• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Z: A competitive extension of Project M

andzrej

Project Z Curator

Project Z is an extension of Project M, with a focus on competitive and clean additions.
Characters have had recolors and alts added. With the exception of a few stages, most of them are now competitive. The only legal map change is Pokemon Stadium 1, to a balanced version.

I made this in order to get some more variety in Project M. Let me know what y'all think. (`・ω・´)

Full list coming soon. Currently an amalgamation of the moisture pack, theytah's, the reddit song thread v2, and my personal choices.

This area could use a bit of polishing; I plan on touching it up in future versions. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Project Z v1.0.3 (Homebrew)

Update[1]: Game and Watch can cause the game to freeze after the match finishes. To fix this,
download MenSelchrFaceB170.brres and put it in X:\projectm\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex.

-Add more music
-Redo some CSPs
-Do stock icons for added alts
-Suggestions

-The PMBR ~> Project M
-BrawlVault ~> Hosting all of these files in a searchable format
-Mewtwo2000 ~> cbliss tool, maps, and the asl tool in the future
-Theytah ~> textures, music, stages, packs
-Patt Anderson ~> music, stages, textures, packs
-Xenozoa425 ~> textures, stages
-taiko ~> textures, hud, smash 3 stuffs
-Tock Knock ~> textures
-Lunchables ~> CSS logo
-splat ~> bowser's castle
-sluigi123 ~> camera help
-ashingda ~> ganon sword mod
-thetippylapras ~> menu bg stuff
-AlGeorgeRomo ~> textures
-KingJigglyPuff ~> character animations
-nanobuds ~> textures
-shun ~> textures

-UltimateWario ~> skins
-Alm52525 ~> Wuhu Plane Ride
+ many many more awesome people (`・ω・´)

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Interesting compilation of stuffs.

Yes! It has happened! I am now referred to as just "Shun"!

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Okay then..idk how but I'll look up on the "How to"
The hackless version should have a couple things in the root directory. A boot.elf file, a gameconfig.txt file, and 3 folders: codes, private, projectm. Just delete the codes and projectm folders, and replace them with mine from the download.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
The hackless version should have a couple things in the root directory. A boot.elf file, a gameconfig.txt file, and 3 folders: codes, private, projectm. Just delete the codes and projectm folders, and replace them with mine from the download.
Thank you Admiral Andzrej. I'll do that now

andzrej

Project Z Curator
For those of you who have downloaded it so far, Yoshi's story is actually Doge's story (Doge on Randall). I forgot to replace it before uploading.
I'll add a patch later today for those who want the original.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
@ andzrej andzrej Are you using an updated version of sword play arena? The one on Theytas build (from brawl vault) has some severe slow down glitches when using certain moves.

Have you tested all of these stages personally?

andzrej

Project Z Curator
@ andzrej andzrej Are you using an updated version of sword play arena? The one on Theytas build (from brawl vault) has some severe slow down glitches when using certain moves.

Have you tested all of these stages personally?
It has glitched out when I used a final smash, but I haven't seen anything like that in 1v1's.

edit: Yeah, I've played sets on every map I've added, to test out how it plays and how the camera feels.

Last edited:

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Added a hackless download for v0.9.3.

has some severe slow down glitches when using certain moves.
Okay I went back and played some 1v1 sets on it, and what happens is the camera glitches occasionally when a player falls under a certain height, on either side.
Apparently this only happens in 1v1, I had tested it with 4 player and the only glitch was right after a final smash was activated.

I'll find a good map to replace this in the first update (will update the music also). :-)

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
Your teams colors are wrong for Charizard and Squirtle. Green and blue are inverted for Charizard, red and green for Squirtle. Also, it'll be cool if you'd add the new skins/alts to teams as well, like how you can play the Melee skins in teams for Fox and Falco, you could do the same with with all your new skins, if you know how.

EDIT: HUD portrait for green Brawl Falco shows the gold one. New purple one shows Brawl black.

My Music needs serious update, no idea which brawl/PM stages correspond to which of yours. No titles for most music.

CSS portraits are covered by their names for many chars, notably Falco, Snake, Ike, etc.

CSS gold Samus loads red/brown Samus, has vBrawl dark Samus HUD portrait

Last edited:

Pandamatak

Smash Rookie
Doesn't look like this has been mentioned anywhere, but is the current version of project Z (0.9.3 as of now) on top of project m 3.0 or 3.02? (latest as of now)
I'd like to use project Z, but the bugfixes in 3.02 are really important to me, too.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't look like this has been mentioned anywhere, but is the current version of project Z (0.9.3 as of now) on top of project m 3.0 or 3.02? (latest as of now)
I'd like to use project Z, but the bugfixes in 3.02 are really important to me, too.
Likely 3.02. The 3.0 and 3.01 updates were only out for a combined total of a bit more than a month.

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
hm seems interesting i like the toon link skin choice and i think the wuhu airplain is a thing of the wii sports resort but overall i think il download this later

[edit]
also waht do you mean by you was making it more competitive?

[edit-2]
project-m_Patt's buils has some nice music in it you can ask him

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
The foreground for Skyloft 2 goes black a majority of the time. Only once did the lighting for the stage work for me. Toad at the 3D Land Tower stage goes dark for a frame or 2 sometimes. I can also clip through the lower part of the right wall of Chimp's Skating Challenge with most characters with the exception of King Dedede since he's to large and can't fit through the wall.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Do I over ride the project m mod or do I add this one to the same sd card?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Kinda wish you woulda got my permission to use Booigi.

