• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

project64k Controller Settings

CyrusTheGreat

Smash Cadet
Can anyone their upload the controller settings (.cpa file) for me and anyone else having trouble configuring their n64 controller so it works like it should. All the settings for deadzone and range and etc, I keep messing up on. Right now, I'm using N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.83 controller plugin. If you have a .cpa for a different plugin, I'll download it if it works. I want to get back into online play again, Thanks

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Not everyones configurations will work the same cuss alot of people may use different n64 adapters. What do u use?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
For what i know alot of people use that one. I use a gcn controller tho so i cant help u but alot of people should.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Also, you should configure your joystick via windows XP control panal rather than the emulator itself. It may have sensitivity issues which can be resolved there

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
That's the adapter I use. Like Kso said, you need to configure the controller in Windows Control Panel as well. Then you can mess around with the deadzone. I had mine set at 12% when I used N-Rage and 0% when I use the default Jabo plugin.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Dead-zone is the area of the analog that isn't calculated: The higher the setting, the less ghost movements you will see, go to high and you will feel some delay due to the deadzone. Go to low, and it might be too sensitive.

Top Bottom