• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proper Lucas Match-Ups

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
After playing this game for a decent amount of time I fell in love with the potential which shined through with this character. It wasn't so much the fine detailed points regarding his projectile game. But more the feel of how he is able to combo 0-80% on specific character using only 1-2 moves then easily get a grab or reset->grab into Usmash or a solid bair. I found the previous match-up list to be extremely off and wanted to throw my opinions out there and hopefully understand some match-ups which I don't quite know about yet.

FOX: 40-60 (Fox)
Now not to confuse anyone but Lucas is able to win this if played extremely patiently and very cautiously. The huge thing in this match-up is Fox's grab game (uthrow->uair) being amazing against the floatiness of Lucas expecially on smaller stages. Which the stage striking list has made it quite difficult for you to solidly counterpick the stages you would prefer to go to.

Advantages:
-Lucas can chaingrab Fox at lower percents (it is slightly tricky) (Stage with few platforms would be preferable: Ex: Smashville, FD, Melee Poke's, etc.)
-Uthow->Usmash is super amazing at low-mid % (on any spacey basically)
-Uthrow->Uair can lead to some amazing juggling combos at mid %
-You are able to out space with DJC Freeze
-Following on point above it can lead into a few solid hits with a nair or fair combo to rack up decent %
-Retreating nair on the back of the shield is amazingg pressure followed up with magnet shine to WD back is a cute trick to fake the player out.
-Freeze can also set you up for grab shenanigans.

Negatives
-Uthow->Uair
-SPEED
-His pressure game when he gets in
-Shine = Sadness
-Usmash OoS destroys a lot of your pressure options on his shield
-His grab game is extremely dominant in this match-up
-Your pk freeze is slow in comparison to the movement which a good fox player will establish.

(To be continued. Tomorrow: Ganon, G&W, and Zero Suit)

MVP

Smash Ace
this once seems a lot more insightful though

it gives a lot more information and seems more professionally done. Keep it up man

EDIT: the other one is more of a pros and cons thread instead of a MU thread

Top Bottom