• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Hey digiholic, i'll have a 3-day break from school this week, so I wonder if you can give me the files so I can start working on the animations as soon as I can. I'll probably work more on those 3 days.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Progress!

Digiholic, I fixed the shielding glitch for you, you can now shield, dodge and etc. It was easy, just added more bones.

About animations, I've done the running one. Not a huuuuge progress, but still. Maybe i'll upload a gif tonight.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Progress!

Digiholic, I fixed the shielding glitch for you, you can now shield, dodge and etc. It was easy, just added more bones.

About animations, I've done the running one. Not a huuuuge progress, but still. Maybe i'll upload a gif tonight.
Ah! I knew something would go wrong because of the bone amounts. I was surprised he fit over ROB in the first place, being the boniest character in the game >_>

Glad to hear animation is progressing, maybe we'll get to the state where I can actually be useful instead of waiting for people to fix my problems :dizzy:

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Ah! I knew something would go wrong because of the bone amounts. I was surprised he fit over ROB in the first place, being the boniest character in the game >_>

Glad to hear animation is progressing, maybe we'll get to the state where I can actually be useful instead of waiting for people to fix my problems :dizzy:
Were it not for the fact that I am a novice animator ( I am actually doing a big undertaking...making a fully cusotm animaiton set), I would be more than happy to help animate Volnutt (I have made a total of three completely custom animations. Nothing too exciting yet.)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hey digi, I'm now planning to work with his Neutral B (Charge)
Is it possible to use a different instance in walking and running?
^ Lets say he enters Neutral-B Charging state, I want a different animation for him when he walks/runs in a manner where he holds his buster instead.

I plan on doing it differently than TvC, as he actually does not have an animation when he charges.

ds22

Smash Lord
Seeing you need animators, I will give you a piece of info.
Naruto's animations can be used on Megaman Volnutt (translations need to be fixed to let the animations fit perfectly).
They have the same basic bone setup.
This pic as example:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Hey digi, I'm now planning to work with his Neutral B (Charge)
Is it possible to use a different instance in walking and running?
^ Lets say he enters Neutral-B Charging state, I want a different animation for him when he walks/runs in a manner where he holds his buster instead.

I plan on doing it differently than TvC, as he actually does not have an animation when he charges.
I should be able to use different animations, as long as I still have enough sub-actions in PSA to use.

Seeing you need animators, I will give you a piece of info.
Naruto's animations can be used on Megaman Volnutt (translations need to be fixed to let the animations fit perfectly).
They have the same basic bone setup.
This pic as example:
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2100/23742939.jpg
That's amazing! Where can I get a Naruto motionEtc? I'm sure it would help out a lot.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
About the animations, Zero's works with Volnutt too, that's where I got his running animation. Also, can anybody send me Volnutt's Wait1? I need it for the other animations.

Also, ds22, I've found a fix too, just added more bones to fix the original ThrowN boneindex of ROB (162).

ds22

Smash Lord
About the animations, Zero's works with Volnutt too, that's where I got his running animation. Also, can anybody send me Volnutt's Wait1? I need it for the other animations.

Also, ds22, I've found a fix too, just added more bones to fix the original ThrowN boneindex of ROB (162).
You just had to take it away from me, didn't you. -_-
Kidding, but yeah, adding more bones indeed fixes the shield.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
the shield is ThrowN (index of it) so if mario's throw N was 5 and you put kirby on him which had 6, but his arm was 5, kirby's arm would grow. so there needs to be a bone (any bone) with the same index as the ThrowN of whoever you are putting it on. (dont change indexes for this cuz i think it causes problems)

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I could help you guys animate, Project Cubone is at a standstill, so I'm open to help other projects again.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Progress

Here are some progress screenshots:

All his weapons are there on those screenshots, but it won't be like that. It's just for testing purposes. They'll be separated in articles(?).
The running animation was made by Razanak. I just ported it over Volnutt, it was made for Zero.

Fen__

Smash Ace
All his weapons are there on those screenshots, but it won't be like that. It's just for testing purposes. They'll be separated in articles(?).
The running animation was made by Razanak. I just ported it over Volnutt, it was made for Zero.
Could you elaborate? I was under the impression that articles couldn't be edited and that we were waiting on Eldiran's method for Zero to be completed since shrinking/enlarging them was problematic (for reasons I can't remember).

ds22

Smash Lord

Nice, very nice.
But how are going to do the weapon separation in articles?

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
About that, I don't know if they are indeed called articles. It's very simple, it's the same way I did Majora's Mask. Replace a model in the FitRobot, then call it using PSA. Then I just moved it to fit the face. Maybe I can do it the same way, but with his weapons.

ds22

Smash Lord
About that, I don't know if they are indeed called articles. It's very simple, it's the same way I did Majora's Mask. Replace a model in the FitRobot, then call it using PSA. Then I just moved it to fit the face. Maybe I can do it the same way, but with his weapons.
That are articles yes, but you'll have to have the weapons as separate models and your bound to the articles R.O.B. has (I don't know how much though).

