• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Projectile Rankings:.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Sheik's needles should be #3 or #4 IMO, 18 dmg... and can attack at an angle, and change throwing direction mid-air... so versatile!
any character can change direction in midair. its called b-reversal
and also going at an angle isnt always a good thing. See Links arrows vs TL arrows Which is better?

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
Din's should be much lower. It sucks. really. It's very dodgable and not, I repeat not very spammable. If it's used more than like twice, you can punish it with ease.
Oh Come on ! it is one of the most Spammable moves in the game, you chase an opponent with it and let go of B. Rinse and Repeat. It racks up damage, it has high knockback and on walk off stages you just keep following them with Din's Fire and kill them.

Also Snakes RCM is good, it is spammable on flat stages also it can edge guard and get really cheap KOs! eg. If you have knocked a light opponent into the air and he is coming down than RCM him and knock him further up eventually it will kill him. It is also handy for getting the Smash Ball If you are being rushed just press Z and you let go of it. All Good Snakes know how to do that !

Snakes Up Smash it is great for edge guarding, simply face towards the edge on the edge and mash his Up Smash. But hey this is just my opinion

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I think the projectiles need to be stripped from their characters first before anyone can compare them.

That way, we can CONSIDER WHAT PROPERTIES EACH HAS (Damage, range, flight path, limits, spamability, hitbox, priority, and etc) and THEN RANK THEM.

But don't listen to me, I'm just a silly "Smash n00b".

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'll say it right now. Links bombs are better than Toon Links. Toon Links have a slightly larger radius. Links bombs do more damage, have more knock back, and can be thrown farther. Also, there considered a far better projectile than the boomerang or bow by the Link community

J4pu

Smash Champion
Honestly, I think the projectiles need to be stripped from their characters first before anyone can compare them.

That way, we can CONSIDER WHAT PROPERTIES EACH HAS (Damage, range, flight path, limits, spamability, hitbox, priority, and etc) and THEN RANK THEM.

But don't listen to me, I'm just a silly "Smash n00b".
somebody listen to this man

Delvro

Smash Ace
Mario's fireball is NOT worse than Luigi's. Don't get me wrong, Luigi's fireball is great, but Mario's is much better for approaching and stopping approachers short. Mario's fireball leads in to just about anything in his arsenal.

I also think you're wrong about F.L.U.D.D.
It may not be great against the likes of R.O.B., but it is one of the reason that Mario is one of the best gimpers in the game. Plus, you can FLUDD G&W's turtle and other multi-hit attacks to produce random hitlag to create an opening for an attack.

BentoBox

Smash Master
This is bull****. Peach's bomb pull is clearly the best projectile in the game. Learnyourfacts&stuff ^_^

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
lmao aura sphere is waaay too high.

Also ROB's Gyro isn't on the list and it should be right next to his Laser. Also Laser is the best priority projectile (aside from dins fire) in the game. It goes through the pillars on LM and breaks every attack, including all of MKs moves. Also you can tilt it up and down. Gyro charging can be canceled meaning free wavebounces, it's great for ROB's glidetossing, it's got messed up hitboxes, can stop most of MK's moves, AND it's a KO move.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
what about G&W's chef?

Squirtle's water gun should be above mario's F.L.U.D.D. cuz at least it can cause damage when tapped quickly a second time.

Waddle dee toss should be above turnip (stay on stage, waddle doos, gordos)

Snake's C4, when lain somewhere else on stage, does incur damge away from Snakes "damagable collsion bubbles" right? So shouldn't that be considered a projectile according to the smashwiki definition? The C4 does "leave the user" so....... or is there a sort of unwritten assumption that it also has to be in motion at the point of impact and damage?

This guy hasn't changed anything like what the last bunch of pages have been saying:
Din's Fire: Down
Aura Sphere: Down
Pikmin Toss: Up
Snake's RCM: a little higher
Samus charge shot and missile: switch places
Add: Gyro (probably mid)
Add: Chef (probably low)
Add: Blizzard (probably low on the mid section)
Deep revision on Link/Toon Link comparisons and Lucas/Ness comparisons
It's a mortar, not motor
Thunder is the one that comes out of the cloud

It's a great idea for a thread, enough so for me to ask that a moderator take it over so they can update the general concenses unlike DarkThundah (no offense to him)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Imo it's bananas > all.

But yeah anyway... Dins Fire sucks.
Aura Sphere is nice, but is it really that good?

I'd say Pikachus Thunder is way better than the Waddle Dee toss or the vegetables from Peach...

Samus' missiles are also way better than her charge shot.

Ness' PK Flash is actually not THAT bad, and it sure is better than Lucas' PK Freeze.

Maybe Diddys popgun should be a little higher, but I dunno.

Also Diddys rocketbarrels should be at least middle.

I'd also say Toon Links Boomerang should be a little bit higher.
Din's fire isn't THAT bad
For thunder to be really useful it should be able to hit a lot, which it really doesn't
Diddy's rocketbarrels are only considered a projectile when he's hit and they fly away from him, at which point they should stay ranked where they are: fairly low

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Din's is still a good projectile. it's fast for something THAT big and damaging. it's just easily dodged, which means that it should NOT be uber.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
Peach's vegetable higher than King D3's Waddle Dee Toss? Can these vegies walk around the stage, inflicting damage to unsuspecting victims? Can a different type of vegi walk around to zap yet again more unsuspecting victims, which in turn can lead to combos? Can Peach randomly pull out a death trap that remains on the stage like practically forever, instantly KOing a freakin unsuspecting victim at mid-percentage? No, Peach can't... Give Waddle Dee Toss what it deserves, High rank.
V V V V V V BTW WD's can fly, nuff said. V V V V V V

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Peach's vegetable higher than King D3's Waddle Dee Toss? Can these vegies walk around the stage, inflicting damage to unsuspecting victims? Can a different type of vegi walk around to zap yet again more unsuspecting victims, which in turn can lead to combos? Can Peach randomly pull out a death trap that remains on the stage like practically forever, instantly KOing a freakin unsuspecting victim at mid-percentage? No, Peach can't... Give Waddle Dee Toss what it deserves, High rank.
Can DeDeDe Glide toss almost whenever he wants due to his projectile?

