• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Not even close.
I would gladly help you after I got some practice animating on my new character I shall make,
Project Lemming. SHHHHH!!!!
Unfortunately, my models aren't even showing up in the editor... *Checks just to make sure.* OH MAN. I was just too zoomed in to see it! This rocks! Animating here I come!!!! Sorry, I have to get a little practice on my
lemming
first before I can help you.

Wow. And all I had to do is zoom out. Now I feel like an idiot! :******:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I would gladly help you after I got some practice animating on my new character I shall make,
Project Lemming. SHHHHH!!!!
Unfortunately, my models aren't even showing up in the editor... *Checks just to make sure.* OH MAN. I was just too zoomed in to see it! This rocks! Animating here I come!!!! Sorry, I have to get a little practice on my
lemming
first before I can help you.

Wow. And all I had to do is zoom out. Now I feel like an idiot! :******:
Lemming? OH SNAP SON YOU'D BEST FINISH THAT

D1337

Smash Apprentice
I know theres not much room for request so soon...
But do you think you can make one of his outfits based of Forte's armor?
It would be a pretty cool reference to the classic series. As the Zero color is to the X series.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
I'd better finish my
Lemming
? I don't even have it started yet! I have the texture over Lucas which looks pretty convincing, but I haven't started animations. I'm too busy with my flying pyramid stage to start. Let me ask you a question. When you do animations, is it a good idea to go through and delete all the existing ones first, just to give you a clear palette?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'd better finish my
Lemming
? I don't even have it started yet! I have the texture over Lucas which looks pretty convincing, but I haven't started animations. I'm too busy with my flying pyramid stage to start. Let me ask you a question. When you do animations, is it a good idea to go through and delete all the existing ones first, just to give you a clear palette?
It'd probably be easier to work with that way. If you want to steal any animations from brawl, they're all hosted on that one mediafire account.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Hey, everyone, I have some awesome news! I just finished my finals and moved out of my dorm, and now I've got an entire summer of free time! Progress begins again! (hopefully)

I am still looking for animators. Even if you just want to make one animation for the hell of it, it'll help immensely.

ds22

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone, I have some awesome news! I just finished my finals and moved out of my dorm, and now I've got an entire summer of free time! Progress begins again! (hopefully)

I am still looking for animators. Even if you just want to make one animation for the hell of it, it'll help immensely.
You can use, if you want, some of Naruto's animations which are in the Naruto Alpha package.
You only need to change the bone translation of those animations to match Megamans, but thats all.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I may try to make an animatio or 2 can't wait to see how this goes Im working on am classic megaman psa so working on a true modol of him could be fun. So any animations wanted in particuler?

D1337

Smash Apprentice

Great for you. I just started college and too busy to brawl! D':

But good to know there'll be some progress in the near future.
Oh and congrats on your finals. Hope you did well...because im getting destroyed just by studying for mine.

Gamez1985

Smash Rookie
THANK YOU for at lest posting BETA downloads.
I hate it when people in these forums have enough working screenshots to have at least 2 betas out already, but then choose to not release ANYTHING until the artist says it's "finished."

Tht takes too long and sometimes people give up. Although when artists give up they tend to at least post a character at the milestone they got to, in the end it just means most of us will wait months at a time and only EVER end up with a beta.

TO EVERYONE EVER: Stop taking so long to post something. If it doesn't contain major bugs, release it! Projects like these take amazing work, so it IS understood that there is waiting involved. I'm not telling anyone to work harder, or to hurry up their work. But when a beta is working ALWAYS post a DL!

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
TO EVERYONE EVER: Stop taking so long to post something. If it doesn't contain major bugs, release it! Projects like these take amazing work, so it IS understood that there is waiting involved. I'm not telling anyone to work harder, or to hurry up their work. But when a beta is working ALWAYS post a DL!
Well arent you a little demanding? -_- Im sure they are trying there best to get progress in but I have couple things to say about this post

1. Why would they post a glitchy beta
2. Just be patient , I mean I know I asked if this post was dead or not but jeez
3. Even if its a minor bug I know I would only get what they feel is a perfect beta

-Gemini

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
Well arent you a little demanding? -_- Im sure they are trying there best to get progress in but I have couple things to say about this post

1. Why would they post a glitchy beta
2. Just be patient , I mean I know I asked if this post was dead or not but jeez
3. Even if its a minor bug I know I would only get what they feel is a perfect beta

-Gemini
Also with theis betas all you see are t poses so whats so great? Also nice work with the model but why does megaman have a layer of blur around him?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Also with theis betas all you see are t poses so whats so great? Also nice work with the model but why does megaman have a layer of blur around him?

It's just an effect used in TvC. It's a lot more noticeable next to Smash characters though. No way to fix it that I can think of.

And usually, I'm against betas that aren't at least slightly playable, but I posted mine just to show that I have done something.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
It's just an effect used in TvC. It's a lot more noticeable next to Smash characters though. No way to fix it that I can think of.

And usually, I'm against betas that aren't at least slightly playable, but I posted mine just to show that I have done something.
oh and are you keeping his current run?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Everyone, I think I might be in a bit over my head here.

I'm not good enough to do this alone. I've tried to make animations. They just wind up taking hours upon hours and still being terrible.

I need help with this. I need a team.

Right now, we're hardly a team. Everyone just sends in the odd animation they feel like doing. It's lack of organization and coordination that is stalling this project. I'm not blaming anyone, you've all done infinitely more for this project than I have. This is all on me. I call myself a leader, but I've hardly done any leading to warrant that title.

I know this sounds whiny and angsty, but really, it's more of a confession. I can't do this alone. I can't animate for crap, and I don't even know if I can use PSA well enough to make a full character. What I can do, and what I should have been doing a long time ago, is lead. I think I've got a good idea of what direction this project should go in, I'm just plain not good enough to do it. So, if you can animate, if you can PSA, if you can be of any help at all, let me know. I'll try to get my act together and get this project a lot more organized.

I want to see this finished. I want to play as Mega Man. He should have been in Smash Bros from the beginning. I'll see this project done even if it means I need to step aside and let someone else take over.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm going to crosspost this to the Fully New Character Archive. I don't really have any skills to contribute (trust me, I would if I could), but hopefully someone will take interest in this there. I really don't understand why he isn't getting the attention he deserves. My only idea is maybe that it's the Volnutt incarnation, but my experience online has been that Volnutt has quite the cult following, so I'm not sure about that.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'd like to know how to rip animations, maybe I should get in contact with BSZ...
The method for checking the TvC animations was through a memory dump performed while emulating it in Dolphin, I think. I think Thanyou did it out of curiosity after he did the same thing for ToS2 for the Lloyd project. You'd just need to do it while you were in a battle where Volnutt was fighting.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey, is this still going over Rob? I'd contact BSZ, their Zero is going over Rob too... :/

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hey, is this still going over Rob? I'd contact BSZ, their Zero is going over Rob too... :/
Possibly, they're not sure. BSZ was saying stuff without actually knowing what was needed for the PSA. I think Eldiran still wants to do it over Link the most.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
Possibly, they're not sure. BSZ was saying stuff without actually knowing what was needed for the PSA. I think Eldiran still wants to do it over Link the most.
BSZ is changing it to over link

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Oh okay. Good to know. Of course, it won't matter once the clone engine is out. But how many times have you heard someone say that, right? :p

Top Bottom