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
That are articles yes, but you'll have to have the weapons as separate models and your bound to the articles R.O.B. has (I don't know how much though).
Yeah, I'll just delete all the polygons except the weapons I want. It'll be a boring job, but whatever.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
You can start with the Gyro.
That's at least one article.
Also, you like my CSP/CSS for Megaman Volnutt?
I used Naruto's Guard animation for it...
Yeah, I liked them. But if you remove the drills, it will be even better.
I'll probably use the gyro for the drills, because dorirus are win. (TTGL reference)

ds22

Smash Lord
Yeah, I liked them. But if you remove the drills, it will be even better.
I'll probably use the gyro for the drills, because dorirus are win. (TTGL reference)
The problem is, if I remove the drills and use Naruto's Guard animation, you'll see that the translations of the bones in his arms are stretched.
But I'll see what I can do.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
The problem is, if I remove the drills and use Naruto's Guard animation, you'll see that the translations of the bones in his arms are stretched.
But I'll see what I can do.
Sure, take your time. I'll try doing a CSP too, but not now. Then we can choose which one is the best. :p

Fen__

Smash Ace
Why would it feature all of his weapons? Although gameplay does change between weapons, it's not like they're different characters like with people like Zelda/Sheik, PT, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, etc. In fact, I think it'd be best (personal taste) if each color showed off a different weapon.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Why would it feature all of his weapons? Although gameplay does change between weapons, it's not like they're different characters like with people like Zelda/Sheik, PT, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, etc. In fact, I think it'd be best (personal taste) if each color showed off a different weapon.
Well, I'm not the one responsable about the Moveset. That's digiholic's work. But I liked your idea too.

In BrawlBox, he doesn't have a glossy cool effect over him.
And personally, I like the effect the drills give in the CSP/CSS.
Yeah...
Well, let's have yours, then. It'll be a huge *** work to make only one weapon show up in game.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not the one responsable about the Moveset. That's digiholic's work. But I liked your idea too.
No, I didn't mean changing the moveset for each costume. I meant it would be nicer if each CSP color featured a different weapon. You couldn't actually make a different moveset for every costume, anyways. For example, maybe the normal color poses like in digiholic's avatar, the green one is using the shield, the red one uses the machine gun, etc.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
No, I didn't mean changing the moveset for each costume. I meant it would be nicer if each CSP color featured a different weapon. You couldn't actually make a different moveset for every costume, anyways. For example, maybe the normal color poses like in digiholic's avatar, the green one is using the shield, the red one uses the machine gun, etc.
Ohh, that. I like your idea, i'll be contacting digiholic about that.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Hey, I'm back. Has anyone else been unable to load SmashBoards for about four days?

Looks like a lot of progress has been made despite my absence, though, so all is well. The animations are coming along much faster now, so I'll begin production of the PSA soon.

As for the weapons, I was pretty much planning on deleting them from the main model, then adding them on as some of the article models in ROB's pac, like his gyro. The current plan is, either delete the model part, and copy some hex values over the article to (hopefully) replace the article with the weapon model. If that doesn't work, I could try to figure out a way to delete bones by fiddling with the hex values and delete everything except the weapons, and port the new model over the articles then.

That being said, both of these methods are theoretical, and might not work. If they don't work, I'll just wait for BrawlBox 0.64 and import the weapons into the articles manually.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm back. Has anyone else been unable to load SmashBoards for about four days?

Looks like a lot of progress has been made despite my absence, though, so all is well. The animations are coming along much faster now, so I'll begin production of the PSA soon.

As for the weapons, I was pretty much planning on deleting them from the main model, then adding them on as some of the article models in ROB's pac, like his gyro. The current plan is, either delete the model part, and copy some hex values over the article to (hopefully) replace the article with the weapon model. If that doesn't work, I could try to figure out a way to delete bones by fiddling with the hex values and delete everything except the weapons, and port the new model over the articles then.

That being said, both of these methods are theoretical, and might not work. If they don't work, I'll just wait for BrawlBox 0.64 and import the weapons into the articles manually.
What was Eldiran's method for the new TvC Zero, and why aren't you considering it anymore? Or, I guess, is one of those his method?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Did he figure it out? Is there even a Zero thread I could keep up on their progress in?
I'm pretty sure they're working on it privately, but I think Eldiran is doing his part of the project right now last I heard. He said before that he was willing to share his method with you, so maybe you should PM him and see what he decided on.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I believe that this will be relevant. He did a memory dump of the game in the battle and was able to find a load of animation files, among other things. This could really help get past the biggest problem with this project (lack of animators).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If someone could give me the TvC ISO or just try this out in Dolphin using a memory dumper (ds22 posted one in the MDL0 thread), I could look around.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
You can actually just set it to show the polys during certain animations if a bit is set.

Top Bottom