Also, peach can randomly pull out a death trap -_-.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
Can DeDeDe Glide toss almost whenever he wants due to his projectile?

Also, peach can randomly pull out a death trap -_-.
First of all, you had only two reasons vs. my four (technically three excluding WD's flying).
Next of all, are you referring Peach's death trap to gimpability, or to instant KOability? The vegetable can only gimp. Either way, a Gordo can gimp ur recovery when it kills u so yea, Waddle Dee Toss wins. ;)

BentoBox

Smash Master
bombs/stitchfaces/mr.saturns/beamswords say hi!

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
Why is Gale Boomerang higher than TL's boomerang?

TL's boomerang: Does OK damage both ways, disrupts opponents, more agile, combos into things.

Let's take a look at Link's: Less damage than TL's, slightly faster (I think), wind effect (not as useful), can be followed up with dash attack....er, nothing else I think.

Point is, I think TL's boomerang has more uses than Link's. Please look into it.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
If this has already been brought up or I missed it in the original list, I apologize, but... does R.O.B.'s Gyro not count as a projectile?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Pit's arrows belong at the very top, but at least Pit is already an archer so its understandable he should be actively using projectiles, except you can say the same about Ness or Samus and their projectiles aren't over the top. (Very top.)

Olimar's Pikmin Throw is definitely up there because it hikes up Olimar's already solid camping that works off of the grab range. Though you can punch through the Pikmin and get Olimar somewhat. Still, it deserves any hate for it a little more than Pit's arrows does too, because it spends Pikmin lives like water, which I believe goes against Olimar's character or whatnot. That wouldn't even be a problem if the Pikmin maturity stages did something, preferably with leaf Pikmin being worse off than what we have so that flower Pikmin don't make Olimar overpowered. (Lower TOP just out of spite of basically turning Olimar into Zero.)

Grenades.......up there with versatility, but they come slowly, so it's not like they're uber. Oh, speaking of Snake, I checked out his tilt horizontal ranges using Battlefield's small platforms: the forward tilt's reach is about 90% of the platform, and the up tilt is about 70%. I see why they can be dangerous, but I wouldn't outright gamebreaking. Oh, and the disjoints must have been intended; I also tested for diagonal disjoint with the up tilt, and there is virtually none. (Upper high.)

Din's Fire is up there again, this time for sheer power. But it's slow so it can be dodged. (Upper high.)

Diddy's bananas......the instant trip for being hit can be very abusive, and it certainly make no sense. Slipping because of a banana peel should happen because your foot touched it, not because your torso touched it. The grounded one should already be sufficient as a form of stage control, especially when Diddy is already a close range demon. (Mid top, again out of spite against this.)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
If this has already been brought up or I missed it in the original list, I apologize, but... does R.O.B.'s Gyro not count as a projectile?
uhh...yeah, the beginning post had the definition of projectile and gyro is definitely one

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
First of all, you had only two reasons vs. my four (technically three excluding WD's flying).
Next of all, are you referring Peach's death trap to gimpability, or to instant KOability? The vegetable can only gimp. Either way, a Gordo can gimp ur recovery when it kills u so yea, Waddle Dee Toss wins. ;)
it's not the number of reasons. it's how good the reasons are... vegetables > Waddle Dee toss

GameQ

Smash Cadet
Yea I'm a rob main and I am deeply hurt by the exclusion of his dradle.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Pit's arrows belong at the very top, but at least Pit is already an archer so its understandable he should be actively using projectiles, except you can say the same about Ness or Samus and their projectiles aren't over the top. (Very top.)
There was a long debate about Pit's arrows VS Falco's lasers, in short, Falco's lasers won; Pit's arrows are very good but Falco's are still better. If you really want some answers though, feel free to ask me.

Din's Fire is up there again, this time for sheer power. But it's slow so it can be dodged. (Upper high.)
No, Din's Fire isn't that good; low priority, easily dodged and blocked, and Zelda is vunerable while she uses it.

why are marios fireballs so low? i find them really useful...
Old list and there are plenty of other things wrong with it.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Ehhh, you can mix-up with Din's... if they spot dodge and get predictable, just run it in2 ground and they get engulfed in flame because it takes longer to set off. Also, it hurts shield if they shield it all the time.. and Zelda attacks will hurt a person with half a sheild. I gurantee you.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Din's fire isnt difficult to power shield though.

This list absolutely fails to consider projectiles that can be used as an approach. Thunders jolt, fireballs, and since they dont cause explosions they are much easier to follow up with other things. Pikachu can even catch up with his own projectile

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ehhh, you can mix-up with Din's... if they spot dodge and get predictable, just run it in2 ground and they get engulfed in flame because it takes longer to set off. Also, it hurts shield if they shield it all the time.. and Zelda attacks will hurt a person with half a sheild. I gurantee you.
But you can outprioritize it and atk Zelda while she's using it; Din's Fire has low priority and Zelda leaves herself open while using it.

This list absolutely fails to consider projectiles that can be used as an approach. Thunders jolt, fireballs, and since they dont cause explosions they are much easier to follow up with other things. Pikachu can even catch up with his own projectile
Yep, which is why this list needs to be either re-done or re-made.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*hates how Toon Link is mid in everything*

Top Bottom