• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile Spamming TL

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
I could use a little help on working my game around one of my friends who simply spams projectiles with TL.

He uses a DI'd Up boomerang, and arrow, and then a short-hopped bomb aimed at my feet. Then, he repeats the process until he can get close enough to Fsmash, then, gets above me and Dair's. =/

I can handle his game, but i don't want to simply beat him. Since he's been spamming projectiles since the beggining of time, and counters since melee, I want to SLAUGHTER him.

Any suggestions on helpful techniques, strategies, or even a certain playing strategy that could help my Ness accomplish this?

Many thanks,

Gamma

Masky

Smash Master
QFT

also dair is easy to PKflash :laugh:

If Ness' Fair is anything like yoshi's Bair (which I think they're awfully similar). Then your Fair should beat out projectiles
Nope, fair doesn't beat any of them and just makes bombs explode ):

Also, there's another, better trick for dair, but I don't want to post it... if you want to know then I can tell you in PM

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PK Jump really helps in this match because of its huge range and great approach to get around those annoying arrows. I mean SERIOUSLY, I could never beat Toony until I PK Jumped.

Powershielding works. Boomerang is easy to bat if it comes at a predictable angle to you. When batted, the boomerang goes crazy :bee:

Utilt or quick uncharged PK Flash the dairs.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
as hard as it sounds, try to get in as much as possible. ness can't play the projectile game. try approaching with short hop dairs to pressure his shield, but land behind him so you dont get shield grabbed. jab whenever possible because its one of ness's fastest attacks. if he dairs you a lot. try to set it up for him and quickly move out of the way. his landing lag can be easily punished with a grab. DONT FORGET HIS FSMASH HAS TWO PARTS! that always trips me up... if possible, when hes in the air mindgame him with PKT, pretend like youre going to hit him, and whip it around. when he lands hit him with PKT2. all of my advice is situational, dont overuse anything or it will get predictable. gl

E-unit

Smash Cadet
All I can say is reflect w/ the bat it works every time. Just practice your timing. except the bomb though. I dont think u can reflect them.... PK Fire might help on that part

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm practicing all day after classes with Mr.Black who's going to try and play TL just like my other friend. I'm hoping to utilize all these techniques, and hopefully 2-stock Dave (annoying TL) at our LAN tonight.

Much love,

Gamma

Uffe

Smash Hero
Usually when I fight Toon Link I get close enough to where spamming arrows, boomerangs and bombs are pointless. I like fighting Toon Link. He's not easy, but when you approach him, be sure to air dodge a lot. There will be moments where you end up grabbing the bomb he threw and you can use it against him.

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
Usually when I fight Toon Link I get close enough to where spamming arrows, boomerangs and bombs are pointless. I like fighting Toon Link. He's not easy, but when you approach him, be sure to air dodge a lot. There will be moments where you end up grabbing the bomb he threw and you can use it against him.

My buddy suggested that I rush him as well, and believe me, it's a fantastic strategy. If he would've stuck around for more Brawl, it would have been hilarious.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Powerwalk" (Powershield while walking by pressing diagonally up in the the direction you want to go and simply press the shield button) or try ledge stalling to make him come to you. If he's anything like some of the Toon Link's I've played; he'll sometimes be overethusiastic about the dair spike so take full advantage of that. Because of the nature of Ness and Lucas's second jump, it's easier for them to take advatage of this then most characters if they're on the edge. Also, if he's spamming fsmash, just shield grab him and laugh at him when he tries to do it again. A good Toon Link will primarily use fair, bair, and usmash for kills because fsmash and dsmash are just that easy to counter. In reality, you are given a decent amount of options if he whiffs either of these attacks so get creative about countering it.

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
"Powerwalk" (Powershield while walking by pressing diagonally up in the the direction you want to go and simply press the shield button) or try ledge stalling to make him come to you. If he's anything like some of the Toon Link's I've played; he'll sometimes be overethusiastic about the dair spike so take full advantage of that. Because of the nature of Ness and Lucas's second jump, it's easier for them to take advatage of this then most characters if they're on the edge. Also, if he's spamming fsmash, just shield grab him and laugh at him when he tries to do it again. A good Toon Link will primarily use fair, bair, and usmash for kills because fsmash and dsmash are just that easy to counter. In reality, you are given a decent amount of options if he whiffs either of these attacks so get creative about countering it.
This is some of the best advice i could hope for. I really appreciate it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Just fair him to death... >_>

Fair is probably my most used move with Ness... it's SOOO good. Nearly nothing get's though it, and even if something does, the enemy is getting hit too (sadly it only does 1 % per hit I think).

Top Bottom