO MUCH WORK. LET ME KNOW

The texture is looking sweet

Top Bottom