I mean, I don't care, but asking would've been nice. :\

Last edited:

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
Is it possible that you could upload this pack using the 3.0 launcher? (I have a bad disc)
Or is there any way to use the 3.0 launcher by just replacing some files?

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I love it!!! But the Mii sword fight stage glitches when your character starts falling below the level of the main platform. Btw I love the 2 new gothic peach costumes. Gives it a dark sinister feel. Wish the Dracula stage was back!

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Hey Andzrej, I'm really liking your build. Where did you get the CSPs for the Concept Art Meta Knight recolors? I found the Concept Art Meta Knight recolors on KCMM but I couldn't find any CSPs for them.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
this takes forever to download uhhggg.... but it should be worth the wait right?

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Hello everyone! I kinda got really busy after publishing this, so I wasn't able to work on it til now.
In the next week or so I will be launching a new update, with a lot of bug fixes, map replacements, and possibly new skins as well as some skin removals.

Your teams colors are wrong for Charizard and Squirtle. Green and blue are inverted for Charizard, red and green for Squirtle. Also, it'll be cool if you'd add the new skins/alts to teams as well, like how you can play the Melee skins in teams for Fox and Falco, you could do the same with with all your new skins, if you know how.

EDIT: HUD portrait for green Brawl Falco shows the gold one. New purple one shows Brawl black.

My Music needs serious update, no idea which brawl/PM stages correspond to which of yours. No titles for most music.

CSS portraits are covered by their names for many chars, notably Falco, Snake, Ike, etc.

CSS gold Samus loads red/brown Samus, has vBrawl dark Samus HUD portrait
Thanks, I will look into this. With all the changes I made, I figured there would be errors that I'd miss.
I totally forgot about my music when making this. That'll be updated, as well as the music so there's no repeats.
All of these issues will be fixed in the next update.

How do you add the new alts to the team list? I am interesting in doing that if there's a link or tutorial on it.

3.02 or the latest version! :-)

The foreground for Skyloft 2 goes black a majority of the time. Only once did the lighting for the stage work for me. Toad at the 3D Land Tower stage goes dark for a frame or 2 sometimes. I can also clip through the lower part of the right wall of Chimp's Skating Challenge with most characters with the exception of King Dedede since he's to large and can't fit through the wall.
Yeah these stages are being replaced. Skyloft 2 worked for me, so not sure what the issue is there, but I want to find a better map anyhow. The chimp stage is funny too, I figured it out with Ganon's choke and accidentally clipped through that wall.. In the next update it should have better maps. :-)

Kinda wish you woulda got my permission to use Booigi.

I mean, I don't care, but asking would've been nice. :\
Sorry man, I didn't realize. I can remove it if you want.

Is it possible that you could upload this pack using the 3.0 launcher? (I have a bad disc)
Or is there any way to use the 3.0 launcher by just replacing some files?
I'm not sure how to create a pack for that, but I can look into it once I have some free time.

I love it!!! But the Mii sword fight stage glitches when your character starts falling below the level of the main platform. Btw I love the 2 new gothic peach costumes. Gives it a dark sinister feel. Wish the Dracula stage was back!
Good news, it's coming back! Along with Norfair.
The swordplay arena is being replaced as well due to bugs.

Hey Andzrej, I'm really liking your build. Where did you get the CSPs for the Concept Art Meta Knight recolors? I found the Concept Art Meta Knight recolors on KCMM but I couldn't find any CSPs for them.
I made them myself in photoshop, feel free to use them. :-)

Not that it really matters, but I would like to be credited for Wuhu Plane Ride (Airplane as you called it).
Will do! I couldn't remember the exact name when I published the pack haha.

this takes forever to download uhhggg.... but it should be worth the wait right?
Depends on if you like the previews or not :-)

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone! I kinda got really busy after publishing this, so I wasn't able to work on it til now.
In the next week or so I will be launching a new update, with a lot of bug fixes, map replacements, and possibly new skins as well as some skin removals.
If you need any more balanced stages, I know a guy who does that sort of thing...
*COUGH*shameless self-promotion*COUGH*

But really, this looks like a very interesting pack, I might have to try it out when you release the new update!

andzrej

Project Z Curator
The new update is finally here!

A lot of new skins have been added, including a lot of Smash 3 updates.
Many of the page 2 maps have been reworked, and the overall quality should be much higher now.

Let me know if there are any bugs or if y'all have any questions about Project Z v1.0.3!

The Homebrew download can be found here. (1.29gb)

SpaceshipYoshi

Smash Rookie
I downloaded this about two hours ago. and I love it.
Problems I noticed: A game featuring G&W crashed before it could load the results. Not sure if it was BECAUSE of G&W or some weird chance, but I haven't had issues with any other character
I use Red Doctor Mario, and sometimes his cape glitches and flickers around his model while playing (after using it, ofc). I'm not sure if this problem is specific to this color or what

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I downloaded this about two hours ago. and I love it.
Problems I noticed: A game featuring G&W crashed before it could load the results. Not sure if it was BECAUSE of G&W or some weird chance, but I haven't had issues with any other character
I use Red Doctor Mario, and sometimes his cape glitches and flickers around his model while playing (after using it, ofc). I'm not sure if this problem is specific to this color or what
Thanks for reporting! I will look into this. Which skin was being used?

For future crashes, can you jot down :
Characters played & what skins
Stage played
Last known action before the freeze (e.g. throwing bacon then the game freezes) <- doesn't apply in this situation

I know about the mario cape texture glitch, and I thought I fixed that. In the meantime, either getting hit or using the cape again seems to fix it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom